Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

I am not CEO, but if I was:

I would:-

1. Scrap my Twitter account and never go near it again.

2. Refuse any bonus, or whatever, on the grounds of basic decency.

3. Do everything possible to keep each and every player on the books, with the exception of Lafferty and Andreu, for next season.

Yes I include both Mbokani and Bamford even though this seems unlikely and impossible.

Yes I include Bassong and Whittaker, scapegoats that they are.

Both Naismith and Mulumbu will become the players we anticipated,

We are a squad who have not quite made it due to managerial inadequacies, our fair share of being on the wrong end of refereeing decisions and a generally unfair wind.

The Chumps is there for the taking if we remain intact. We are a side who went to the Emirates and lost narrowly and slightly unluckily. I have watched a lot of televised Championship football this season and it is decent because the influx of foreigners into the PL has meant a host of good home grown players now ply their trade there but I have not seen one side who could perform against the Gunners as we did.

Premier League is now in our DNA. Chumps is in that of ITFC.

Keep intact as far as is possible.

Disagreement welcomed. Insults will be rebuffed accordingly.

Morty refused entry.

Positivity? Your a long way from home stranger....

Jokes aside, I compare our situation to that of last time we went down and feel in a way more confident;

We have manged to keep a degree of unity, there has been no poisonous atmosphere of Hughtons last days or a second half of season long campaign such as a villa. That is of huge importance when it comes to recruiting and keeping our best players, we look like a club that could come back up... If you were a young up and coming player and you got offered a move to Aston Villa or Norwich and the money was the same which do you think you would take?

In terms of the transfer window a massive lesson has been learnt, we saw the start of that in terms of the amount of bruins we did in January (the success of the signings aside). I fully expect to see us competing with Newcastle to sign the top up and coming players from both e championship and league 1 to add to the squad.

And finally, I know Neil has started to split opinions on here, but my word he had a good Championship record! Look at that record on away defeats, we lost 2 was it after he came in? Our form would have seen us go up as champions and I''m excited at the thought of what we could do, especially if we keep Ruddy, Klose, Brady, Howson, Oneil and then add to them.

Keep Redmond, Klose, Brady at all costs.

Naismith must come good. He was more than useful for the toffees.

Mbokani would slaughter the Chumps defences.

Etc. etc. etc.

Keep what have and we WILL yo-yo again .... IMO.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]1.Keep Redmond, Klose, Brady at all costs.

2.Naismith must come good. He was more than useful for the toffees.

3.Mbokani would slaughter the Chumps defences. [/quote]1. We won''t2. He probably won''t be here & if he is, he might not/probably won''t come good3. Difficult to slaughter Champs defences when your temporary loan to Norwich has finished and you''re earning your thousands of £''s a week somewhere else.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Constructive you ''aint.

Anything positive to say?[/quote]Yes. I have read your original post, in both threads, and I have gone though it point by point several times and I think you''re honest but totally unrealistic.1. Trying to keep players is one thing but achieving that is another. It''s unlikely that Klose, Redmond & Brady will stay. Neith Mbokani or Bamford will not be bought so they''ll go too. I''d be suprised if Naismith''s heart is in it here. Bassong is past it, he is too old to play 46 games a year & he remains, even in the Championship, a liability.I haven''t seen anything that suggest Mulumbu will ever be the player you anticipated - I was always sceptical.2. The Champs is not there for the taking. More Clubs fail to bounce back than succeed & it certainly won''t be easy. We have too many players who are too old for 46 games a year.

"I have read your original post, in both threads, and I have gone though it point by point several times and I think you''re honest but totally unrealistic."

I never said that my hopes were "realistic" as you put it, but rather aspirational.

We need to remain positive.

There is so much going for our current team and set-up that next season could be massive for us.

Try to keep as intact as is possible.

That''s all.

We will have the money to keep these players.

I want us to enter the next season in the Chumps lock stock and barrel, losing NOT ONE of our present squad.

Of course this is unrealistic and probably unlikely, but if I were the CEO that is what I would aim for as the best possible chance of us going back up.

Then let the spending begin.

You know I actually fancy both Klose and Brady to give us untill January, we have no need to sell and both are at the start of their contracts, it''s completely up to the club to sell it to them and then out a hands off £10 million plus on them, with which we could buy decent replacements. The same with Naismith, who more settled after a summer here, can show why he has played for a top 6 side for the last few years.

As for Redmond, I think we will take the opportunity to cash it if we get offered anything above £9 million, that money and the good seasons had out on loan by the Murphys mean that it is by no means a complete disaster. I actually half wonder if Redmond would have it in him mentally to drop down again and still produce his best? Would love him to stay and prove me wrong though.,,

''I never said that my hopes were "realistic" as you put it, but rather aspirational. ''

Well in that case I hope we sign Messi, Aguero and Sanchez and win back to back titles and Guardiola joins if City don''t get in the champions league and we go on to do great things with him at the helm.