Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Make or Break for Alex Neil

Relegated from the Premier League at the first time of asking. He''s made mistakes this season but I hope/think we stick with him. This huge setback will either make or break him as manager.

Hard to say which way it will go. If it depends on our recruitment, I fear for him.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Relegated from the Premier League at the first time of asking. He''s made mistakes this season but I hope/think we stick with him. This huge setback will either make or break him as manager.

Hard to say which way it will go. If it depends on our recruitment, I fear for him.[/quote]Can''t see him being sacked.The critical time for him will be ten games into the new season.

I would like to see him gone , been abysmal all season long and i have never known another manager to buy so many players and then not use them . Out of his depth we need a manager who has a little idea about what hes doing , Neil is not that man .

Canary, and who would you replace him with to guarantee success.

He got us up at first time of asking. He hasnt been abysmal all season. We''ve lacked woefully up front, but we never seem to learn.

If you can''t score (and we can''t big time) you''re always putting pressure on your defense.

Stick with him. Lets see if we can be strong again

Unless there is manager with a proven track record like Moyes lined up we are best sticking with AN for the first 3 months in chumps.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Relegated from the Premier League at the first time of asking. He''s made mistakes this season but I hope/think we stick with him. This huge setback will either make or break him as manager.

Hard to say which way it will go. If it depends on our recruitment, I fear for him.[/quote]How can it not depend on his recruitment?  We have a pi$$ poor defence, with the exception of Klose who we don''t know whether will be here next season or not.  Two thirds of the midfield aren''t worth a light or are too old...........Voo, Malumbu, O''Neill?  Wes? Jarvis, Dorrans.  Brady and Redmond will probably leave, and we have no strikers, except RvW and Jerome who can''t hit a barn door from a foot away.  We practically need a new team and you fear for AN''s recruitment?  I fear for NCFC.

Problem is that we look a worse side now than we did a year ago.

[quote user="Vanwink"]He''ll do a good job for us in the Championship IMO, as he did last time.[/quote]With Neil Adams squad that he has been unable to improve in his time here and is still playing the majority of them .

[quote user="GJP"]Problem is that we look a worse side now than we did a year ago.[/quote]

Hmmm... would that just possibly be because we are now in the Prem?

You cannot expect to stay in premier league with chumpionship players 9 the starting 11 were playing in playoff final. Questions need asking of the board big time.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Relegated from the Premier League at the first time of asking. He''s made mistakes this season but I hope/think we stick with him. This huge setback will either make or break him as manager.

Hard to say which way it will go. If it depends on our recruitment, I fear for him.[/quote]Can''t see him being sacked.The critical time for him will be ten games into the new season.[/quote]

I can''t either Ricardo, but when you look at his record over the last 16 games considering he spent a fair packet in January is just two wins and today we started with 9 players in our championship squad.....not that I want a change unless it''s for a better manager, but it''s not a great advert for AN.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="Vanwink"]He''ll do a good job for us in the Championship IMO, as he did last time.[/quote]With Neil Adams squad that he has been unable to improve in his time here and is still playing the majority of them .[/quote]Exactly this.  People say that he will bring young players through and improve the squad with new signings, based on what???  I just don''t see any evidence of it, far from it in fact.  So we go into next season and trust AN with the precious parachute payments, with a squad in desperate need of overhauling, in desperate need of strikers who can score and in need of improving both existing players and new players, including those signed from lower leagues.

I am sure will will stick with him for the time being but have people forgotten we have only taken 8 points from the second half of the season. He is fortunate to have a job and needs a good start as his reputation is quite tarnished now. Good start and promotion then all will be forgotten, bad start and he will be a gonner before Christmas

Neil will definitely be here McNally has said so, only immediate promotion will satisfy City next season a tall order. Neil has made mistakes and doesn''t really looked to have learnt from them. As for replacements we need someone who can coach and is tactically aware and is open to try different things if it isn''t working a Paul Lambert 5 years ago may not find another. Neil is not another Lambert.

The club will stick by Alex Neil. He did well last time around in the Championship and the club will be praying for more of the same.Hopefully we won''t lose too many of our better players in the summer.  But there is the potential for a much larger turnaround of players than last time we went down, when Snodgrass and Fer were the only notable departures.  The likes of Howson and Olsson, who are decent Championship performers, may well depart along with Redmond, Brady and Klose.Certainly we need to start getting things right on the recruitment side this summer if we are to be competitive.Incidentally, we''ve actually taken 11 points in the second half of the season. Not that that''s much better.

With the general disorganisation and a ''football board'' which doesn''t seem to know its @r$£ from its elbow, it wouldn''t surprise me if Alex Neil walked out at some point between now and Christmas.

Nonsense. He''s getting paid and he''ll never get a better job than managing Norwich.

[quote user="ridgeman"]The problem is who is out there that is a yes man. After Lambert this board does not want anyone who will stand up to them.[/quote]

True. It is often forgotten how the board froze Lambert out by rewarding his over achievement by giving him a derisory budget. Lambert was ambitious and walked, yet everybody was kissing Delia''s backside.

Delia clapping the team off today smiling i would have had a face like thunder and going into the dressing room and seeing what the hell is going on !

if AN''s team had desire fight and bite then i would say fair enough just not good enough let him continue

but as they are not showing they really want it running through brick walls for the manager it time for a change

This is not all down to AN its about time the club looked for a rich buyer !!! and restructure our board who have to share a lot of blame for failings in some signing etc.

Take a leaf out of Burnley''s book. Sean Dyche has done a great job for them and they are back stronger. Time to plug the gaps, keep the best players for at least a season and go from there. A bit more energy up top and an experienced defender next to Klose and we''re well equipped to return.

Big fan of Howson, Tettey and Hoolahan, but if we persist with one up front we need a prolific midfielder or two, to weigh in with some goals - as well as a striker.

But Sean Dyche never chopped and changed like AN has.