Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

We can do this...

Two home wins this week and it will all look soooo different. If we win by a few goals and Chelsea stuff Sunderland that will sort the goal difference too. Bring it on[Y]

It must be torture for people who go to games, tripping over their bottom lip, completely sure we aren''t going to get anything.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Two home wins this week and it will all look soooo different. If we win by a few goals and Chelsea stuff Sunderland that will sort the goal difference too. Bring it on[Y][/quote]
Oh, I see.
The Apologists are trying to divide the fanbase again by suggesting we can still stay up.
Lordy Lordy Me.

I''m not tripping over my lip Morty, I just think that Man U are going to be a bit better than some some people think.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I''m not tripping over my lip Morty, I just think that Man U are going to be a bit better than some some people think.[/quote]It was a general comment mate, it wasn''t directed at you, or I would have quoted you.

One man''s dividing the fanbase is another man''s poisoning the forum. I''m sure Rob Butler had all this in mind...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]One man''s dividing the fanbase is another man''s poisoning the forum. I''m sure Rob Butler had all this in mind...[/quote]Maybe he is among us, posting....[:O]

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Ok Mort, no worries ( I do think we''re going to get beat though 😀)[/quote]We beat them away, and had a cracking performance last week away at Arsenal, which if it wasn''t fora few good saves from Cech, could have turned out a lot differently.Everything to be positive about[Y]

Russell martin has been wheeled out this week

" Russell Martin believes Saturday is a chance Norwich City can finally take "

well i will put it like this R Martin concentrate on martial and Rashford and we Just might !

norfolkngood wrote;

well i will put it like this R Martin concentrate on martial and Rashford and we Just might !

I''m sure Rob Butler will feed that back to him, so should be fine.

Do some people really think Man Utd will come here and let us tickle their tummies with a Champions league spot still up for grabs ? Yes of course we can beat them but beating them at Old Trafford was an exceptional performance which i hope will be repeated. Sadly history when we are in our current predicament says otherwise.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Do some people really think Man Utd will come here and let us tickle their tummies with a Champions league spot still up for grabs ? Yes of course we can beat them but beating them at Old Trafford was an exceptional performance which i hope will be repeated. Sadly history when we are in our current predicament says otherwise.[/quote]Who has said it will be easy, or they will let us tickle their tummies?

Too right.

Cometh the hour, cometh the men, right?

Tilly, don''t think anyone believes it is an easy task, however a lot of confidence can be taken with our performances this season so far versus top teams like Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Utd at OT, so easier to believe than just be negative before saturday comes ? IMO anyway.

We have competed well against the "top" sides (Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Leicester, West Ham, Liverpool) this season & all the games, except for the two against Spurs, have been close.Chelsea 0-1 & 1-2Man C 1-2 & 0-0Arsenal 0-0 & 0-1Leicester 1-2 & 0-1West Ham 2-2 & 2-2Liverpool 1-1 & 4-5Man U 2-1 & ? With a bit more luck we could have easily had another 5 or 6 points from those games so, compared to how we''ve played against the bottom teams, I''m more confident of a result on Saturday than I would be if we were playing a weaker team.I still think that we can do this.

I make that 8 points out of a possible 39. It''s points that keep you up not plaudits for good performances.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I make that 8 points out of a possible 39. It''s points that keep you up not plaudits for good performances.[/quote]Thats genius, get in touch with the club immediately and let them know this[Y]

I''m shocked, I thought we got bonus points for pretty football in a losing situation...and that would ultimately save us.

Apples

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I make that 8 points out of a possible 39. It''s points that keep you up not plaudits for good performances.[/quote]Thats genius, get in touch with the club immediately and let them know this[Y][/quote]My response was to the post by MP where he says we play better against the '' top '' teams. Sorry to see it as usual received the Morty seal of disapproval.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I make that 8 points out of a possible 39. It''s points that keep you up not plaudits for good performances.[/quote]Even if we had got 39pts out of 39 you would still find a negative in there somewhere

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I make that 8 points out of a possible 39. It''s points that keep you up not plaudits for good performances.[/quote]Thats genius, get in touch with the club immediately and let them know this[Y][/quote]My response was to the post by MP where he says we play better against the '' top '' teams. Sorry to see it as usual received the Morty seal of disapproval. [/quote]Well if it was specifically just for him, maybe you should have quoted him then?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I make that 8 points out of a possible 39. It''s points that keep you up not plaudits for good performances.[/quote]Thats genius, get in touch with the club immediately and let them know this[Y][/quote]My response was to the post by MP where he says we play better against the '' top '' teams. Sorry to see it as usual received the Morty seal of disapproval. [/quote]
But your almost sarcastic "It''s points not plaudits" comment wasn''t really necessary, as MP didn''t say "We''re going to win because we win against the top teams".
Was simply suggesting we stand a chance as matches are usually close and our performance levels good.

We can do this, true.

So can Sunderland.

So can Newcastle.

The Toon with the extra two points have the edge, but it is not entirely in their own hands. Both us and Sunderland have the available points to overtake them.

We virtually need a faultless run-in.

I feel Sunderland have the edge over the three. We are very slightly the worse off.

My survival estimates based on current position and games ahead and hours of careful calculation are:-

Sunderland: 36%

Toon: 34%

NCFC: 30%

Nearly too close to call.

We can do it. Bring on the Reds.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I make that 8 points out of a possible 39. It''s points that keep you up not plaudits for good performances.[/quote]Thats genius, get in touch with the club immediately and let them know this[Y][/quote]My response was to the post by MP where he says we play better against the '' top '' teams. Sorry to see it as usual received the Morty seal of disapproval. [/quote]Well if it was specifically just for him, maybe you should have quoted him then?[/quote]Well it certainly was not for you but you just cannot help putting your five penneth worth in Morty. The man who talks about debate and playing the ball not the man. Well from where i am sitting your comment was not adding to a debate where i posted facts and it certainly looked to be playing the man. Then again do as i say not as i do fits you well.