Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Ivo Pinto

I hope he stays next season, definitely appears to be adapting to the English game, I was impressed with him and Olsson yesterday.

[quote user="firststeps"]I hope he stays next season, definitely appears to be adapting to the English game, I was impressed with him and Olsson yesterday.[/quote]Completely agree, him and Olsson were excellent yesterday.

I thought his defensive play was so much better yesterday. Him and Olsson were really up for this one, really got stuck in. If we can keep those two and Klose plus get another CB in that would be our back four sorted.

But if Andre Wisdom, who doesn''t have a future at Norwich, hadn''t have got injured we might not have seen him.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Decent game yesterday, I worry the defensive side doesn''t come that naturally though.[/quote]

lol did you not watch the Arsenal or Man U games ?.

Liked the guy soon as he arrived, his limited time on pitch combined with the totally differnt needs of English football compared to his bombing runs at Zagreb made for a hard time settling down, but at 2mill or so he could well turn out to be a bargain buy and valuable asset for City. Also agree he could become a cult figure, hopefully for all the right reasons.

@ We''ll b back

Yes I did, but also saw the other games where he looked so off the pace defensively you''d barely believe he had played a professional match let alone champions league football. I hope he keeps this level up and it was just an adjusting period it''s certainly a strong possibility, but I''ll wait thanks for abit more than two good matches before I decide he''s what we''ve been missing at right back.

He''s very quick over 10 yards, and has added some physicality and aggression to his game (ask Darmian).  Plus he has shown quality with his crossing so yeah, I could be a fan.

Yes, me too. Was very impressed with him yesterday in particular. Seems to have adapted to the defensive requirements of the English game (particularly for a struggling side).

Always saw potential in him as a wing back, could be a decent Championship RB

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]@ We''ll b back

Yes I did, but also saw the other games where he looked so off the pace defensively you''d barely believe he had played a professional match let alone champions league football. I hope he keeps this level up and it was just an adjusting period it''s certainly a strong possibility, but I''ll wait thanks for abit more than two good matches before I decide he''s what we''ve been missing at right back.[/quote]

lol

Could understand your argument if the games were the other way round. He looked after Depay and Sanchez quite well. I am sure he will have players better than that to play against in the championship week in and week out.

@ we''ll b back

I take you don''t understand the concept of raising your game? And no he wont come up against a Sanchez in the championship that doesnt mean he''ll find it easier, it''ll be very very different and none of us will know how he''ll cope with the directness until we see him in action in that league. I hope he goes on to be a city legend but I don''t feel stupid for waiting a few more games before forming an opinion one way or the other.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]@ we''ll b back

I take you don''t understand the concept of raising your game? And no he wont come up against a Sanchez in the championship that doesnt mean he''ll find it easier, it''ll be very very different and none of us will know how he''ll cope with the directness until we see him in action in that league. I hope he goes on to be a city legend but I don''t feel stupid for waiting a few more games before forming an opinion one way or the other.[/quote]

Based on this and the fact I do not understand the concept of raising your game you must think Klose still needs time to prove himself. Clearly when he moved here he was not adapted to the English game. Now he is. A bargain at £2m.

COULD HE REPLACE BASSONG AT CENTRE BACK BRING IN WHITAKER AT RIGHT BACK. WORTH THE RISK I WOULD THINK. CAN NOT STAND ANOTHER NIGHTMARE FROM BASSONG.

You know what, i never rated Pinto the first few times he played, i cringed when i saw the team sheet for the weekend.

He played really well on Saturday, fingers crossed it wasn''t a 1 off game and he pushes on to be consistent!

Players take a while to settle. In an ideal world Pinto would have been here last summer. Each of our January signings were absolutely hammered on here but each was a real step up as big signings should be. "What''s the point of Pinto?" "Klose has the turning circle of an oil tanker" through to "Naismith isn''t even a footballer". Hopefully they all stay whatever league we are in.