Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

How Can McNally Stay?

Now after openly resigning? He is making a mockery of this club with two games and the seasons business not even concluded.

Apart from decision to bring in Paul Lambert who ultimately bought the success to this club it appears to have been one bad decision after another.

Manager appointments, alienating Paul Lambert in the first place and haemorrhaging money on poor signings. Klose and Brady aside everyone has been poor from past two seasons.

If we go down with our scouting network will we come back up? Can''t see where goals will come from if Redmond goes and only left with Jerome up top

"Paul Lambert who ultimately bought the success to this club" - funny, I seem to remember three seasons in the PL where Lambert wasn''t in charge."alienating Paul Lambert in the first place" - it was McNally who "alienated" Lambert was it? It must have been hard keeping this inside information to yourself for so long. Do tell us what you know, as opposed to have fantasised.

Haemorrhaging money on poor signings? From what I''ve been reading, the accusation of McNally is that he hasn''t spent anywhere near enough money.

Also, was listening to the radio on the way home after the game (that itself was a mistake), and people were complaining that we didn''t buy proven PL players, then some were moaning that we didn''t buy enough lower league, hungry players.

Truth is, the majority of the fans haven''t actually got that much of a clue, and don''t actually know what they want. In reality, we don''t need to and it''s not really the time for all these knee jerk reactions/comments/abuse on social media. We know the shortcomings from last summer etc with not recruiting the correct CBs, but let''s just let the dust settle, look at the bigger picture, stick together and remind ourselves that we will always be a bigger and better club than the scum.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]What''s he doing on "Twitter" in the first place?

Lacks class.[/quote]Let me guess - you don''t use Twitter? I''m not clear what you would prefer - that he only issues club communications hand-written with a quill pen on parchment, or that he uses something a little more hipster like Instagram?My take on what he''s doing is that he''s communicating with the fans. Which, a bit like the "we should buy proven PL/young and hungry players" paradox that NKNS pointed out, he is ironically also accused of not doing enough of. Granted last night''s kerfuffle is a bit of an embarrassment and hopefully the club will learn from it, but I think it will all be a very small footnote in history before long, only reappearing when the miserablists are looking for a different stick to beat McNally with.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]What''s he doing on "Twitter" in the first place?

Lacks class.[/quote]Let me guess - you don''t use Twitter? I''m not clear what you would prefer - that he only issues club communications hand-written with a quill pen on parchment, or that he uses something a little more hipster like Instagram?My take on what he''s doing is that he''s communicating with the fans. Which, a bit like the "we should buy proven PL/young and hungry players" paradox that NKNS pointed out, he is ironically also accused of not doing enough of. Granted last night''s kerfuffle is a bit of an embarrassment and hopefully the club will learn from it, but I think it will all be a very small footnote in history before long, only reappearing when the miserablists are looking for a different stick to beat McNally with.[/quote][Y][Y][Y]

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]What''s he doing on "Twitter" in the first place?

Lacks class.[/quote]Let me guess - you don''t use Twitter? I''m not clear what you would prefer - that he only issues club communications hand-written with a quill pen on parchment, or that he uses something a little more hipster like Instagram?My take on what he''s doing is that he''s communicating with the fans. Which, a bit like the "we should buy proven PL/young and hungry players" paradox that NKNS pointed out, he is ironically also accused of not doing enough of. Granted last night''s kerfuffle is a bit of an embarrassment and hopefully the club will learn from it, but I think it will all be a very small footnote in history before long, only reappearing when the miserablists are looking for a different stick to beat McNally with.[/quote]

Lol.

At the risk of getting shot at, which I''m quite prepared for, where would the club be if McNally hadn''t joined when he did, and helped to pull us round financially so we didn''t sink into oblivion?

[quote user="OldRobert"]At the risk of getting shot at, which I''m quite prepared for, where would the club be if McNally hadn''t joined when he did, and helped to pull us round financially so we didn''t sink into oblivion?[/quote][Y]

No one disputes what he did when he first joined the club

This season has been a disaster and he needs to be held accountable. He gets the big bucks and got it wrong spectacularly

He must go now and be replaced by Keith Wyness

[quote user="Ginja"]I''m personally delighted to hear he''s staying[/quote]Ditto.

