Sign in to follow this  
?

Rob Green

He''d fallen out of favor. He was still on Prem wages and is around 35 I believe. They just let his contract run down. He said he''s not ready to retire, figure he could challenge ruddy for a spot?

He was on £50k a week and was going to trigger an extension or something if they played him once more so he''s been trapped for a few months. I''d happily have Greeno back between the sticks at Norwich! One for the homegrown slot when we get into the Champions League in 2018 too!

In all seriousness though, if we could flog Ruddy for a few bob (Bournemouth bid £3.5m in Jan) and get Greeno in on a free on say £20k a week for a couple of years with incentives upon promotion, i''d be pretty happy.

Why do some fans always want to go backwards - in the space of a couple of days we''ve had calls to bring back Culverhouse, Lambert & now Green.This is not the way forward.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]He was on £50k a week and was going to trigger an extension or something if they played him once more so he''s been trapped for a few months. I''d happily have Greeno back between the sticks at Norwich! One for the homegrown slot when we get into the Champions League in 2018 too!

In all seriousness though, if we could flog Ruddy for a few bob (Bournemouth bid £3.5m in Jan) and get Greeno in on a free on say £20k a week for a couple of years with incentives upon promotion, i''d be pretty happy.[/quote]QPR have finally seen some kind of financial sense and have been getting rid of their high wage-earners. Green is just the latest.

I might be mistaken, but was it not the case that if he played just one more game for QPR, then a trigger of another payment was due to West Ham, a substantial one of somewhere in the region of £3m I believe ? and Fernandes didn''t want to pay it ?

If he played any more games he would have triggered an automatic one year extension on his contract and JFH has to get the wake him down, which is why he hasn''t played.

I doubt Robson Green has much experience between the posts. Good actor though so he could karate kick the opposing forwards and act his way out of trouble.