Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Fitness!!!!

I don''t think the management has made significant, game shattering mistakes this year and the financial situation is what it is. Unless one of you have got a few quid it won''t change. We can change delis for Heston Blumenthal but he''s got f£&@ all cash in the scheme of things as well.

For me, recruitment of players (not getting good enough players because we have less cash than our rivals combined with possible shortcomings in scouting etc) and FITNESS are the main factors in our inability to compete.

It''s not that our level of fitness has decreased, it''s probably about the same as last season and the season before, but it''s that everyone else''s level of athletic fitness has drastically increased. I think it''s something we need to look at immediately.

When we played teams this year, especially the top teams, I was struck at how much fast thanks they were and how they tired less easily.

We need the players, whatever league we are in, early doors next season and we need them on an intense regiment of physical fitness training. It''s such an important part of the game now.

They need to be lean and ready. It will get us the points we need!

Didn''t we have a poster pointing this out a few months ago? From Norway? Who you guys all ridiculed and essentially bullied until he got banned?

Not me

I stay away when we are winning and only come on here when we lose

I''m "one of those" posters

[quote user="king canary"]Didn''t we have a poster pointing this out a few months ago? From Norway? Who you guys all ridiculed and essentially bullied until he got banned?[/quote]

Ridiculed, yes, almost every stat from Opta he produced was contradicted by another stat from Opta but only his stats were the correct ones.

Bullied, no.

He got himself banned.

Agreed Buh.

I think fitness and the ability to press and make off the ball runs constantly for the whole 90 minutes for every single game has been a big part in Leicester and Tottenham''s success this season.