Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Jumped or pushed?

So did DM resign or was he thrown under the bus?

Either way it provides the the board with a saceogoat for the dire summer window - which buys them time and a dodged bullet...

...but I fear the loss will prove profound. The two main driving forces are now gone (bowkett being the other) and all we have is the celebrity/politician family club. Which doesn''t fill me with optimism.

We need somebody planning for the champ now not after the summer...

Sounds like it was his choice initially, but then he said he was totally committed to Delia, Michael, and the club - who knows?

I would imagine having been in this position before he probably feels that he has taken the club as far as he can, and we''re now in a backwards turn.

I doubt the club would have pushed the man, but the board did unanimously agree to let him go. Ho hum.

I reckon he''d have resigned the day after the Everton game anyway. Tweets probably just brought things forward a little bit perhaps.

Unfortunately AJ I think you are right.

Not many would disagree that McNally is a hard nosed business person and on that basis he would only jump if he felt this was the right thing to do as far as his career is concerned.

It could be that his assessment is that we are heading for a period of significant rebuilding both on and off the pitch and really this is the time for him to go.

[quote user="AJ"]I would imagine having been in this position before he probably feels that he has taken the club as far as he can, and we''re now in a backwards turn.

I doubt the club would have pushed the man, but the board did unanimously agree to let him go. Ho hum.[/quote]

And that''s now my concern, the board were unanimous, really why is the question? Surely some of them are more to blame for our failure this year!

I''m sure in the aftermath of Saturday''s unfortunate defeat that questions and debate ensued within the current collective Directorship. Maybe a post-match debrief coupled with around 17.00 that evening? Then results from our relegation rivals became known. This was possibly the catalyst for the onset of doubt and disappointment......Then, as the torrid evening wore on, twitter and social media fuelled by flagons of diet Pepsi with ice and lemon became the ''truth drug''..... and alas......the rest is now.......History......Question....Jumped? Pushed?......We may never know.......Or maybe a sacrificial lamb to appease the disgruntled support - and divert criticism and attention from the owners?........Whatever.....

The word unanimous I think is key.

He clearly was going to get the chop he just jumped first.

Now onto Keith Wyness as the natural replacement

Sausage, that''s a big conclusion to jump to.

I doubt the reason the vote was unanimous has anything to do with the fact he was going to get sacked. I highly doubt the club would view that as an option, McNally has made Norwich what it is now, and that''s a long way away from where we were when he took over. I''m sure the board would have loved to have kept him on board. If he went in there and honestly told them he feels he''s done everything he can to move the club forward and feels the club needs a new person to lead the charge, with the services he has provided to NCFC I cannot see how in any circumstances it would be anything but unanimous to accept his wishes. The club owes him an awful lot. Let''s not remember how we all felt when the club dropped to League One before he joined us. It''s easy to forget.

Jumped or pushed?

I would suggest dived, headlong.