Sign in to follow this  
Necton Canary

Paul Lambert

Now Paul Lambert is out of a job at Blackburn and DM has gone, lets have him back at Norwich with Ian Culverhouse. Never did find out what happened at Villa with IC

Let''s move forward by getting our ex manager who''s been an abject failure since leaving us.

I love lambert, but what''s the point?

I firmly believed that PL loved our club and would have stayed given the right support, but sadly that did not happen. I still feel very aggrieved by the way DM sacked Bryan Gunn too - he did not deserve to be treated like that.

[quote user="Necton Canary"]I firmly believed that PL loved our club and would have stayed given the right support, but sadly that did not happen. I still feel very aggrieved by the way DM sacked Bryan Gunn too - he did not deserve to be treated like that.[/quote]Should he have sacked him in some kind of gentler way?

[quote user="Buh"]Let''s move forward by getting our ex manager who''s been an abject failure since leaving us.

I lovedolambert, but what''s the point?[/quote]

Debating with a foolis difficult Buh.

NCFC + Lambert + Culverhouse was a special & unique time for all concerned and if they were somehow reunited you can gaurantee that second time round it would be a complete & utter disaster. People should be grateful that it happened once, realise that it will never happen again and move on.

[quote user="Mr Sausage "]Necton I hadn''t considered that fully as an option but now you mention it, it would appear an excellent idea[/quote]Was changing your name from ''Hull Canary'' to ''Mr Sausage'' an excellent idea too Waveney? [:D]

It was PL decision to leave Norwich, I very much doubt he''d go back on that.

Next!

No thanks, I won''t forget all he did for the club and he''ll always be welcome to visit.

I don''t think he is the right man to lead NCFC forward anymore, he never achieved much since leaving for "a bigger club" I still think AN is the man to be at the Helm of NCFC, especially if we get relegated, I think AN is definitely a great Champs manager, and an improving PL manager.

[quote user="Mr Sausage "]Necton I hadn''t considered that fully as an option but now you mention it, it would appear an excellent idea[/quote]For some reason, I actually am starting to find your posts amusing. I''ve got to admire your persistence.

[quote user="Time to go Delia"]One very good reason to get Lambert back is he''s head and shoulders better than we have right now .[/quote]

A great point beautifully articulated

I would have him back without a doubt. Following his departure both parties have suffered. As for those who think he did nothing since leaving he kept Villa a sinking ship afloat look what happened when he went. He started ok at Blackburn but it became apparent his team was going to be sold and he was in danger of being in the Villa scenario all over again. Since he left we have not had anyone who can spot talent or change games with substitutions and tactics. There is something very special about him and he could repair the damage of the current situation following a season which has been an absolute shamble. Put it like this i doubt very much if we would be going down if he had been in charge

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Put it like this i doubt very much if we would be going down if he had been in charge[/quote]Would that be the very same man who started Villa''s downwards spiral towards relegation but was lucky enough to get sacked before it actually happened

Villa''s "downward spiral" had started long before Lambert arrived, hence why he ended up in the job.

[quote user="STAN"]Villa''s "downward spiral" had started long before Lambert arrived, hence why he ended up in the job.[/quote]OK so he might not have started it but he didn''t stop it

Remind me how many times a successful manager has returned to a club and been successful again?

He wanted to speak to Burnley half way through our promotion year and then he was approached by West ham, at the time, a Championship club after we''d just gotten promoted and was reportedly not happy at being refused permission to speak to them.

If he did have a fall out with the board, it could well have been over not being allowed to speak to other clubs. If that was the case I''m glad McNally was refusing the approaches and being stubborn. He could''ve interviewed well at West Ham. they could''ve offered him loads and we''d have likely been relegated in 2011. Lambert was using us as a stepping stone, I''m glad our board pushed him back and kept him for as long as possible, even if he wasn''t happy.

For whatever reason he couldn''t wait to get away from here. Even if our new board wanted him back I seriously doubt he''d come.

Correct me if I''m wrong, but did Lambert not try and sue the club over the dismissal.  I would have thought that would stop any thoughts of a return.

I firmly believed that PL loved our club and would have stayed given the right support, but sadly that did not happen. I still feel very aggrieved by the way DM sacked Bryan Gunn too - he did not deserve to be treated like that.

Paul Lambert loves only one thing, I will give you a clue, its what he sees in the mirror every Morning.

The most disloyal bastard who has ever managed us

Okay he did well on the back of a lot of momentum but has looked out of this depth ever since

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I would have him back without a doubt. Following his departure both parties have suffered. As for those who think he did nothing since leaving he kept Villa a sinking ship afloat look what happened when he went. He started ok at Blackburn but it became apparent his team was going to be sold and he was in danger of being in the Villa scenario all over again. Since he left we have not had anyone who can spot talent or change games with substitutions and tactics. There is something very special about him and he could repair the damage of the current situation following a season which has been an absolute shamble. Put it like this i doubt very much if we would be going down if he had been in charge[/quote]

Dont mean to be controversial but I think you will find he made things a lot worse at Villa and only his sacking and appointment of Sherwood saved them. He holds the record as a Villa manager for the most consecutive minutes without scoring and I understand he was close to breaking the same record with Blackburn. Also in his time at Villa he thought to stab Culverhouse to save his own career. Not saying as to wether Culverhouse was a bully or not but I remember Colchester fans telling us how Lambert had bullied their players.

To cap it all after a mini revival Blackburn went on the slippery slope. Lambert then said he was off at the end of the season and they won their remaining games ?

Now I am not saying that I do not appreciate what he did here but if you were any club looking for a new manager would you really take a risk on Lambert seems to cause upset and instability where ever he goes including here and Wycombe and Cholchester.

AN can keep the likes of Klose Ruddy and Howson. Suspect these would be gone the minute AN goes

O.R. I think you are right, constructive dismissal or similar I seem to remember.

What on earth makes you think players like Ruddy and Howson would be off if Neil left , i would hazzard a guess most of our players would welcome some management and coaching a little above the levels they are getting at the moment .

Must be coincidental that Howson especially is in the form of his life Canaryone.

Klose loves it here so he surely can''t think the coaching is that bad ? suggest you also look at what Pinto is becoming or is that nothing to do with the coaching ?