Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Anyone else think RVW should be given a proper opportunity next season?

Yes, we all know what Ricky hasn''t done on the field in a Norwich shirt - take gilt edged chances. It was almost unbelievable how he only scored one goal in his debut season when you look at all those glaring misses.

He has been out on loan for two seasons now and although he hasn''t exactly set new goal scoring records, the experiences of playing abroad at top level recognised clubs may just have made him a better player.

Though you probably think I may be insane, here is my real point - He has only ever played in the top flight of the country''s he has played in. He has never played in a second tier and we all know the difference between the Prem and the Champ. Even Cam Jam scored a hat full in the Champ last season.

I would just like to see him given a chance.

Why?
He offers less than Jerome, less than Grabban even, and we couldn''t wait to get rid of him.
He couldn''t even get into St Etienne''s team towards the latter stages which was understandable considering his poor goalscoring record which this season has turned atrociously bad.
I mean, in a season where none of our strikers have been good enough, both Jerome and Mbokani have scored more than he has, in a tougher league in a struggling team.

Absolutely not. Had more than enough chances, here and elsewhere and the only thing he''s shown so far is that he''s not up to it.

His contract runs out in Jul 2017. So we are talking one more year before he will probably leave on a free - 8.5mil flushed away like a turd.

What is the harm of giving his a few games to find out whether or not he has the ability to find the net in the Champ?

Problem is though, what do we do with him.Can''t see anyone wanting to pay even part of his wages on loan given what he''s done, or not done, in France or Spain.Unlikely that anybody is going to come in and buy him and certainly not for any serious amount of money.Unlikely to be welcomed back into the fold here so there are not too many options other than perhaps a years gardening leave.But then again he might not be any good at gardening either

Nothing against in him doing a full pre season with us, same as he did last season. But I suspect Alex Neil''s opinion of him will be the same again.

No he lost all confidence in himself during his time here. The robust championship is no place for a lost deer, and if we do miraculously stay up he''s not good enough for this league. If we sell him for £1m then we''ve done the best thing; I can''t see many clubs wanting to pay £40k a week for him.

If he has bulked out, grown three inches, gained a yard in pace , and can now finish why not?. Otherwise I think we are about to see he doesn''t even suit the Championship let alone the Prem.

PS is it me or these a whiff of bin around "canaryfan"

What are our striking options next year?

With Mbokani and Bamford going back that leaves us with..

Jerome, Lafferty, Naismith, Loza, Morris and RVW

If we don''t recruit anyone else I have a horrible feeling he''ll be playing for us next season, perhaps there are a few championship goals in him?

Gus Poyet has been announced as the new Betis manager, Ricky will be on his way back to us for pre-season.

Just think he''s broken, beyond repair - at least as a goal threat. And if he''s not scoring goals, what use is he? He''s not a battler, he''s not a big man, he can only potentially blossom as a cog within a well oiled machine, somewhere like Arsenal. And that isn''t going to happen.

To play him correctly we''d have to throw such trust into his ability to come good and build a team around him, based on providers and a partner that he can work with up front - just too much of a risk when we could go out and buy a better (british?) forward who''s prepared to pull their sleeves up and fit into whatever system we play.

Where will he be then Jas? The only way he wont be here next season is if we terminate his contract. That obviously wont happen.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Where will he be then Jas? The only way he wont be here next season is if we terminate his contract. That obviously wont happen.[/quote]Why won''t it?

In ten years there will be people asking

"Whuy hent'' wee given'' tha wolfywinkels a proppa goo yet?"

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Why won''t what?[/quote]Why are you assuming we won''t terminate his contract?

Hey Morty, if you put in a good shift today you might reach a landmark 30,000 posts. If you keep up posting three word posts asking pointless questions like - why wont it? for example. You might just get there. Good luck! Thecanaryfan.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Hey Morty, if you put in a good shift today you might reach a landmark 30,000 posts. If you keep up posting three word posts asking pointless questions like - why wont it? for example. You might just get there. Good luck! Thecanaryfan.[/quote]Question too hard then?

well i think we may terminate his contract

if he is going to cost us Approx 2 mil for another year that he will not play might as well say here you go ricky here is 1 mil go find yourself another club

he is a free agent will recoup the 1 mill he lost from the deal with a signing on fee and everybody is happy

Absolutely, at least 10-12 matches at start of the season. Bamford is a similar build, hardly built like a tank, yet at Boro last season, he had a great time. Give Ricky a proper oppurtunity as the OP asks, i think he will score goals.But that wont happen, Alex seemed to not want him ar season start so, some club somewhere will have a punt on him. Plus most fans gave up on him seasons ago, as the comments here show.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]well i think we may terminate his contract

if he is going to cost us Approx 2 mil for another year that he will not play might as well say here you go ricky here is 1 mil go find yourself another club

he is a free agent will recoup the 1 mill he lost from the deal with a signing on fee and everybody is happy[/quote]I think that makes perfect sense, for both parties, Canaryfan seems to have another view, but is reluctant to expand on it.