Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Nobody Resigns these days what is the truth behind this

Love him or not Mc Nally was on a really good package here with very little likelihood that he would be able to better it anywhere else. Sure i can understand him being sacked but resigning and walking away from a good job and salary seemingly looking like the fall guy for relegation. There must be a lot more to this than meets the eye. If he was responsible for the footballing mistakes then he should have been sacked or is it a question that his advice and direction for the club was being frustrated or blocked by the rest of the board. There is much much more to this story and we really need to know, unless he has been given a generous bung to keep quiet

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Love him or not Mc Nally was on a really good package here with very little likelihood that he would be able to better it anywhere else. Sure i can understand him being sacked but resigning and walking away from a good job and salary seemingly looking like the fall guy for relegation. There must be a lot more to this than meets the eye. If he was responsible for the footballing mistakes then he should have been sacked or is it a question that his advice and direction for the club was being frustrated or blocked by the rest of the board. There is much much more to this story and we really need to know, unless he has been given a generous bung to keep quiet[/quote]Agreed, its been obvious for a while that something had upset the applecart. The virtual silence after Bowkett''s sudden resignation should have been an early warning. I don''t think this whole saga is going to end quietly.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Love him or not Mc Nally was on a really good package here with very little likelihood that he would be able to better it anywhere else. Sure i can understand him being sacked but resigning and walking away from a good job and salary seemingly looking like the fall guy for relegation. There must be a lot more to this than meets the eye. If he was responsible for the footballing mistakes then he should have been sacked or is it a question that his advice and direction for the club was being frustrated or blocked by the rest of the board. There is much much more to this story and we really need to know, unless he has been given a generous bung to keep quiet[/quote]Why do we really need to know?

Would be fitting to hear an explanation or statement from McNally, I agree there is much more to this story, must be bedlam behind the scenes.

Nope

You don''t need to know

Now go back to watching your neighbours getting dressed through your binoculars

i doubt mcnally will spill the beans if he has a bonus / payment owed he will keep tight lipped

also it may damage any future job prospects at other clubs or companies if he spills secrets

Of course he''s not going to say anything. Bits and pieces will slowly leak out I''m sure but I would be very surprised if we had a "clear the air" statement at any time soon from the club.

[quote user="ec-p"]Would be fitting to hear an explanation or statement from McNally, I agree there is much more to this story, must be bedlam behind the scenes.[/quote]That''s not going to happen, pay off clauses and silence will see to that but YC is correct nobody walks away from a million quid a year job and a realistic prospect of a promotion bonus next year.The tone of the Boards statement suggests to me that for whatever reason he left them with no alternative. I think that in reality this is more likely to be a termination of contract that has been dressed up to look like a resignation.

Richardo thats how i see it i don''t think the board were begging him to stay ,

which is a shame after what he has done for us to end this way

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]There''s some serious sh1t stirring and making up stories going on today isn''t there ?[/quote]Its reasonable speculation. Looking at all the evidence you would have to be naive to accept the official announcement at face value. Bowkett didn''t suddenly find he had something more pressing to do two weeks after presenting himself for re-election. By the same token McNally didn''t suddenly resign, change his mind and resign again purely on the basis of Saturdays home defeat.

Well, bad or good, this has at least given us some entertainment. Maybe McNally thought he should do what the players haven''t. But a seemingly daft I''ve resigned / no I haven''t / oh all right then, I have, seems a tad bizarre even by Stephen Fry''s comedic standards.

Next it will be revealed that Neil (Doncs, not Alex) is coming back as Chief Scout and Mike Phelan is coming down from the stand to replace Alex Neil in the middle of the second half of the Watford game....

A resignation or termination package will have been agreed, no doubt with confidentiality clauses. This may have been started by either party or indeed reached by mutual consent. I would imagine that "the truth" will be closely guarded but no doubt there will be plenty of speculation nonetheless.

While we have those brave warriors who "knuw a bluuke at thu cluub" we''ll get the the truth!

Our club is not one to wash it''s dirty laundry in public. I doubt we will be ever know exactly what happened. It would be interesting to know but will not .make any difference to the outcome

I recommend chillburgers with cool it friies washed down with a no panic milkshake all round.

It''s gonna be OK.

AN was quoted this morning as saying in his post match press conference that he is fed up with players missing simple chances stating he can''t score the goals for them. He then went on to say that he felt the club were suffering for a lack of transfer activity - "there were players we tried to attract but didn''t get them for whatever reason".

Perhaps AN has been saying the same to Delia laying the failure at McNally''s door and the rest of the board seeking a scapegoat to avoid criticism of themselves have decided not to renew DM''s contract.

Time for the return of the Doooooomcaster?

[quote user="ricardo"]Snippets will leak out Badger. They always do.[/quote]You may well be right Ricardo but they will be probably be non-attributable and not much more than gossip or spin - unless there was some sort of row in public.

The shit very obviously hit the fan after Saturday''s game. To respond to a fan on Twitter and announce your resignation that way says that all was far from happy in the boardroom Saturday evening. I simply don''t trust the remaining board members and believe we are going to struggle now both Bowkett and McNally have gone

Someone commented that they had seen Mcnally prior to the game on Saturday and he looked like he had seen a ghost, I suspect there had been a bust up even prior to the game.

Or another alternative is that he just did not need personal abuse from a minority of supporters.

For those who wanted McNally out, I fear we will only find out that we had an amazing chief exec now he has gone. Had it not been for McNally I fear our club would currently be a Charlton / Leeds.

Now he has resigned clubs will look at what he has done here and considered that as a positive addition to his CV. As soon as he is available he will be in a much bigger post than NCFC

Be careful what you wish for. If there was no need to speculate what would we need this place for. Anyway, the truth is rarely as interesting as the speculation..

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]Someone commented that they had seen Mcnally prior to the game on Saturday and he looked like he had seen a ghost, I suspect there had been a bust up even prior to the game.[/quote]

He''s not looked particularly well whenever I''ve seen pictures of him of late. Perhaps the pressure has got to him and he was not thinking clearly when he sent those tweets. That would be enough for the rest of the board to query whether it''s perhaps time for a change and thus accept his resignation.

FWIW My take is that McNally has shown himself to be an emotional man,and I think this coupled with a few too many on Saturday night (after a desperately disappointing day) led him to `tweet` inadvisably.It is perhaps more revealing that Delia and Michael took the opportunity to accept his `resignation` thereby saving a considerable amount in compensation that would have been payable should they have subsequently sacked him.

In his opening line the OP states that DM was on a really good package and there is very little likelihood of him being able to better it elsewhere.

With his track record in transforming Norwich''s finances whilst achieving relative success on the field, I would think there is every chance that his services will be sought after. And given the insane money swirling around in the Premiership, an offer in excess of his Norwich remuneration would not be at all surprising.