Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Ed Balls the first to speak following McNally's resignation

Katie Borkins wrote the following post at 10/05/2016 12:55 PM:

Who''s providing the cauldron? City Angel?

Tilly and Van Wink can supply the stirring equipment...

------------------------

Just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of this post

Unfortunately Ed has always had that unfortunate slightly disingenuous smirk. I recall the same facIan expression on BBC news as the global economy went down the toilet.

.....and yet of a man so unbelievably great at his job as stated and explained by Balls during the first minute of the video, the board came to a unanimous decision to accept his resignation.  I wonder what the reasons were then, for unanimously accepting his resignation?  Alas, we''ll probably most definitely never find out.

Indeed, I was hoping that he might at least give some indication of the nature in which he resigned. Was being a bit too hopeful there.

Good. We''ve basically invested in the development and training of Alex Neil. Would be stupid to let some other Championship club benefit from it.

[quote user="hogesar"]Good. We''ve basically invested in the development and training of Alex Neil. Would be stupid to let some other Championship club benefit from it.[/quote][Y]

“Hello Ed. It’s Delia”

“Oh Hello Delia. I really must put you into my contacts”

“ Ed we need to put someone up for the press. You’re used to this sort of thing, what with losing Morley and talking about it for hours. Can you get down to the Club”

“ Well if I have to , but I have just put a cake in the Aga. And Yvette will be back soon”

“ Just get on with it Balls . We used to leave all the shite to David so you’ll just have to step up. Can’t you give Milliband a call for some advice? He doesn’t seem to be doing much?”

“ forget t''other Ed. But hey, I’ve got Alistair on the other line, he is still a bit drunk from Burnley going up, so he might be nice to me. I’ll just come up with the usual rubbish about needing to beat Watford. We can think of something else when we are down on Thursday. you know me, one disaster at a time ha ha . Oh Delia, whilst I''ve got you on , about my expenses. I just wondered if I could , hello Delia? Hello? Oh she’s gone . Now what’s that smell of burning? ”

[quote user="hogesar"]Good. We''ve basically invested in the development and training of Alex Neil. Would be stupid to let some other Championship club benefit from it.[/quote]Quite. And if anyone seriously thought it was going to be the nephew Balls pretty much squashed that notion. It was a perfectly sensible interview, with sincere thanks to McNally and level-headed pointers to the way forward. Do posters really expect or want Churchillian rhetoric? Now that would be spin. Some posters need to get past Balls'' politics and treat his actions as NCFC chairman on their merits.

Pleased with what he said in interview and to local written press. Alex Neil staying. Quick appointment needed. He doesn''t want the job. Wants to appoint someone with "deep, deep knowledge of football". He may not have charisma or be easy to listen to, but he''s said some very reassuring things there at a time when we need reassurance.

People complaining that we don''t have a Chief Exec lined up already. McNally''s resignation came "out of the blue". They were not expecting it. It''s different to management when people can pluck your managers at anytime, you have to know the market. At CE level, it''s very different.

I don''t know if anyone has noticed but his second name is balls, the implication being testicles.

And me. I find that hilarious.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="hogesar"]Good. We''ve basically invested in the development and training of Alex Neil. Would be stupid to let some other Championship club benefit from it.[/quote] It was a perfectly sensible interview, with sincere thanks to McNally and level-headed pointers to the way forward. Do posters really expect or want Churchillian rhetoric? Now that would be spin. Some posters need to get past Balls'' politics and treat his actions as NCFC chairman on their merits.[/quote]I''d question that, especially the sincere thanks part.  How can one know whether it was sincere or not?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="hogesar"]Good. We''ve basically invested in the development and training of Alex Neil. Would be stupid to let some other Championship club benefit from it.[/quote] It was a perfectly sensible interview, with sincere thanks to McNally and level-headed pointers to the way forward. Do posters really expect or want Churchillian rhetoric? Now that would be spin. Some posters need to get past Balls'' politics and treat his actions as NCFC chairman on their merits.[/quote]I''d question that, especially the sincere thanks part.  How can one know whether it was sincere or not?[/quote]The same logic being used by someone presuming he wasn''t sincere?Deciding whether or not you are going to like it, before he even opens his mouth?

