Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

McNally resigns

If he''s resigned it won''t be because of some daft fans comments on Twitter, there''s more behind it than that.

I''m with bor, I don''t think he''s resigned if he has after Bowkett then the board have to made accountable for this second half season performance on and off the pitch, this seasons been pretty poor, Bowkett gone replaced by Balls, what''s he done what impact has he made apart from the pies and pints tally?

If he was going to resign it would be on the club''s official website , he would hardly announce it to a fan on twitter would he?. Looking at the abuse he''s had on twitter tonight it does make you ashamed to be a ncfc fan at times

or they are trying to talk him round after the day we have had its not right to mess around on twitter he is CEO not a tea lady !

Incredibly unprofessional but I think that''s all it is and nothing more than a poorly judged reply to some abuse

Rob Butler - According to David McNally''s official Twitter account he has resigned tonight. Just getting it confirmed

So effing what? Heads should role. There is no room for sentiment in football. We are down because we didn''t invest in the summer. We are down because 8 of the 11 players that started today started at Wembley. We are down because of his and the boards stupid prudence plan.

I dont care if its unprofessional GJP.

Im more concerned at our fan base having read some of the tweets. Shameful and disgusting doesnt even cover it.

If, and it''s a big if he has resigned then after Bowketts untimely resignation and the joke appointment of the nephew it''s all looking like a fiasco again at boardroom level.

[quote user="hogesar"]Really hope its not true.

Our absolute twunt bucket fans who''ve been posting him abuse need to f off and support a top 4 club.[/quote] [Y]And to quote; "....he relegated Fulham and they haven''t returned since and now he''s relegated us twice get him out."I won''t give the name, but at least get a simple fact right before slagging them off.

Nothing on the club website. Hopefully this is McNally trying to do the decent thing, the board will refuse to accept it, and we can concentrate on next season. Complete disaster if not, worse than relegation IMHO

You don''t care if our Chief Exec acts unprofessionally?

Hmm.

It''s up to him to rise above it. He doesn''t stand for the players stirring things on Twitter.

I replied "you''re forgetting the 3 promotions..."

McNally is far from the cause of our problems! We could do with several McNallys in that boardroom!

I still don''t except someone as hard nosed as McNally would resign because of a few nob heads on Twitter, you don''t walk away because of that you just shut down Twitter account.

If he has gone it''s because of the results and board pressure.

He''s the only good thing left on that board, but I know a few on here who would still defend Delia and co.

I''d rather Bowkett and McNally were here with the rest gone!

Have it on good authority that Bowkett left due to a major breakdown in relationship with McNally so hardly think McNally would leave for same reason as Bowkett, as McNally was that reason.

[quote user="hogesar"] Im more concerned at our fan base having read some of the tweets. Shameful and disgusting doesnt even cover it.[/quote]
Quite agree Hogesar, I always stick up for our fans when people criticise them, but some of the tweets to him tonight have been really shameful

I''ve heard that said a few times, but then again it''s business not a friends club, hang, maybe it''s a friends club.

If there is any substance and a vacancy is there to be filled, please don''t tell me that S & J will assign the role of recruitment officer to the Chairman. If so, he will doubtless have a long list of associates, all keen to get their snouts into one very deep and well-filled trough.

"if " this is true, and I''ll say again, I dont think he''d joke about something that people could legitimately be calling for come Wednesday night, then the reality is that after 2 relegations in 3 seasons, either his and /or the clubs business model/strategy and even abilities are not compatible with being a Premier League football club and you can only assume that this would be an admission of this?

I think personally overseeing two relegations (if that''s what it is to be) is not good for his cv, and he sees this as the right time to move on. Let''s face it, he has done his job to sort the club out financially, but many questions need answering, ie Bowkett, transfer dealings etc etc, and this is his answer to those questions being raised by many supporters and the media today.

And of course AN is/was his recommendation......which doesn''t appear to have worked out!

In comparison to what our apparent supporters are writing on twitter, if Mcnally has given a sarcy response, no youre right, i dont care.

Why do you?

Does that tweet mean players wont sign for us now? Does it stop him running the day to day club functions?

How soon we forget the bad times and demand continued success that is unaffordable. The club has to run as a business to ensure its survival at the heart of our community.

Looks like we will go down with Villa and Newcastle - look at the gates and investment in those two clubs.

Can''t believe all the negativity when a few years ago we were on the road to Hartlepool and Bristol Rovers.

Jake Humphrey is saying he''s gone but again it could just be rumours taken from the original tweet

Not looking great, hope it''s just rumours......

If he''s gone will AN be next one out?

Really hope this is just a lot of hot air! We need him here to oversee us getting back up!