Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Atmosphere

Strange atmosphere in the ground today. There was a sense of real hope at the end of the game that we can get back up.

Strange though that everyone is so relaxed about it. Personally I''m surprised there wasn''t more anger in the ground. That also seems to be the gist of it on canary call.

They were relaxed about it because it''s been coming for so long everybody has been resigned to it for months.Keep calm and carry on

Agreed, seems like we were applauding relegation and everything will be a bed of roses next year. Really think we are now heading into a period of consolidation and rebuilding and promotion will be off for some time yet!

Perhaps the majority were glad McNally went?

Watching it from afar it seemed a very mature reaction that bodes well for the future.
The game was up before tonight''s activity so turning on the directors, manager or players would seem like faux rage.
Alex Neil spoke well on SSN and was very self-critical (as well as widening things out) - again that bodes well and any of his shortcomings this year are more unlikely to recur.  Nevertheless I do think there is likely to be a significant change in personnel, assuming we can offload easily and the aspirational move on.

The best reaction possible IMO. Backed the players and most importantly the manager. If we can keep most of the team together and bring in some improvements we have a good chance of doing well next year. If we had lost it might have been different but we played well tonight. Sadly just too little too late

The support for Alex Neil is loud the support for Alex Neil is clear. Feeling a tad emotional at the moment but I will just say that if anyone from the Board down to the ball boys doesn''t want to be here next season they can do one. OTBC

Inevitable outcome of poor recruitment last Summer. On the face of it - and we''re unlikely ever to know the real reasons - this is likely to be one of the key factors in McN''s decision to resign. So, the sting was taken out of the crowd. Indeed, we can see from the poll on this site that Neil is not being held culpable for our failure. Yes, we have been tactively naive at times and, yes, we''ve failed to turn up at key matches and, yes, Redmond should have played more matches but these factors are insignificant when compared to the August failure that meant us starting the season with both a championship defence and attack.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Perhaps the majority were glad McNally went?[/quote]Ive spoken to several fans tonight and not one of them was. In fact, most of them were surprised and disappointed.

Well it was nice to have the Carra rocking again tonight

Was a carnival feel about the place !

Thats a 7th relegation in my 40 yrs a City fan....and never have I ''enjoyed'' or at least come away feeling as upbeat and positive as I have today.

Lets hope we can keep the squad together over the summer and with the addition of some talented youngsters to blood next season the futures bright the futures Yellow !

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Strange atmosphere in the ground today. There was a sense of real hope at the end of the game that we can get back up.

Strange though that everyone is so relaxed about it. Personally I''m surprised there wasn''t more anger in the ground. That also seems to be the gist of it on canary call.[/quote]Because they are morons that probably don''t even go to games?So out of touch they have no idea? Like several on here?

Weird but tonight was refreshing. Whilst the performance meant nothing to our premier league safety it did raise spirits and once tbe Sunderland result was clear it was nice to feel part of a club with 27k fans that, despite everything, showed solidarity and support for the club they love.

And yes, im already looking forward to next season. Sue me.

[quote user="hogesar"]Weird but tonight was refreshing. Whilst the performance meant nothing to our premier league safety it did raise spirits and once tbe Sunderland result was clear it was nice to feel part of a club with 27k fans that, despite everything, showed solidarity and support for the club they love.

And yes, im already looking forward to next season. Sue me.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Perhaps the majority were glad McNally went?[/quote]

really I spoke to nobody that had that opinion, in fact the dead opposite.

All I spoke to mentioned the job he did here was so good he will probably have a big job as soon as he is allowed. Most considered this worse than relegation and hope that the manager and some players do not follow him.

[quote user="hogesar"]Weird but tonight was refreshing. Whilst the performance meant nothing to our premier league safety it did raise spirits and once tbe Sunderland result was clear it was nice to feel part of a club with 27k fans that, despite everything, showed solidarity and support for the club they love.

And yes, im already looking forward to next season. Sue me.[/quote]

Absolutely this! City til I die😊

4-45 a.m. Eastern Australian time early start to live tv from Carrow rd. Result of relegation a cost saving to Aussie followers of Norwich City as next season a new distributer of EPL takes over at considerable cost. Championship matches remain on existing pay tv. so we will still see city if not every match but certainly weekly highlights. Glad to see some of the obvious weak links left out of the team. Water under the bridge. Lets see a combination of youth and experience next season.

@we''ll be back, you missed the post about being ironic!

The fans were no different to the players - the pressure was off, past performances had already decided the future and we faced the inevitable with class, humour and pride. And we were winning

We need to do that when the times are tough too, but always easier to say than do.

This from the Telegraph :-''And so what followed was a most curious 45 minutes, as the home supporters did what all supporters do when all hope is lost: they sang. “Ipswich Town, we’re coming for you,” they roared, all of a sudden relishing the prospect of renewing parochial rivalries. The noise split the ears and warmed the heart. In those 45 minutes, Norwich’s fans reminded everyone that the best thing about supporting a football team is not winning, but belonging.''