Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Big opportunity missed.

It is so demoralising supporting Norwich City. What an chance we had to kick on and establish ourselves as main stay premier league club. We had a warning shot with our relegation two years ago, but manged an immediate return.

A warning shot that should have been heeded, but has simply been ignored. We have made many of the same mistakes that saw us throw away our three year stay last time.

It makes me angry. In all but ambition, we are the same size of club, with similar recent history, as a Leicester City, or Southampton. We are also comparable to a Stoke City or West Brom, and much bigger than the likes of Watford, Palace, or Bournemouth.

Big clubs like Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle have problems, enabling the smaller clubs to prosper and become established. Except Norwich. All too predictable.

And now the only senior person with any sort of football Knowledge has left. We''ve got no more ambition than Burnley. A small club that struggle to get 17k to a home game.

And now we face relegation and a period of transition. come relegation, we will be in a far weaker position than last time. An immediate return is nigh on impossible with the amount of change to take place.

We are a laughing stock. Alex Neil next to resign......

Oh my god what a walking, talking stereotype

"If only we were Southampton! Oh woe is me! No more streams! What a world"

Villa are a laughing stock. Pretty much everyone around the country expected us to struggle near the bottom this season, so far from being a ''laughing stock'' I think most people look at Norwich and go "huh I guess they''re getting relegated. at least they''re not as bad as Villa!"

Wakes up

"WE ARE A LAUGHING STOCK"

Brushes teeth

Has breakfast

You have to understand, the slightest bit of unrest in this dudes life and the initial reaction is always, and will always be "WE ARE A LAUGHING STOCK"

It''s because he cares more about what outside people think more than the football club.

He spends his whole life comparing

"Why are we not Bournemouth? Why aren''t we winning the league? Why hasn''t an alien landed at Conley? We are... A .... LAUGHING STOCK!!!"

Blinded by comparisonitis. Classic, textbook case.

Dammit!! I dawdled and missed the opportunity. Suitable chastising of drama queen already handled.

Bah!

How can we be a laughing stock ?

I would think we are more likely the envy of at least 72 and probably more like 82 clubs in the English leagues.

Debt free.....own the football ground and facilities and just spent 4 of the last 5 years in the PL !!

So exactly who is it thats laughing at us ?

Hell, having effectively just been relegated I''m happy to only have the same ambition as a club who stuck by their manager, spent wisely and got promoted as champions the season after being relegated....

''It is so demoralising supporting Norwich City''

I love supporting City, we always seem to have something to play for be it promotion or relegation. I think you have to go back to about 2007 for the last time we had a season of mediocrity. Maybe you would prefer we went back to the days of Grant or Roeder as manager? I love supporting City in the Prem, I love supporting City in the Champs, I loved supporting City in the 3rd division! We could end up in non league and I''d still love supporting City. If all I was interested in was winning all the time I would have cut my losses and switched allegiance to Real Madrid years ago.

''We are the same size club as Leicester or Southampton and much bigger than Watford, Palace or Bournemouth''

You could also reason we are a smaller club historically than Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest, should we be playing a level below them? The fact is we are currently better than 73 of the other 91 professional clubs in this country. Things could be a lot worse than they are right now and indeed they were not so long ago. I think a lot of people that use this forum must only have been following Norwich for the last 5 years and demand Premiership football and the club to continuously progress and will be moaning if we haven''t won the Champions League in the next 5 years while the rest of us realise that we are about where we should be.

''We''ve got no more ambition than Burnley''

A team focused on gaining promotion immediately after relegation, sounds about the amount of ambition we need right now. I''m guessing what you really mean is that we need to get mass investment so we can do a Leicester. A lot of people seem to think that if Delia and Michael sell up we will magically find a billionaire that wants to throw money at the club. The fact is there are probably 85 other teams in this country actively looking for investment, almost every other club in the country is in the same situation as us, just look at how long Bill Kenwright has trying to sell Everton for. For every Abramovich there is a Gaydemak, we could try to spend what we don''t have but the majority of time it will end up like Portsmouth rather than becoming a top 4 team. Just think what could have happened if Cullum had taken over the club with his mystery millions.

''We are a laughing stock''

No we really aren''t. It must be tough being you, living your life if you''re naturally always that negative. As for me, I''ll take life as it comes, roll with the punches and enjoy seeing the yellows whatever league we play in knowing that the financial future of the club is secure which surely is the most important thing, knowing the very existence of the club is safe.

