And so what followed was a most

curious 45 minutes, as the home supporters did what all supporters do

when all hope is lost: they sang. “Ipswich Town, we’re coming for you,”

they roared, all of a sudden relishing the prospect of renewing

parochial rivalries. After that one ended, they broke out “City till I

die”. The noise split the ears and warmed the heart. In those 45

minutes, Norwich’s fans reminded everyone that the best thing about

supporting a football team is not winning, but belonging.Daily Telegraph

brill.......... so very proud. that''s what it is all about. good money every week, clap them off the pitch. what a load of crap. I was def not clapping

[quote user="itsnowornever"]brill.......... so very proud. that''s what it is all about. good money every week, clap them off the pitch. what a load of crap. I was def not clapping[/quote]

Sometimes you just have to make the best of the situation and try and enjoy life for what it is 😉

I''m proud of my club and fans, don''t understand why any fan would think differently?

Totally agree Morty.

I felt proud to be a City fan tonight. Why after we had just been relegated?

Simple, the togetherness and support was phenomenal - something that people just can''t grasp. Unless the club goes out of business I will be there in August - as I have for many years - cheering them on.

Proud to support ncfc. But this is why we will never progress. Small time fans allow small time board to get away with it

I love this football club and what happened yesterday around the 60min mark warmed my heart it really did. It was just a beautiful statement that we, as a fanbase, are not defined by our league position but by our love for the club.

I can''t wait to do it all over again.

Couldn''t be there due to work commitments but the NBC commentator made a point of us selling out home games even when we were in Championship/League One. Goes to show some of them aren''t biaised and give an honest account of a team and it''s history.

Really hoping a lot of players will stay at least until the new year and we have a fantastic start to the new season at the top of the table.

Like others have said I''m proud to be a City fan and we are gonna have a party on Sunday starting on the train up from London to Merseyside.

OTBC!!!

Moments like that hit you in the heart, shame we weren''t given the same feeling after the Sunderland game.

Whilst this was a nice touch in many ways, I can''t see too many fans of other clubs basically ''celebrating'' relegation. Villa and Newcastle fans? No chance!

It''s the kind of thing that tends to happen when a club has achieved beyond its means and the next level proves just too much. Everyone is happy with the journey they''ve been on and are pleased they gave it a damn good go but came up a little short.

This isn''t what''s happened here, our ambition was to stay up and over the course of the season, we should''ve done. I don''t think we gave it a damn good go, certainly not in the second half of the season.

We know we''re pretty sure to be coming straight back up so why be too despondent. We will always be a yo-yo club and realistic fans accept that.

I look forward to exciting football and another promotion season under Alex Neil rather than another Prem relegation battle !!

I hope we can keep Mbokane though. He would be cheaper than a new signing and would score loads at Champs level.

[quote user="paul moy"]We know we''re pretty sure to be coming straight back up so why be too despondent. We will always be a yo-yo club and realistic fans accept that.

I look forward to exciting football and another promotion season under Alex Neil rather than another Prem relegation battle !!

I hope we can keep Mbokane though. He would be cheaper than a new signing
and would score loads at Champs level.[/quote]I''m not sure that''s true. I hear he''s on somewhere between £50k and £80k per week. I don''t think we''ll be paying anyone that in the Championship.

Clint''s post is spot on.

I''m proud of our club and will support it whatever.

But I''m bitterly disappointed that we have been relegated. We are not an MK Dons bravely tackling the larger clubs, a plucky underdog who had their moment and the inevitable happened.

There is a hell of a lot of competition amongst some very big and peer clubs who covet being in the Prem. The hard work was done and we got there.

But we have pretty much thrown it away. A combination of factors, including the manager who must take his share of the blame in this debacle.

Change is clearly needed. And for me the first change is the culture and the mindset. We are unlikely ever to establish our selves with the easy-option over sentimental plucky underdog mentality. Time after time it happens, whether cheap and inexperienced managers or bit part upper Champs players. Heavens even the facilities at Colney are now described as being tired.

We can celebrate our togetherness, but that is a different issue from tolerating failure.We had a chance this season to cement our place at the top table. We failed and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="paul moy"]We know we''re pretty sure to be coming straight back up so why be too despondent. We will always be a yo-yo club and realistic fans accept that.

and would score loads at Champs level.[/quote]I''m not sure that''s true. I hear he''s on somewhere between £50k and £80k per week. I don''t think we''ll be paying anyone that in the Championship.[/quote]

I''ve read that we should spend 12 million quid on a forward. 50K a week is around 2.5 million a year wages and if the fee is 5 million that would be under 10 million (including employment taxes).

For that we get a proven goalscoring forward rather than taking a big risk.

Never been prouder to be a ncfc fan than I was last night, the fans were brilliant especially the Barclay/Snakepit who led the way.

We''re down but this club is by no means out

Good to see they turned up at last after so many games without atmosphere must be the clappers. Great time to prove you are the best supporters in the world as relegation looms.

I support the club financially not vocally so probably not one of the best.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="paul moy"]We know we''re pretty sure to be coming straight back up so why be too despondent. We will always be a yo-yo club and realistic fans accept that.

and would score loads at Champs level.[/quote]I''m not sure that''s true. I hear he''s on somewhere between £50k and £80k per week. I don''t think we''ll be paying anyone that in the Championship.[/quote]

I''ve read that we should spend 12 million quid on a forward. 50K a week is around 2.5 million a year wages and if the fee is 5 million that would be under 10 million (including employment taxes).

For that we get a proven goalscoring forward rather than taking a big risk.[/quote]Is Mbokani a proven goal scorer though? I''d say the lower risk would be the guy who scored 21 goals in the same league we''ll be in next season rather than the guy who scored 7 in the premier league. I agree McCormick is expensive though.For the record, I don''t think we''ll do neither. We were flat out paying 50k per week in the Premier League. We''re not going to do it in the Championship.