Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Redmond

I think he is let down buly sub par players around him. Yet again jerome squandered a fantastic assist by redmond. Same with beady, puts in a nearly league high amount of balls in the box but shamefully has lumbering oafs on the end of them. Jerome has been absolutely pants this season.

I''ll be sad to see redmond go, £10m+ seems fair as I''d put him about danny ings level who fetched £8.5m in compo and think redmond would get similar.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="firststeps"]he very rarely runs at people when he''s in a position too. [/quote]Classic case yesterday first half. He won the ball in our half and had 70 yards of clear space in front of him. Instead of going hell for leather to get down the wing he just dawdled along as though he had all day, stopped & the passed it back to where he had just come from. If Errol Crossan was looking down he would have been appalled.[/quote]Who was he supposed to pass to?Absolutely no one running through the middle, which is why it all slowed down.[/quote]Agree with MP on this. Even if no one was running through the middle he could have carried on, maybe cut in and had a shot. What he did by stopping achieved nothing. In contrast Olsson - who I thought was MOM - had a great run down the left hand side in the second half which came to nothing but he was warmly applauded for his effort.I wish I could have said the same for Redmond....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="firststeps"]he very rarely runs at people when he''s in a position too. [/quote]Classic case yesterday first half. He won the ball in our half and had 70 yards of clear space in front of him. Instead of going hell for leather to get down the wing he just dawdled along as though he had all day, stopped & the passed it back to where he had just come from. If Errol Crossan was looking down he would have been appalled.[/quote]Who was he supposed to pass to?Absolutely no one running through the middle, which is why it all slowed down.[/quote]Agree with MP on this. Even if no one was running through the middle he could have carried on, maybe cut in and had a shot. What he did by stopping achieved nothing. In contrast Olsson - who I thought was MOM - had a great run down the left hand side in the second half which came to nothing but he was warmly applauded for his effort.I wish I could have said the same for Redmond....[/quote]I think the main trouble is that people have just assumed because he played for England U21''s that he was destined to turn into a world class player.Daryl Sutch played for the England U21''s.He is what he is. Not what a lot of people think he should be in their heads.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]I think he is let down buly sub par players around him. Yet again jerome squandered a fantastic assist by redmond. Same with beady, puts in a nearly league high amount of balls in the box but shamefully has lumbering oafs on the end of them. Jerome has been absolutely pants this season.

I''ll be sad to see redmond go, £10m+ seems fair as I''d put him about danny ings level who fetched £8.5m in compo and think redmond would get similar.[/quote]Very valid point.

I think he is let down buly sub par players around him. Yet again jerome squandered a fantastic assist by redmond. Same with beady, puts in a nearly league high amount of balls in the box but shamefully has lumbering oafs on the end of them. Jerome has been absolutely pants this season.

I''ll be sad to see redmond go, £10m+ seems fair as I''d put him about danny ings level who fetched £8.5m in compo and think redmond would get similar

Yes but Danny Ings has 2 caps for England doesn''t he? And was really rated 2 years ago in the PL.

Redmond has never really done it certainly no consistency.

We will get 8M in this summer''s crazy Market though as the money has gone skywards.

If I were the Manager I would release Whittaker and Turner and sell Malumbu, Andreu, Dorrans, lafferty, RVW.

Transfers in is a tough one

How about Dunk, Dack, Judge, Pritchard and Wilson?

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="firststeps"]he very rarely runs at people when he''s in a position too. [/quote]Classic case yesterday first half. He won the ball in our half and had 70 yards of clear space in front of him. Instead of going hell for leather to get down the wing he just dawdled along as though he had all day, stopped & the passed it back to where he had just come from. If Errol Crossan was looking down he would have been appalled.[/quote]

Classic case yesterday he skinned his full back crossed it perfectly to Jerome who missed yet another ( for a premiership striker ) simple chance