With the huge TV revenue coming into play, it is a clear opportunity missed.

I want to see Norwich being as competitive as possible. Due to varying circumstances, expectations should be dynamic. However, this season we were not as competitive as we could and should have been. We could and should have achieved more. We underachieved due to lack of ambition and incompetence, and that''s a tough pill to swallow.

More so than any other relegation season, this one really feels self inflicted.

P.S

Ohhhhh if only we were Bournemouth!!!

Oh howl!howl!howl!

Oh how I love when posters trundle out the "we are a laughing stock" line. There are only one set of fans who give a sh it what happens to Norwich and that is us. How are we a laughing stock Lincoln? Please enlighten me.

Every single season the same old bullsh*t gets trotted out about how "this isn''t the year to get relegated", "record TV income", etc., etc., etc. and some fans swallow it, hook, line and sinker.

Nappy fillers.

Apples

I really hate this buzz word of "establishing" ourselves in the premier league, it''s fantasy, clubs our size will never be free from the threat of relegation, without Chelsea size investment. All it''s done is breed a sense of entitlement in the fan base.

All the clubs in the bottom two thirds of the league are at risk of relegation, one awful season where the new signings dont work or they get stuck in a rut then they are exactly where we are now.

Loads of time cheers, I currently only need to work 100 days a year.

Cheers for asking.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Every single season the same old bullsh*t gets trotted out about how "this isn''t the year to get relegated", "record TV income", etc., etc., etc. and some fans swallow it, hook, line and sinker.

Nappy fillers.

Apples[/quote]

Totally agree, it''ll always be a bad year to get relegated, infact it''s probably worse to get relegated next season as clubs will have spent more money to stay exactly where they are now.

While the gap grows financially between divisions the risk gets bigger not smaller. The clubs dont get richer the players and agents do, giving potentially crippling overheads to the clubs who are all trying to keep up with each other rather than just refusing to pay crazy salary''s on average footballers from across Europe.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I didn''t ask...[/quote]Why bother making the point then?Do you have some kind of bizarre 20 year old attitude that "this new fangled internet thingy" will come to no good, and its clearly for teenage boys skulking in their bedrooms?Does your smaller post count somehow make you feel inferior or better than me?Just trying to work out what your issues are[Y]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Ooh he''s got the ''ump...[/quote]Not in the slightest, you made a point, I assumed you want to discuss it?

The real opportunity the club missed was not making me manager when Neil Adams ''resigned''.
I made it quite clear on here i''d take the job.
And to be honest, had they given it to me, i''d have f*cked it up so bad that not only would we not have got promoted and therefore this would be a non-issue, i''d have done such an alarmingly poor job everyone will be focussed on attacking me and not McNally.

It amazes me the shear complacency, and clear lack of ambition of some supporters. No wonder we''re stuck with our unambitious board.

Are you really satisfied with this season? Of course not. Our endeavours since Christmas have been feeble. Yet it appears acceptable?

As said previously, so long as Norwich perform somewhere near to the capability then I''m satisfied. Being in the premiership 4 out of the last 5 years, I expect more than the feeble effort shown. We have absolutely zero fight.

Explain this one, and it''s controversial. Gary O''neil - lauded by many, couldn''t get a game for us last season in the championship, now he''s ended up playing the majority in the premier league. Somthing is seriously wrong with player recruitment and management when your veteran bench warmer from a lower league becomes a permanent fixture in the centre of the park. It''s a clear example of stepping backwards.

So let''s get this straight-next season is the only season that the extra TV money is coming in? That can be the only reason that Lincoln is throwing his toys out of the pram.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]So let''s get this straight-next season is the only season that the extra TV money is coming in? That can be the only reason that Lincoln is throwing his toys out of the pram.[/quote]

Not obviously not the only season.

Jesus, wake up! Is it not the aim to be established in the premier league? To watch City play the best teams in Europe and sign fantastic players?

Some of you clearly enjoyed the late 90''s / early 00''s. I didn''t, it was awful.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Every single season the same old bullsh*t gets trotted out about how "this isn''t the year to get relegated", "record TV income", etc., etc., etc. and some fans swallow it, hook, line and sinker.

Nappy fillers.

Apples[/quote]

All I''m trotting is how sh£t we are. And how angry that makes me.