Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Celia Sutton

Nigel Worthington poll

This is a tricky one. I''m not normally one for ousting managers at the first sign of trouble.

Problem is that this is not the first sign of trouble.

Weighing it all up, I would say give him ONE more game...and ONLY one more.

However, if I was forced to say stay or go today, I would vote for go.

[quote]This is not a scientific poll, it won''t represent all fans, but after some discussion, the Pink Un has decided to offer a poll on the home page on the future of Nigel Worthington.[/quote]

Yes, well done Celia and the web team, I for one applaud your decision.

Just a polite note - this isn''t a thread to post your views on Nigel Worthington, it was just a notification about the poll. There are plenty of other threads debating the issues. I''d rather you used them. If you don''t mind ...

Ta

hmm, i think there is a pretty clear win of votes.....

As I said - it''s not scientific. If you can be bothered, and have some time, I suppose you could fiddle it. But

a) We trust NCFC fans to behave responsibly, and

b) we can tell if there is a problem, and we''ll delete the poll and say why, and

c) what''s the point?

The tide is turning my friends, if even the loyal old Pink ''Un is asking this question. Worthington has retreated to his bunker as the allies close in. These are the last days of his reign, soon, we shall be free.

Can you please say on the website how many people have voted?  Currently (22.50 hrs on Saturday) it says that 90% want Mr W to go - but many votes is that? 

[quote]This is a tricky one. I''m not normally one for ousting managers at the first sign of trouble. Problem is that this is not the first sign of trouble. Weighing it all up, I would say give him ONE more...[/quote]

First sign of trouble ?

Yeah right, everything''s been absolutely fantastic since August 2004.

Where have you been for the last 18 months ?

Have you only just noticed that there''s a bit of a problem here ?

The Club is generally so well run, in marked contrast to what I have often known over sixty years, that I would hesitate to advocate hasty measures, BUT...Managers in the end live or die by their results. I would say give a little more time for injuries to resolve themselves and then, the results must improve or else. There is a moment to "think the unthinkable".

[quote]Just under 1000 votes cast as of 10.30am Sunday. Can I urge you all to respect the poll, and if you can work out a way of fiddling it, please don''t![/quote]

What if we feel really strongly about it? I mean if I feel 10x as strongly about it as the average poster, shouldn''t I have 10 votes in order to accurately reflect the depth of feeling?

[Moderator: No]

[quote]Just under 1000 votes cast as of 10.30am Sunday. Can I urge you all to respect the poll, and if you can work out a way of fiddling it, please don''t![/quote]

Isn''t there quite a strong possibility that Ipswich fans will try to rig the vote too though?  Surely us being able to vote several times would balance this out?

Dd and Bunny, maybe it''s the fact that not everybody (maybe not the majority?) sees things your way, we have been asked to respect the poll why can''t you just handle the facts that we don''t all think that the manager is the problem?

Surely Ipswich have enough problems of their own not to worry about us.

With over a 1,000 votes and 91% saying out maybe the Board will take notice?

As for Ispwich Fans voting - surely they will only vote for Worthington to stay which makes the "no" vote even more convincing.

[quote]How many people have voted in the Poll ?[/quote]

I was going to ask the same thing.  Before I went to bed last night it was over 90%.  Now it has dipped to 88.64%.  Still, I''m sure you''ll agree, on overwhelming figure