[quote user="morty"]I think the main trouble is that people have just assumed because he played for England U21''s that he was destined to turn into a world class player.Daryl Sutch played for the England U21''s.He is what he is. Not what a lot of people think he should be in their heads.[/quote]I think one word sums him up and that''s infuriating.He''ll never be a world class player but he could be a hell of a lot more effective if he used his undoubted skill more often and was prepared to put in as much graft as some of his inferior team mates.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]I think the main trouble is that people have just assumed because he played for England U21''s that he was destined to turn into a world class player.Daryl Sutch played for the England U21''s.He is what he is. Not what a lot of people think he should be in their heads.[/quote]I think one word sums him up and that''s infuriating.He''ll never be a world class player but he could be a hell of a lot more effective if he used his undoubted skill more often and was prepared to put in as much graft as some of his inferior team mates.[/quote]I think there is something seriously wrong with Redmond. I don''t know if it''s psychological or physiological, but there is some kind of disconnect between body and brain. He appears scared of physical contact, doesn''t compete for aerial balls, goes in tentatively for 50/50s and appears unwilling to run at people.It could be a confidence thing - he''s scared of making mistakes so errs on the side of caution rather than taking people on - or it could be that he doesn''t have faith in the players around him. It could be that he is carrying some kind of injury or has a predisposition towards a certain injury that hampers his decision making. It could be that he is being dictated to by the manager to play the way he plays and not take people on. Or it could just be that he''s nothing but a pair of dancing feet without a brain to accompany them. I really don''t know what it is, but infuriating is certainly the word. A player with his talent should be playing with his chest puffed out, taking people on and bringing other people into the game with little one-touch pass-and-move interplay. I think we need to accept that for whatever reason he is not going to improve any further at NCFC, and whether or not he goes on to fulfil his undoubted potential we need to cash in on him rather than hoping that he will eventually become the player he keeps threatening to be.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]I think there is something seriously wrong with Redmond. I don''t know if it''s psychological or physiological, but there is some kind of disconnect between body and brain. He appears scared of physical contact, doesn''t compete for aerial balls, goes in tentatively for 50/50s and appears unwilling to run at people.[/quote]Just about every atrribute required to be a footballer then [:)][:D][;)]

There is nothing wrong with him at all, he has all the technical and physical attribute required to be a good standard PL player.

All he needs is to get a good sports psychologist to help him with his confidence and to be amongst a few players, sadly, better than our own.

He''s worth a lot more than £8 mil in the current market IMO, if we let him go for that I won''t be surprised but I will be very sad.😪

We can''t lose both Brady and Redmond so if it''s a choice between the two it has to be Redmond the one to go for me. If it''s to be Stoke then I hope we get Walters as part of the deal, exactly what we will need next year. We would still have Brady, Jarvis and Murphy to mix on the flanks, not to mention the marauding Pinto.

[quote user="Hughtonanny"]We can''t lose both Brady and Redmond so if it''s a choice between the two it has to be Redmond the one to go for me. If it''s to be Stoke then I hope we get Walters as part of the deal, exactly what we will need next year. We would still have Brady, Jarvis and Murphy to mix on the flanks, not to mention the marauding Pinto.[/quote]

I think they will both go. Brady is a much better player than Redmond and will be the greater loss, but his game isn''t much suited to the Champs. If we can bank £15m for the two I would be very happy.

I''d rather see Jacob and Josh Murphy anyway.

Pinto will be a POS contender next year. We have a centre back in Joe Crowe who should step up. Maddison and Godfrey in the middle. Add in Naismith, Howson, Jerome, Bennett, Klose and Toffolo. It ain''t a bad squad. Looking forward to it already......!

[quote user="GJP"]Brady is not a better player than Redmond.[/quote]That maybe or maybe not so. but the problem is that Brady consistently manages to look a better player.

Agree with FTW here.

For those that sit around me at games, know how boring I have been, with my repeated frustration with Redmond this season. He has ''something'' that others, in our Team, do not, yet does not have the confidence (?) to utilise it, to the best effect.

He has been in many many positive positions, but seems to have a ''block'' about taking it to the next stage. I have seen him ''hide'' at Villa. I have seen him blame other players, when moves break down, because he has lost the ball. There are more things, but I am sure you get the jist.

Infuriating? Sums him up perfectly

"Manages to look better" is the kind of logic that allowed Mark Fotheringham to be captain of this club: utterly flawed.

Both Brady and Redmond have been used poorly this season, in turn resulting in limited output. And the idea that the young, attacking Redmond is deciding himself to not push forward and make runs is ridiculous. It''s quite clearly been a tactical ploy by Neil since the Newcastle game.

