Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Rob Butler's comments on negative fans

Good on him, I say. Think he''s totally correct that fans should be allowed to express negative feeling towards our current situation on forums and social media, without being stopped or criticised by fans who are desperate to be seen as the positive one.

Well said, Rob.

I actually think that most of us are fairly entrenched in the middle ground, being neither over-critical or fervent happies, and that we can be swayed slightly either way, even as a reaction to the very latest result.

Fickle we are. As with most supporters of all football clubs.

Criticism doesn''t undermine our basic support though for whatever mis-fortune attaches it''s self to our club, we will always be supportive as we have, or should have, a cognitive assessment of our "place,"

No! This is not a ''Two Ronnies assessment of our current predicament but more realisation that our Club does not exist in the footballing hot spots of the NE, the NW or London and that we have, for the time being, limited investment from above.

We are what we are. A bit of a yo-yo side always capable of springing a surprise or two and we surely have a definite aim to consolidate ourselves at the top table.

The fact that we have become increasingly near to this aspiration is good enough for me.

I''d much rather it was expressed on forums like this one than expressed inside the ground on match days, so if this is a pressure valve for the faint-hearted then that''s all good with me.
However it can become a vicious cycle where negativity on here spills into negativity inside the stadium, and a lot of the moaning and whining on here is done by fifth columnists who absolutely reek of bin and are only here to stir the sh*t because a bad Norwich City season is as good as an Ipswich Town season gets.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Good on him, I say. Think he''s totally correct that fans should be allowed to express negative feeling towards our current situation on forums and social media, without being stopped or criticised by fans who are desperate to be seen as the positive one.

Well said, Rob.[/quote]
And at the risk of stirring the pot, which I would never do, VinWank will be along in a minute to tell you (or Rob Butler) to stop being divisive.  Look forward to that one.  I''m going to microwave some popcorn.

I expect in the interest of fairness he also said positive fans should be allowed to be positive without being ridiculed as happy clappers and the like...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I expect in the interest of fairness he also said positive fans should be allowed to be positive without being ridiculed as happy clappers and the like...

[/quote]
Yes, or apologists.
(cue sound of sirens)
(not the Simon & Garfunkel classic)

I''m keeping my powder dry till this thread really gets down and dirty.Because it so will[:D]

I''m drawing up a chair too now. I can only benefit by this ceasefire. Let''s see....

Oh and is that bell Canaryfan around?

@Borkins - re keeping negativity to forums/social media rather than the ground. Yes that was mentioned too I believe. Totally agree. I think forums and social media are just there for venting more than anything.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]@Borkins - re keeping negativity to forums/social media rather than the ground. Yes that was mentioned too I believe. Totally agree. I think forums and social media are just there for venting more than anything.[/quote]Depends on the mixture of idiocy though. Nothing wrong with healthy, reasoned, sensible debate, pretty sure nobody has ever criticised that.But idiots preaching doom and gloom months ago get pretty much what they deserve from me. It hasn''t been as bad this season but during Hughton''s relegation season it was like a competition to say how early in the season people saw it coming.I think if football made me that miserable I''d find something else to do on a Saturday.

I''ve found that my negativity towards our potential relegation has just been jumped upon whenever I''ve voiced my opinion. Same with Twitter. You can barely say anything against the team/club without someone jumping down your throat, claiming their opinion is definitely the right one. However, I understand that differing views will cause this to happen, of course.

I suppose I just wish that people could debate in a more measured way instead of using silly jibes and sarcasm to back up their points. Im not making myself out to be perfect by the way. Ive probably written some pathetic stuff on this forum over the years as a result of anger.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I''ve found that my negativity towards our potential relegation has just been jumped upon whenever I''ve voiced my opinion. Same with Twitter. You can barely say anything against the team/club without someone jumping down your throat, claiming their opinion is definitely the right one. However, I understand that differing views will cause this to happen, of course.

I suppose I just wish that people could debate in a more measured way instead of using silly jibes and sarcasm to back up their points. Im not making myself out to be perfect by the way. Ive probably written some pathetic stuff on this forum over the years as a result of anger.[/quote]I don''t think I have ever seen a well thought out, reasoned opinion jumped on. Perhaps if everyone is jumping on your views, theres a hint to be had there?

Well now Rowdee. On balance I would say my positivity gets jumped on a minimum of twice as much as your negativity. The reason for this is that there are more miserable feckers on here during difficult times. So I don''t get a complex....

Row D Seat 7 wrote the following post at 05/05/2016 7:14 PM:

Good on him, I say. Think he''s totally correct that fans should be allowed to express negative feeling towards our current situation on forums and social media, without being stopped or criticised by fans who are desperate to be seen as the positive one.

Well said, Rob.

Absolutely agree, well said.

By "negative fans", do we mean fans of Norwich City who are negative about Norwich City - suggesting they are not "fans" in the true sense - or fans of negativity?  I can think of many examples of the latter...

Can i agree with Winky agreeing with Row D ? [;)]There that should do it so who will be along next......Morty, Katherine or Nutty ? [:P]

Can i agree with Winky agreeing with Row D ? Wink [;)]

There that should do it so who will be along next......Morty, Katherine or Nutty ? Stick out tongue [:P]

😄

Is this a "who can be the biggest pot stirrer" competition.I know who my money''s on.....

morty wrote the following post at 05/05/2016 8:32 PM:

"Is this a "who can be the biggest pot stirrer" competition.

I know who my money''s on....."

You have asked and answered the question very succinctly, well done.👍

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Can we please just all pull together without being divisive?
[/quote][:D]

So who''s a pant wetting happy clapper then?.....

I am, on here negative nelly but love going to games, just a different experience and easy to support the team.

There''s nothing wrong with challenging the status quo, for continuous improvement you need to keep challenging every aspect. As long as it''s done in a constructive criticism rather than destructive surely that''s what every club should be doing from any fan through to the top of the board?

[quote user="Indy"]So who''s a pant wetting happy clapper then?.....

I am, on here negative nelly but love going to games, just a different experience and easy to support the team.

There''s nothing wrong with challenging the status quo, for continuous improvement you need to keep challenging every aspect. As long as it''s done in a constructive criticism rather than destructive surely that''s what every club should be doing from any fan through to the top of the board?[/quote]You do realise though that whingeing on a football forum really isn''t "challenging the status quo"?