Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

What has been the worst second half to a season by us

I can remember not getting many points after the festive period in 1994/5 when we went down but not sure how few. I think we have only taken 8 points since this festive period which must be one of the worst, could this rank as our worst second half obviously dependent on what we do/not get from the last 2 games

Roeder did have a good first part season, indeed saved us. It was the next one that was a horror show but i think even then we got a lot more points than 8 in the second half of the season

Actually, it''s 11 points in the second half of the season, so far.  Still fairly calamitous.  The moment Gary O''Neil got sent off at Stoke we lost all momentum and never got it back.

sorry PP u have it wrong. The home win vs. Southampton was the last of the first half of season,  at which time we had 23 points from 19 games, with 19 left to play. We have  gotten 8 points in 2nd half of season so far.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Actually, it''s 11 points in the second half of the season, so far.  Still fairly calamitous.  The moment Gary O''Neil got sent off at Stoke we lost all momentum and never got it back.[/quote]Someone rather presciently suggested this at the time - i.e. will we look back at this as the moment that changed the season.

[quote user="Essjayess"]sorry PP u have it wrong. The home win vs. Southampton was the last of the first half of season,  at which time we had 23 points from 19 games, with 19 left to play. We have  gotten 8 points in 2nd half of season so far.[/quote]Nope. You are wrong. This is the match report from our 19th game, against Villa:   http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35148194As you can see, after 19 games we had 20 points and were placed 15th. We had already played Southampton once by then, where we lost 3-0 after Whittaker was sent off.

The season after our Europe season we got relegated after we were about 6th halfway through the season. Didn''t win any games 2nd half of the season. Was Chase''s fault. Sold Phillips, Ekoku & Robins for no reason. Recruited 2nd grade throw outs from lesser clubs - talentless. You could see it coming. Just like AN recruiting throw outs and playing them in front of Hoolahan & Redmond this season. Not the only reason we''re going down though, with defensive blunders every week, refereeing decisions, injuries & send off stupidity. We have quite a decent midfield, it''s the only thing we had going for us but AN took that advantage away.

I think we won only Ipswich 3-0 in second part as we was 6th around Christmas and relegated with Andy Marshal on goal but not sure think 1994-95 was this season.