Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Anyway, I wish him well...

David McNally was always supportive to Rays Funds and with Ricky Martin helped us with the transition from raising funds for the academy to raising funds for the CSF. He''s also been supportive of Cityangels brilliant efforts in getting the fans social club up and running.

I can''t imagine living under the constant pressure he had. He was rewarded handsomely but I wouldn''t do it for 10 times the reward. He certainly upset some people along the way but we have many happy football memories which David Mcnally played a huge part in creating.

You can''t argue with those sentiments Nutty, credit where credit is due. I have my own feelings about him but you put that well!

Completely agree.Part of a very successful period for the club.And he bought me a pint in the Nelson.[:)] 

He saved our club end of.

You usually only find how good somebody is after they have gone ala Harry Kane.

I wish him well and I am sure he will soon be in another job ( contract permitting ) with a much higher profile than NCFC

Thanks for the memories Mr Mc and I am sure one day this club will see you as a legend and not a scape goat

Agree with the above.Seven years is a pretty long stint for a Chief Exec, especially for someone with his firefighting talents and he deserves a lot of credit for hauling NCFC out of the s*it when he first came here. As an employee he did receive what some would say is an obscene of money but quality costs and for what it''s worth in most years I think he earned it.To be effective he needed to be hard-nosed but I think a little less of the  '' Robocop '' style of management in his dealings both inside and outside Carrow Rd wouldn''t have gone amiss particularly after he''d got us back on an even keel. On balance he did a good job and had there been a '' Hall of Fame '' for Chief Execs his name would surely feature.

Mr McNally bought me a pint at the Capital Canaries AGM / Q+A on more than one occasion, having travelled down from Norwich to answer our questions. I think he missed just one of the meetings from 2009 to date and also attended a number of our functions in Norwich and London.

“Every pound is a Prisoner” was his catchphrase in League1 and the Championship inn 09/10 + 10/11 seasons. This was upgraded to “Every pound is a Prisoner” in the Prem in season 11/12.

He did very well for this club and its sad to see him leave this way !

if anyone deserved a standing ovation at carrow road it was him ,

i didnt agree the way he did somethings but 9/10 things he did he got right ...... Big shoes to fill over to you delia

Did I miss a subtle difference in the catchphrases?
He never bought me a pint, but did once offer me out on Prince of Wales Road so I think we''re evens.
Anyway,
Promotion
Promotion
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Championship, Wembley
Premier League
Considering the financial shackles, it will be hard to find a CEO to match that record in the Premier League era.
He may not have been popular with all, but successful people don''t tend to be.

Wish him well and thank him for the good works that he did, particularly I his early tenure.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Did I miss a subtle difference in the catchphrases?
He never bought me a pint, but did once offer me out on Prince of Wales Road so I think we''re evens.
Anyway,
Promotion
Promotion
Premier League
Premier League
Premier League
Championship, Wembley
Premier League
Considering the financial shackles, it will be hard to find a CEO to match that record in the Premier League era.
He may not have been popular with all, but successful people don''t tend to be.
[/quote]

That''s very impressive isn''t it? So why the hell would his resignation be unanimously accepted by the board?

But hell deffinately a big thank you for great service to the club, wish him the best for his next post, to say players are city legends in reality McNally might be considered a legend.

Good luck to him. Will be remembered for being a massive part of one of the best generations to be a NCFC fan. Even got an assist for one of the most memorable goals I''ve seen at CR during my favourite season (so far) as a City fan. (Holt vs Reading)

''Is this going to be a goal created from the very top of Norwich City?''

Left us all with some great memories of his time in charge.3 great years under Lambert when we all felt we could beat anyone even in the 92nd minute, that 10 game spell under Hughton when we took on and beat the best, and finally that truly wonderful day out at Wembley just a year ago.And all in just 7 years.

Like Nutty I will miss him too. I have got to know him really well these past 12 months, he was a great help to me personally in helping me set up the fans social club and he has been very supportive to us volunteers since. He has attended nearly all our events and has been in constant touch to encourage us and ask if we needed any help and we wouldn''t have achieved what we have without him.

But more than that he has achieved so much for our football club which he was passionate about over the years and if anyone thinks we''ll be in a better place without him then they ought to be careful what they wish for.

A very sad day for our football club

I wish him well too. He''s the last person I was hoping would fall on his sword to be honest and I feel there''s something inherently wrong with our club. Like we''re scared of our own shadow.

Is it a prestige thing? It''s like we''re scared of success, scared to take any remote risk and for that we''ll continue to find our ceiling as a struggling yo-yo club. McNally seemed to be the one guy in our boardroom who had the balls to stand up for the club and give it the dignity it should deserve.

Perhaps there are too many from fan to board room that are happy to be that unfashionable, quirky soft touch club that play in the pretty bright yellow kits, always fill the ground with some polite people and "play nice football" but ultimately just coast from season to season not achieving much of note. I''m not one of those, there''s no reason we can''t have some self respect and aim higher. I fear McNally going will take away the last strain of ambition we have.

Good luck in your next Career move McNasty and thanks for the wonderful memories you played an integral part in creating.

It''s just occurred to me - if he did such a great job getting us out of the sh*t, it would be more ironic than Alanis Morisette if he was leaving to join Villa. He wouldn''t would he?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]It''s just occurred to me - if he did such a great job getting us out of the sh*t, it would be more ironic than Alanis Morisette if he was leaving to join Villa. He wouldn''t would he?[/quote]I would consider it to be the case, though don''t rightly know, that he would have something written in his contract that he can''t fill a similar position at another club, for a stated period. Probably 6 months.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]It''s just occurred to me - if he did such a great job getting us out of the sh*t, it would be more ironic than Alanis Morisette if he was leaving to join Villa. He wouldn''t would he?[/quote]More likely Rangers than anyone else.