[quote user="GJP"]I don''t think he does.[/quote]So we agree to differ but if there was a poll by all NCFC fans as to who was better, and who would they prefer to keep, my guess is that more than 75% would vote for Brady

I think we''ll keep Brady.

I''d also keep Remond unless we get a decent bid (over £7m). There''s no point in selling him for less because he''ll be key in getting us back up. It''s worth the risk of losing out on a few million.

If we do go down I can''t see Klose staying and perhaps Naismith as well. Having just signed though I expect we''d get around £4m for Naismith and £7-8m for Klose which would set our season up nicely as we could also get rid of the dead wood here such as VOO and Mulubu as well as Whitts going on a free.

The Murphy boys and Maddison I''m sure will be involved at some point but should be in and around the reserves as we shouldn''t be relying on them to get us up, especially when we have such a good championship team. The only position we need reinforcements in is the striking department. Hopefully we can get a proven championship striker in such as McCormack. Jobs a good''un

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think we''ll keep Brady.

I''d also keep Remond unless we get a decent bid (over £7m). There''s no point in selling him for less because he''ll be key in getting us back up. It''s worth the risk of losing out on a few million.

If we do go down I can''t see Klose staying and perhaps Naismith as well. Having just signed though I expect we''d get around £4m for Naismith and £7-8m for Klose which would set our season up nicely as we could also get rid of the dead wood here such as VOO and Mulubu as well as Whitts going on a free.

The Murphy boys and Maddison I''m sure will be involved at some point but should be in and around the reserves as we shouldn''t be relying on them to get us up, especially when we have such a good championship team. The only position we need reinforcements in is the striking department. Hopefully we can get a proven championship striker in such as McCormack. Jobs a good''un[/quote]OH! Another ''Assumptions ''R Us'' post.You definitely have a tendency to talk tripe, miggins, but I for one am glad you''ve decided to stay with us [Y] There''s something very endearing about your persona [:)]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Redmond should be first on the teamsheet with Brady not far behind. Neither will be here next season so the debate is largely irrelevant.[/quote]Okay, if this debate is irrelevant, let''s discuss how you know those couple of players won''t be here next season [:|]

The more players we can keep from our current bunch the better. Whilst we need to add some quality and shed some dead wood, a core of Ruddy, Klose and Bennett, Tettey and Howson, Hoolahan Brady Redmond and Jerome should be a good starting point

"In contrast Olsson - who I thought was MOM - had a great run down the left hand side in the second half which came to nothing but he was warmly applauded for his effort"

Its this sort of praise I struggle with; fans willingly accepting a pointless cross into the middle that was far too close to the keeper, when the striker was several yards behind and only on the edge of the box.

Crossing was simply giving up possession, the quality of the cross as useless as going straight behind. It slike celebrating Lee Croft as POTS all over again. Until we move on from mediocrity like this we will continue to bounce.

And as for Olssons effort its all great going forward but I see that from a level start Mata comfortably out paced and thought him for the winner. Yet no criticism there in the key part of his job.

Quality in delivery thinking and committment. If only everyone was had olssons effort; oh - they do...

I tend to agree that neither Redmond or Brady will be here next season, Brady in particular has a Damian Francis look about him on Saturday, and Redmond just doesn''t play that narrow defensive role that our one up front demands. What NR is being asked to do is create his own space, often with the ball rather than be given the ball to run onto.

For two matches now we have watched teams hold a high line, knowing we have no pace to get in behind and turn the defender. Sunderland and Man Utd back four played the way they are facing throughout. Easy. Stick the ball through, turn your defenders and use some pace to get on to it and things might be different, we have , after all just seen a team win the premier league doing just that. So our most explosive player is played in an "expand when we get the ball" role, and sits narrow when we haven''t.

Our plan B was to bring another player without any pace and play Jerome of him?

[quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Redmond should be first on the teamsheet with Brady not far behind. Neither will be here next season so the debate is largely irrelevant.[/quote]Okay, if this debate is irrelevant, let''s discuss how you know those couple of players won''t be here next season [:|][/quote]
Highland has said this about Redmond for about 4 transfer windows. Thankfully for him, players don''t stay at clubs for long periods typically anymore, so I''m sure he''ll eventually be right!