Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Redmond

According to The Mirror via bbcsport, Stoke are lining up a bid for Redmond. With a year on his contract he will certainly be off, if not to Stoke, then somewhere else.

Will be sad to see him go, not had the best of seasons but then no one has. Still joint top goal scorer and AN, shouldn''t of kept dropping him. Hope he goes on to prove himself in the Premier.

He''ll be in demand- young, English, lots of potential. Think he would thrive at a team that looks to play quickly on the counter.

Yeh can''t see him staying

Probably the best thing for his career, sometimes players need a change of club to develop their potential, he will go on to improve and be a good quality PL player IMO. Sadly not with us.

No doubting his potential. The only thing I will say for him to develop at another club he''s going to need to play regular football so he''s going to need to perform more often for an established club to hold down a place. Be sad to see him go if he likely does but it will open a opportunity for the Murphy''s.

He will be gone as will anyone with any sense if AN stays around !

No doubt we will keep others who should have gone long ago.

He leave relatively cheap now as only one year left. I''d say 3 mil 4 tops. End up on the bench for someone like Stoke or palace. Filling the English quota.

He''s got the potential but not the brains it seems. I thought he was good yesterday, but still so many flaws. Cutting back at the wrong time, poor delivery, reactive to the fans. He''s not very tough and shirks headers and tackles. He''s basically got no boll0cks

We''ll get more than that- Robbie Brady only had one year left on his deal before we signed him I think and Hull still got £7m out of it. I reckon we will get similar.

He will be gone without a doubt. We just need to get decent money for him. £10 million plus IMO.

we have some bargaining power in this though don''t we? As even though he''s in the last year of his contract he''s Under 24 so if we kept him another year we''d still get some sort of fee?

My own favourite City player and I''m slightly aggrieved at the way he has been in and out of the side this season.

But ''in out, in out shake it all about'' has been the in thing and to our detriment.

NR''s contribution to our last promotion was massive and we should do all we can to keep him.

If there is a lot of interest then he should be our biggest sale ever @ around £10m, IMO.

Completely agree with firststeps, be glad to see the back of him, vastly overrated

Andre Grey cost 12million. Sterling 50 odd mill, who is not 45 mill better than Redmond. Would be upset if he went for less than 12mill.

[quote user="ec-p"]Andre Grey cost 12million. Sterling 50 odd mill, who is not 45 mill better than Redmond. Would be upset if he went for less than 12mill.[/quote]Best you start getting upset then ec-p.  Promises much, delivers little.  Gary has scored in excess of 20 goals this season admittedly in the Chumps, Sterling is an England International and I don''t see anyone pushing Redmond''s name for the Euros.  His form isn''t a £12m player by a long way, he''s in and out of games, disappears for long spells and as firststeps said, overrated.[:)]

[quote user="OldRobert"]His form isn''t a £12m player by a long way, he''s in and out of games, disappears for long spells and as firststeps said, overrated.[:)][/quote]Put it another wayIf he was at another Club & was available for £12m would you be happy for us to buy him at that price?I wouldn''t.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="OldRobert"]His form isn''t a £12m player by a long way, he''s in and out of games, disappears for long spells and as firststeps said, overrated.[:)][/quote]Put it another wayIf he was at another Club & was available for £12m would you be happy for us to buy him at that price?I wouldn''t.[/quote][Y]I really don''t understand some peoples expectations of Redmond. He is what he is, not what you hoped he would be.

[quote user="morty"]I really don''t understand some peoples expectations of Redmond. He is what he is, not what you hoped he would be.[/quote]Too many people, including Redmond himself, listening to pundits & so called experts & believing what they hear rather than admitting what they see with their own eyes.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="OldRobert"]His form isn''t a £12m player by a long way, he''s in and out of games, disappears for long spells and as firststeps said, overrated.[:)][/quote]Put it another wayIf he was at another Club & was available for £12m would you be happy for us to buy him at that price?I wouldn''t.[/quote][Y]I really don''t understand some peoples expectations of Redmond. He is what he is, not what you hoped he would be.[/quote]Or put it another way, he is what he isn''t![;)]

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]I really don''t understand some peoples expectations of Redmond. He is what he is, not what you hoped he would be.[/quote]Too many people, including Redmond himself, listening to pundits & so called experts & believing what they hear rather than admitting what they see with their own eyes.[/quote]Which just reinforces that a lot of fans don''t really know a lot about football. Or as much as they think they do.

The thing is, he''s a winger, but doesn''t actually behave like one, he doesn''t make space for himself, he very rarely runs at people when he''s in a position too. I believe this is because he knows his final product is lacking, his crossing of the ball is very very poor.

[quote user="firststeps"]he very rarely runs at people when he''s in a position too. [/quote]Classic case yesterday first half. He won the ball in our half and had 70 yards of clear space in front of him. Instead of going hell for leather to get down the wing he just dawdled along as though he had all day, stopped & the passed it back to where he had just come from. If Errol Crossan was looking down he would have been appalled.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="firststeps"]he very rarely runs at people when he''s in a position too. [/quote]Classic case yesterday first half. He won the ball in our half and had 70 yards of clear space in front of him. Instead of going hell for leather to get down the wing he just dawdled along as though he had all day, stopped & the passed it back to where he had just come from. If Errol Crossan was looking down he would have been appalled.[/quote]Who was he supposed to pass to?Absolutely no one running through the middle, which is why it all slowed down.

How do we solve the problem of Nathan? If he leaves, i doubt it will be to one of the ''big Clubs'' , christ, Newcastle bought Andros Townsend and Redders , imho is way behind him.

Stoke or Soton may be the upper limit of his abilty, but can you see him keeping Shaquiri or Mane out of the first team?

I would like to know if we ever had any serious enquiries about him , and who from, and at what price. my gut feeling is that he has underwhelmed this season, and our level may just , also be his level.

Everton may suit him, if Martinez is still there, as defending is not an obligation in his team, it seems.

He''s been much better than Brady of late IMO, who seems to be escaping any criticism despite being absent for 5 games. 2 good runs from deep aside he was non-existent yesterday.