[quote user="OldRobert"]At the risk of getting shot at, which I''m quite prepared for, where would the club be if McNally hadn''t joined when he did, and helped to pull us round financially so we didn''t sink into oblivion?[/quote]

Who knows. Bowkett would probably still have come in and sorted out the situation with the banks. The reality is that it was the promotions to the premier league that ultimately sorted out our finances. How much of that was down to great leadership and how much was down to Lambert and the club just being a great fit at the right time is open to debate.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="OldRobert"]At the risk of getting shot at, which I''m quite prepared for, where would the club be if McNally hadn''t joined when he did, and helped to pull us round financially so we didn''t sink into oblivion?[/quote]

Who knows. Bowkett would probably still have come in and sorted out the situation with the banks. The reality is that it was the promotions to the premier league that ultimately sorted out our finances. How much of that was down to great leadership and how much was down to Lambert and the club just being a great fit at the right time is open to debate.[/quote]Team game fella.McNally has been part of a lot of success, however much you might want to write him out of it.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="OldRobert"]At the risk of getting shot at, which I''m quite prepared for, where would the club be if McNally hadn''t joined when he did, and helped to pull us round financially so we didn''t sink into oblivion?[/quote]

Who knows. Bowkett would probably still have come in and sorted out the situation with the banks. The reality is that it was the promotions to the premier league that ultimately sorted out our finances. How much of that was down to great leadership and how much was down to Lambert and the club just being a great fit at the right time is open to debate.[/quote]Ultimately yes, but the worst crisis was when we we relegated to L1, and it did take a little while to get to the PL, so I think McNally can take some credit for keeping our heads above water during the time it took to get there.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="OldRobert"]At the risk of getting shot at, which I''m quite prepared for, where would the club be if McNally hadn''t joined when he did, and helped to pull us round financially so we didn''t sink into oblivion?[/quote]

Who knows. Bowkett would probably still have come in and sorted out the situation with the banks. The reality is that it was the promotions to the premier league that ultimately sorted out our finances. How much of that was down to great leadership and how much was down to Lambert and the club just being a great fit at the right time is open to debate.[/quote]Team game fella.McNally has been part of a lot of success, however much you might want to write him out of it.[/quote]

@Morty 👍

McNally resigning then not is just plain... Weird.

He''s obviously stressed, but that''s not how you deal with it

The guys who go on Twitter the minute we lose or anything remotely bad happens to the club to berate McNally. Goddam, what a bunch of idiots these guys are.

Twitter "fishermen" "lol got a bite #bantZ #lolzordz"

What a waste of organic cells and oxygen.

Personally very pleased his resignation has been ''withdrawn''. Perhaps we will get a full statement from NCFC today and it will provide some more openness about the board''s thinking .......we need DM now we look like we are heading to the Championship. .....though Wednesday night all will be known on that score I''m sure.

We don''t know what really has been going on. It really is time for the club to set the record straight now. I expect we will have a website statement around lunchtime.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="OldRobert"]At the risk of getting shot at, which I''m quite prepared for, where would the club be if McNally hadn''t joined when he did, and helped to pull us round financially so we didn''t sink into oblivion?[/quote]

Who knows. Bowkett would probably still have come in and sorted out the situation with the banks. The reality is that it was the promotions to the premier league that ultimately sorted out our finances. How much of that was down to great leadership and how much was down to Lambert and the club just being a great fit at the right time is open to debate.[/quote]Team game fella.McNally has been part of a lot of success, however much you might want to write him out of it.[/quote]

I didn''t say otherwise. He was what we needed at the time (I.e someone who knows the football industry with a more ruthless edge) and I would still acknowledge that under him we are not a soft touch and are unlikely to have our pants pulled down by some of the more opportunist/unscrupulous elements in the game.

However he gets paid an obscene amount of money and during the last two seasons we have spent in the premier league he has not justified it. Indeed the football infrastructure has been all over the place since the creation of the much hailed "football board." It''s been the failure of that set up that ultimately led to the shambles of this summer. His watch, his system so he has to be accountable for it. I also wonder if part of our recruitment issue is also due to the clubs reputation in the game not being what it was due to our more recent "hard edge."