On what criteria does old Balls Up claim AN to be one of the best young managers in English football?

He is certainly young so falls into the young manager category but that doesn''t make him one of the best.

He won promotion through the play-offs albeit it with arguably the best squad in the Championship that season. Next season we''ll find out if that was a half-season wonder or not.

I am not suggesting that AN be sacked however I feel he has been found wanting this season at Premier League level. Hopefully he will have us performing well next season and if we return to the Premier League he will use his experiences from this season to our benefit next time around.

Are people basing how they feel about this, based on what their opinion of Ed Balls, Politician, is?

What worries me is Alex Neil is effectively on trial now.

If he puts one foot wrong this season or start of next season the knives will be out. BIG time!

He''s clearly got talent and in my eyes has been let down by players this year. I''d keep him and see what he can do especially with HOPEFULLY a good fresh, ambitious CEO.

Reality is. He draws a game next year and it''ll be "go and get lambert!"

[quote user="morty"]Are people basing how they feel about this, based on what their opinion of Ed Balls, Politician, is?
[/quote]

Sadly they are and they''ll never change.

“It’s been a really tough few days,” he said. “It was disappointing after Saturday. The players gave their all.

Really ED players gave thier all well they didn''t play like it was the most important game of the season !

This is not over,” he said. “The players absolutely up for it, as is the manager. We need a cauldron at Carrow Road against Watford to give us a chance.”

so why have to players and manager not been up for the last four games !! then we wouldn''t be in this mess !

[quote user="norfolkngood"]“It’s been a really tough few days,” he said. “It was disappointing after Saturday. The players gave their all.

Really ED players gave thier all well they didn''t play like it was the most important game of the season !

This is not over,” he said. “The players absolutely up for it, as is the manager. We need a cauldron at Carrow Road against Watford to give us a chance.”

so why have to players and manager not been up for the last four games !! then we wouldn''t be in this mess ![/quote]Have you watched the last four games?I would say "not quite good enough" is more appropriate than "not been up for".

What utter nonsense!

AN has FAILED as a PREMIERSHIP MANAGER.

In my view, if we get relegated he should be SACKED immediately.

The Board are very naïve and part of the failing is down to the fact that they want FRIENDS and CLIQUES in the club.

AN should accept the fact that he has FAILED and should swiftly move back to Scotland where he came from!!!!!

Wonder if George Osborne had been a Committed Canary Fan and was unable to be re-elected as a politician......and with time on his hands, offered his services to the majority shareholding duo in some capacity, supposedly without payment (non-gratis) would they even consider him?........Nope, can''t think why, obviously nothing to do with Politics.......It would probably be because he doesn''t meet the job description criteria and has little experience.....

Likewise the most excellent appointment to the board of Nephew Tom (ex civil servant). Who is given a position on the board, and certainly not because of nepotism, but due to the fact that he has something incredible to offer the club......?

Hey Ho.......Roll on Summer........and, Roll on Deodorant.....

The two things which have surprised me are

1 the Board statement didn''t accept McNally''s resignation ''with regret''. That''s usually a sign of some dissent around the Board table - or, alternatively, of an unprofessional Board which doesn''t understand that getting the protocol of these things wrong risks sending out misleading messages (E Balls'' smirk in interviews doesn''t help either). And

2 any self-respecting and genuinely professional Board will have a succession plan in place for key roles such as CEO, Chairman and Finance Director. Whilst the Board may not have been expecting McNally''s resignation, stuff still happens (serious illness, accidents etc) which means that they have some possibilities to consider for the key positions straightaway, about which they have thought calmly in the cool light of day, rather than on Monday in the heat and panic of the moment.

Nothing I''ve seen or heard in the last 48 hours fills me with confidence that this Board is anything like as professional as it should be. I fear they will snatch at the first passing CEO that Delia takes a fancy to - just to ''reassure'' the fans that they''ve acted quickly and decisively and that the necessary ins and outs during the transfer window will not be compromised (as last year).

Apart from McNally, there was/is absolutely no footballing knowledge or experience around that Board table. Instead, it''s been systematically filled with Delia''s chums, family and place men.

McNally will be missed far more than some folk realise - including the Board.