Sign in to follow this  
morty

McNally resigned.

I disagree it looks silly.

His tweet was silly, but it was hardly national news.

If he hadn''t resigned there would have been calls for his head. So there you go, it''s done.

I''m sure the term "national laughing stock" will come out

Newsflash, beside the most well researched Suffolk sister fondler, nobody cares!

Attention must immediately turn to his replacement. Ideally we need someone in the next couple of weeks. It NEEDS to be a good appointment. Absolutely paramount.

Massive blow for the club, this hurts more than the relegation, coupled with Bowkett resignation I fear we are sliding backwards

I think he already planned to resign at the end of the season, and his tweet just brought the whole thing forward.Hopefully they are scouring Europe right now for a replacement.

Think everyone happy at this news has very short memories.

Most of the people on social media celebrating the news are around 15-16 years old and can''t remember the years with Doncaster. If you can remember being at the colchester game, how on earth can you be happy he has gone?

All about the replacement. McNally was brought in because our board acknowledged at the time they needed someone who knew about the football industry so I don''t see why it should be any different this time and I would expect someone with experience of running a football club to be brought in.

What we need is someone who is prepared to appoint the right team around them of capable people they can delegate to. The appointments on the scouting, recruitment, technical director side in the last few years (and the significant amount of turnover there has been in those roles other than 2) perhaps help show where things have been going a bit wrong.

Disappointing news, pointless speculating as to the reasons behind it, the truth behind matters like this rarely come out.Wish him all the best in whatever endeavours he takes on next and keep my fingers crossed that they have a top class replacement lined up as we are looking desperately short of quality footballing knowledge and vision in running a football club at board level.

You can see what Delia is doing here it''s very very clever

Bowchump and McNasty have gone. Neil will be sacked next and the Messiah will return to get us back to the Premier league

It is brilliant pure brilliant

[quote user="Mark Fotheringham City Legend"]Think everyone happy at this news has very short memories.

Most of the people on social media celebrating the news are around 15-16 years old and can''t remember the years with Doncaster. If you can remember being at the colchester game, how on earth can you be happy he has gone?[/quote]Agreed.David McNally has left Norwich City in a far, far better state, than when he took over.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I''m desperately disappointed with this news - it really couldn''t have come at a worse time. It leaves us very short of football business experience at board level.

Past experience is that Delia has made decisions more on sentiment than hard nosed calculation so please no to nepotism.

The decision on who replaces him is as big as the managers post in my opinion - more log term admittedly but absolutely vital we get this right.[/quote]

Can I ask who appointed DM, was not that Delia & Michael? Hardly a sentimental appointment that one. As to who replaces him, not a clue. Had anyone heard of DM before he was appointed?

The Smith Dynasty and Chums Momentum Gathers Unbelievable Pace.......Anyone for Mick Dennis being appointed to the Board?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]The Smith Dynasty and Chums Momentum Gathers Unbelievable Pace.......Anyone for Mick Dennis being appointed to the Board?[/quote]Rather him than nephew Tom...

I believe the two driving forces on the board were Bowkett & McNally now they have both gone. Is it because what''s left of the board believe we should be going in another direction, to their wishes ? 

I don''t think we should bemoan this announcement until we know how things are going to play out from here. McNally has been fantastic for Norwich, securing our financial situation, bringing in Lambert and Alex Neil. However, he''s also overseen the appointment of Chris Hughton and Neil Adams. We are also about to be relegated for the second time in three years. Let''s not pant wet and just see what the future holds. Respect to the man and what he has done here, but let''s just wait and see.I have to say, concerns me a bit that we''re now relying on Ed Balls for leadership....

[quote user="Year of the tiger"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]I''m desperately disappointed with this news - it really couldn''t have come at a worse time. It leaves us very short of football business experience at board level.

Past experience is that Delia has made decisions more on sentiment than hard nosed calculation so please no to nepotism.

