Sign in to follow this  
pete

Will he, Won't he

Alex Neil''s veiled threats that he may leave is just posturing, after the reception AN got last night makes it almost impossible for the Board to let him leave. It''s Alex clearly making it known that he needs support from the Board especially in the transfer market and money needs to be spent.

If it is not the case this would be a career threatening for AN where could he go? Yes back to Hamilton but this shows little ambition, cannot see where else he could go.

Hope this works as squad needs serious investment and possibly even more if better players leave this summer.

It''s a mark of how honourable he is as a man that he took responsibility for his actions. He''s made it clear, at least to me, he''d stay but he''s not counting his chickens. He realises and appreciates that relegation is not acceptable and his role in it needs to be assessed as much as any others.

Whatever happens he has the vast majority of support from the NCFC fanbase.

I like AN very much as a manager, but I have a sneaking suspicion that he won''t be here next season (for whatever reason).

Apples

He''s certainly who I''d like to keep in charge, he reminds me a little of Lambert or dare I say it O''Neil in that I think he wants the board to give him what he wants in order to be successful. Whilst he feels partly responsible, he made it clear he feels lack of investment in the playing squad is largely to blame - which we all know anyway. But the board will have to respond to that if they want to keep him at the club and I certainly would like to think they''ll give him the players he wants. Give us at least one more year AN if the board accept your demands, and I''ll eat my hat if you don''t lead us to promotion again

He is far from the complete package and on occasions i have been quite critical of him but we need stability at the moment and whilst he is not the best neither is he the worst either and is capable of doing a good job next season. It seems this season has taken a lot out of him and perhaps made him realize that he is not infallible so he could come back from this stronger and better. He would be silly to walk away as he would struggle to manage a club of our stature at the moment. He needs to rebuild our club and thereby his reputation

Funnily enough, I didn''t see any "veiled threats", I saw a man who was honest enough to hold his hands up, and not presumptuous enough to assume he wouldn''t lose his job over it. 

Whatever your views on the guy I think his frankness and honesty is clear for everyone to see. I certainly didn''t see any threats in what he said - just called it as he saw it.

He could have unloaded on the board, players.

Nope, took the burden himself.

Doesn''t make him weak, makes him honest.

He knows that honesty will win him the fans

Just, for the love of God, back him!