Sign in to follow this  
Berks canary

Relegation is now the nightmare scenario

Sorry all you pro Worthington fans but if we don''t change the management now we will be facing relegation as real probability . Do you think come the January window that Ashton , Safri and Davenport will want to stay ?? Even HUckerby ?  No , and without them our plight will be too scary to contemplate . Let''s look at Worthy''s record . He has won just 11 league games in the last 53 . Compare that to little Wigan who have won 6 in the last 9 in the Premiership . In any other walk of life anyone with Worthy''s record would now be " moved on " . No we need to cast sentiment aside and accept that Worthy is now past his sell by date and move on quickly before it is too late . Delia , put us out of our misery for the sake of the club which we all love ! Yes it may cost a lot of money to pay off his contract but it will cost even more if we get relegated !

Does anyone genuinely think we might get relegated? I mean Honestly deep down think it could happen?..

Im sorry for the use of capitals, BUT ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

[quote]Does anyone genuinely think we might get relegated? I mean Honestly deep down think it could happen?.. Im sorry for the use of capitals, BUT ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN![/quote]

That was the same attitude adopted by Forest fans, Trent.

Of course we can be relegated, and frankly conceeding 7 in two matches is relegation form.

I assume Trent that by your name you must have associations with the Nottingham area?

If so then you should know better than to blindly assume that ''it (relegation) CAN''T happen''. The football world all thought that right until the very end last season and looked what happened to Forest. If it can happen to them, it can most certainly happen to us with Worthless and the ''head in the sand'' Smith at the helm.   

My message to Smith is blunt - stop dreaming about the last 12 months you spent hob nobbing with the Premiership ''elite'' and wake up - FAST!!

[quote]Does anyone genuinely think we might get relegated? I mean Honestly deep down think it could happen?.. Im sorry for the use of capitals, BUT ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN![/quote]

I''m sure Forest fans were saying the same thing last season, no team is too good to go down.

If we stick with Worthington, then yes, we could go down. A change of manager always gives a team a boost, so that may be enough over the next two or three months to stick some survival points on the board.  

I''m sorry Trent, but sometimes that kind of arrogance, and it is arrogance IMO, can come back to haunt you.

Just saying ''its not going to happen'' is not on my friend, please explain why it won''t happen, because if Worthy''s still here, I''m convinced it damn well will!.

The lower leagues have had plenty of teams in them that were ''too good'' or ''too big'' to go down. Personally I dont''  think it will happen but no-one should be too complacent. If things do not improve after say, three or four games maybe something should be done.

At last we are hearing some common sense from Berks Canary. Worthington''s record over the past year is dreadful and in any other walk of life he would have ben dismissed following relegation for which he is totally responsible and accountable!

I agree that if he does not go NOW and I mean NOW we will follow Forest into oblivion for many years.

George Burly is available; I suggest the board if there is a board grab him now to pull us out of this dreadful mess

Your comment "nightmare scenario" points to something bad happening that has no true menace, only given substance whilst sleeping, however scarry it may seem.

The reality is that relegation is staring us fully in the face and the sooner everyone wakes up from their sleep and sees things, for what they truly are, the better.

Judging by the performances I have witnessed this season and when you add the rumours emerging tonight of dressing room unrest, i have to say I consider it a possibility. If the players are not giving their all (and there is enough evidence of this) then we are in trouble.

I agree with Berks Canary, Worthy has to go, we can only put up with so much. He''s had his time, been successfull, now its time to move on.

We don''t want to end up like Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley etc who came down from the premiership and then just kept going down.

Surely this will convince all of the worthy fans that he should go.

He has to go NOW or we''ll be playing in league 1 next season.

I for 1 have backed Worthy all the way, don''t panic it''ll be OK is the thinking. But 4 wins in 15, for heavens sake, any manager putting a squad together has to anticipate injuries and suspensions, and with the budget he''s had this is way too embarrassing and disappointing, and there''s little evidence that the first choice team would give Sheff Utd a run for their money either.

As for automatic promotion - anyone seen any pigs flying lately. be lucky to avoid the bottom 3, Worthy now thinking that Palace''s bottom to promotion might just be history repeating itself?

The Board have to get serious about a replacement. I for 1 thought Ipswich were far too hasty ditching Burley - its not so much about Worthy out, but who''s in ??

you could not have been at the game today because it can and will happen if something isnt done

If it happens ill happily announce that I was wrong on a giant thread, and leave in embarassment. And I would also come down and apologise and admit I was wrong to whoever fancied a pint in a local pub near Carrow Road of my choosing.

Call it arrogance if you wish, but we are not going down.

(Forest, Wednesday and Man City were in a far far worse state in the seasons they went down, by the way) 

Just cant understand sat nightmare result been with worthy all the while.Have to admit i am after sat showing becoming very concerned. has he lost the dresing room if so this will be very damaging.Think relegation is a definate no no we are not that bad still have money and the players why didnt we perform sat though i keep asking myself but have no answers. 

once your on the downward spiral then the only way is down im afriad.. i agree with some posts regarding Forest, Man City and Sheff wed.

Man city had the financial backing to come straight back up and recover, as evidenced with their run of form now under "psycho" Pierce..

Sheffield Wednesday however have taken far longer to recover, just 13 years ago they were in 2 cup finals and on the verge of becomeing one of Britains best teams...

since then they spiralled downwards and struggled, they spent a few seasons in the 3rd rung of football before Sturrock took them up and even now they dont look assured of survival, one of Britains oldest Professional clubs lay in ruins a few years back and no longer have the superiority they once enjoyed.

As for Forest, Since Clough retired they have become a poor team, hitting low after low, currently under Megson they sit on the verge of relegation to the lowest league of English football, again without the backing, star players sold, and a host of "has beens" borught in it doesnt look very good for a team who were once the best in Europe.

So yes we CAN get relegated, and we have never been as big as any of the 3 clubs listed above, financially we will be crippled and back where we were only a few years ago.

jas

Of course se could be relegated, but its highly unlikely.

More likely is that we will stagnate in lower mid-table, lose our better players, lose a large proportion of our fanbase, struggle with our debt and face many, many years of mediocrity.

On the other hand we could dump Worthington, appoint George Burley and still get into the playoffs

[quote]Of course se could be relegated, but its highly unlikely. More likely is that we will stagnate in lower mid-table, lose our better players, lose a large proportion of our fanbase, struggle with our d...[/quote]

What was so depressing is that sats performance was so reminiscent of the bad hamilton days just before worthy took over - then we were languishing in the lower reaches of div 1 with poor quality displays.

We appear to have gone full circle but this time with the most expensively built div 1 side we have put together.

OTBC