Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Will Alex Neil be here next season?

My guess is he won''t . From his interview i''ve got a hunch a resignation might be on its way in the next couple of weeks. He certainly won''t be the first manager to walk away disillusioned with the NCFC board.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Punctuation has done you there, G&Y.

I''ll have to accept the first thing you said, which was hoping he would stay[/quote]

Pity you are unable to see th irony in it.

Yes in my opinion.

Fresh start, new season, knows the current players'' strengths & weaknesses, not afraid to make changes & decisions, full window to alter current squad to suit his playing philosophy, bigger fish in Championship with more money than most to work with, another year to gain experience in less difficult division, has already gained promotion from said division, clearly has the backing of vast majority of fans going by atmosphere in Carrow Road this evening despite circumstances, seemingly still has board''s backing, straight talker during media engagements (I like that!), favours passing and attacking approach (in theory!).

I still think that a shake-up of his coaching team / the people around him might freshen things up.

Whether or not we can hold onto the likes of Klose, Howson, Brady, Olsson, Tettey and Ruddy (I''m assuming Redmond is on his way), a few early wins and a bit of momentum through August & September will bring the positivity back. It certainly won''t be easy in a very competitive Championship but a top six finish could and should be well within reach. If we''re not there and thereabouts for the vast majority of next season, that would most likely be viewed as underachievement and AN would probably be getting his cards but I don''t think that will be the case.

"A lot has happened in the last week. At this moment I''m just trying

to come to terms with what''s happened on the pitch and where we find

ourselves.

"I want to sit down with the owners (Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones) and have a good chat with them.

"There''s a lot of soul searching and discussions to be had to decide which way the club is going to move forwards."

Well i bet after that chat he will feel like moving on .

I hope he is because he has now learned what the Premier League is all about and will be a better manager because of it !!!

Row D Seat 7 wrote the following post at 12/05/2016 12:25 AM:

@Gunthorpe - haha what a silly comment.

Love Pinkun Trolls with no views - keep it up well done, very interesting comments

Villa in particular are very much like us - doing everything on the cheap - lets see who they appoint

I''ll be absolutely devastated if he isn''t.

He''s a brilliant manager and I''d argue all day with anyone who disagree''s with that. He deserves our total support and I know our unbelievable away fans will support him in the next game. I can''t demand anything from you guys as you do a tremendous job as it is, but if you could make a point of really backing Neil away at the scumbag, classless scousers I''d absolutely love it.

He''s blaming himself for our relegation when very little of this is his fault. Please, please make our great young manager feel wanted and back him!

Sorry Ricky but i dont agree with a few things you are saying there, but i understand the sentiments coming from you. His honesty in the after match interviews shone through, but that does not mean my opinion on his performance as City manager will be softened. Far to early in his career to say he is a brilliant manager, indeed  i believe much of the season''s weaknesses and letdowns have come directly from his leadership, he recognises that. Of course the players themselves played their part to.But to his credit, i still believe the January window signings have given City a foundation to build upon, and the next 3 months will be interesting to see if Alex, if he does stay, can build upon that foundation, even thou we are Championship bound. He is certainly a likeable guy, thou i dont go as far as some have tonight with the love in for him. He would never find any set of fans as accomodating at a time of relegation in a desire for him to stay on as Canary fans are. Looking at the big picture, better for the club at this moment in time  that he stays.But we can see he  is going to do some soul searching, none of us can be sure what his final decision will be.

I''d hope what we saw yesterday against Watford was a foretaste of what is coming and not a swansong. Nonetheless, we can expect a tense summer of who''s going and who''s staying.

We need to keep him. He''s still learning, but he''s an up and coming manager. He''s already proved he can get us promoted. We''ll be strong in Champs.

If we lose him you can''t guarantee anyone will be successful. This guy knows how to be.

Ten games and see where the Club stands.

I originally thought that about Christmas would be the time to assess things but recent events have placed the Club in another era of uncertainty.

Neil could well become the consistent rock upon which our future success is based. He has exhibited enough failings though to not be given carte blanche if we do not hit the ground running next season.

Summer signings/dealings and the first games in the Chumps, which come thick and fast, will decide it for me.

Just heard that the Toon spent £80m to get relegated. It should make me feel slightly better, but it doesn''t.

quote user=" Green and Yellow"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Punctuation has done you there, G&Y.

I''ll have to accept the first thing you said, which was hoping he would stay[/quote]

Pity you are unable to see th irony in it.[/quote

Lol

I think AN was genuinly surprised to still have, pretty unanimously, the backing of the fans. Hopefully that helps him in his decision.

We wont get anyone better. 17 wins out of 25 in the championship? Think we will take that...