Seriously, don''t make it about how much he gets paid.Utterly lame argument.

[quote user="morty"]Seriously, don''t make it about how much he gets paid.Utterly lame argument.[/quote]

No it''s not. If you pay for "the best" then you have a right to expect better than we have been served up.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"]Seriously, don''t make it about how much he gets paid.Utterly lame argument.[/quote]

No it''s not. If you pay for "the best" then you have a right to expect better than we have been served up.[/quote]Yes it is, its the same argument about overpaid bankers.People get paid the rate employers are willing to pay. Don''t make it sound like he named his price, because I doubt very much he did.

Personally I''m very happy this appears to be an off the cuff comment to an idiot on social media and nothing more.

Some fans on here are so incredibly fickle and lacking of memory of recent history, you''d feel they would destroy this club out of some bizzare personal vendetta, often stemming from what I saw largely as a jealousy towards McNallys bonus.

What and who would take over? We all quite sure the grass is greener than a man who dragged us out of debt and assisted in back to back promotions, 3 seasons in the Premire league and then an bounce back at the first time of asking? To me that screams he his the right man for the job.... Or do we want to see the return of a Doncaster figure? Go on through out some names and achievements of others ready to fill this void!

Is McNally to blame for our relegation? No, there are 5 or 6 factors that all add up to that, and you can argue we are going into the second from last game with still a chance....

Has McNally made mistakes? Yes! But then so has Neil, the players and the Refs.

The thing is that it might seem a bit unprofessional to first resign, and then take it back like he obviously did. Especially when we''re not actually relegated yet, it kind of looks like he (like the most of us) have given up.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"]Seriously, don''t make it about how much he gets paid.Utterly lame argument.[/quote]

No it''s not. If you pay for "the best" then you have a right to expect better than we have been served up.[/quote]Yes it is, its the same argument about overpaid bankers.People get paid the rate employers are willing to pay. Don''t make it sound like he named his price, because I doubt very much he did.[/quote]

I think he probably pretty much has been able to because his initial success left him in a very strong position and with the complete faith of Delia and MWJ. But that''s not really my point, the fact he gets paid so much just makes the underperformance more irritating.

[quote user="Calle"]The thing is that it might seem a bit unprofessional to first resign, and then take it back like he obviously did. Especially when we''re not actually relegated yet, it kind of looks like he (like the most of us) have given up.[/quote]What do you want of him? To tell you everything is okay, and it''ll all be alright?If he said nothing he would be accused of being aloof and not caring.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Calle"]The thing is that it might seem a bit unprofessional to first resign, and then take it back like he obviously did. Especially when we''re not actually relegated yet, it kind of looks like he (like the most of us) have given up.[/quote]What do you want of him? To tell you everything is okay, and it''ll all be alright?If he said nothing he would be accused of being aloof and not caring.[/quote]^^This

[quote user="Jim Smith"]...... I think he probably pretty much has been able to because his initial success left him in a very strong position and with the complete faith of Delia and MWJ. But that''s not really my point, the fact he gets paid so much just makes the underperformance more irritating.[/quote]Why is it "underperformance"? In terms of wealth of our owners, investment in the squad, size of ground and so on it feels to me that we are outperforming both our peers over his time at the club and our historical average (whatever that means). One relegation does not alter that. Yes, we''re not Leicester, but neither are we Forest, Leeds, Charlton, Portsmouth or even Ip5w1ch. Thankfully.

I think a lot of the carping on here is because the reality of our probable relegation is beginning to set in. Its been obvious from a long way out to be honest but its human nature to clutch at straws while the slimmest of possibilities remain. Its also human nature to cast about for scapegoats and they can always be found in plenty.We were the final confirmed promotion club and that put us on the back foot from the start. and for one reason or another we were unable to sort all of our weaknesses before the first ball of the season was kicked. Only the insiders know the reality of what happened in transfer negotiations so it is pointless and unfair to pick out scapegoats based on pure speculation.Looking at it historically, it shouldn''t come as a surprise to anybody that we find it difficult to compete at the highest level. However there are plenty of clubs of our size, some with even more illustrious histories who would kill to have had our kind of run over the last five years.We are Norwich City, ups and downs is what we do. You don''t have to look far to see how much worse it could be.