The decision on who replaces him is as big as the managers post in my opinion - more log term admittedly but absolutely vital we get this right.[/quote]

Can I ask who appointed DM, was not that Delia & Michael? Hardly a sentimental appointment that one. As to who replaces him, not a clue. Had anyone heard of DM before he was appointed?[/quote]

Fair point YotT, I hope we get someone of a similar ilk. I was thinking more of Gunn and Neil Adams.

McNally was CE at Fulham when they were in the Premiership I believe so I guess he would have been well know in football circles.

I''m pretty sure the club will have quite a large number of quality applicants. The position is quite a prestigious one and if the salary/benefits remain the same it is a lucrative position as well. The question I suppose is will our board pick the right man?

Quite amazingly they are waxing lyrical about how great a job he did, on TWTD.Says something when Ipswich fans appreciate him more than some of our fans do!

How can anyone really be happy to see him go? He''s been here 7 season and four of them at the top flight! Crazy supporters!

This season was always going to be hard with a inexperienced manager and young coaching, we were always the favourites to go down!

We''re left now with a board made up of Two aging supporters, a nephew with absolutely no footballing background, I''m actually unaware of his background, a failed politician who only has credentials to teach economics, never actually been in a position to show he can actually successfully do the job and a big empty hole.

Maybe it''s a good time for a change as this season hasn''t been well run behind the scenes and McNally shouldn''t be the one who takes all the blame!

My question is, why the timing?

I do not understand why he could not wait a week? Meaning even if we stay up he won''t be here next season.

With Bowkett going so shortly after committing his future to the club (which seemed odd at the time) and now McNally it almost says something is causing friction among the board. For McNally not even to stand this final week before the season is over is a little odd considering how professional and dignified he has been in his 7 years (bar the tweet on Saturday night). For McNally even to tweet that seemed very out of character for him as to what we''ve seen from him.

The question is, what is wrong at the top? Is it the inclusion of nephew Tom that has caused this unrest? Who knows... We must appoint someone as intelligent and ruthless as McNally to continue the strong direction our club is slowly heading.

He has done an unbelievable job since coming in, got the finances back on track and most importantly the fans back after the dismal and sour end of Doncaster''s reign.

Highland Canary wrote the following post at 09/05/2016 10:24 AM:

Relegation was an inevitable consequence of last August''s failure. Perhaps, this is an acknowledgement of his and the boards'' culpability in this regard.

Yep

This begs the question Neil was McNally''s man is he next out the door?

Difference between us and Ipswich over these recent years has been that we had a football man at the helm in McNally and their Chief Exec, when appointed, was a self confessed non football man. Big difference. Like when Clive Woodward went to Southampton. Not football people in football doesn''t really work.

No person in the game can take two relegations to his cv and hope to survive. Interesting that the club readily accepts his resignation!

Impeccable timing for his own position you can be sure. We are heading foe a tough few years in all likelihood and he''s seen that.

Huge black hole to fill.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BarclayWazza"]Which in turn has you moaning about me moaning about you moaning about me moaning.

A perpetual exercise in pointlessness which sums up most of your c.30k posts[/quote]So why start it then?People will be understandably annoyed when Tom gets the job, myself included. Well done for trying to derail the thread for no valid reason whatsoever[Y][/quote]

[quote user="morty"]Cue whining when nephew Tom gets the job.....[/quote]

Oh I''m sorry, I thought the rails that the thread was on was a pre-emptive whine about the people that will whine about Nephew Tom getting the job. Not much else to go on from the OP. Otherwise (and not wanting to sound like forum police here) I thought the existing McNally thread would have sufficed :-D

And I''m assuming that you''re ok with people being "understandably annoyed" if Nephew Tom does get the job but woe betide anyone who dares express their feelings through a "whine".

It will not make iota of difference who they appoint until we have a change of board and direction where football comes first it will just same old same old no investment means nothing will change.

An interesting conundrum has risen now. With McNally gone and by the looks of it against most supporters wishes will the fans turn on Delia and Michael or Alex when we are probably relegated on Wednesday night?