Sign in to follow this  
Chris MacDonald

Commitment????

One Question Mr Worthington would you like to see Norwich City promoted or relegated?

If relegation features in your plans leave things as they are.

If you want to finish in the play offs or dare I say it the two automatic promotion slots change the formation, stop playing players out of position, get some new coaching staff, and teach the Players  to play for 90 minutes and have the commitment and verve of actually wanting to play football, and look nearer to home. The Academy!!!!

I went to the home reserve game on Wednesday night against Leicester City and it was a joy to watch especially the commitment shown by the players.......The First Team should sit up and take note.

The Luton fiasco was Absolutely Rubbish There is no excuse for the 4 goals in; what was it 26 Minutes.

No wonder we are the laughing stock of the Division. With the remarks of Mr Ian Holloway on LBC Radio and I bet he is not the only one who is laughing at us.

So all in all I think it is time for you to go Mr Worthington.

Chris  

[quote]One Question Mr Worthington would you like to see Norwich City promoted or relegated? If relegation features in your plans leave things as they are. If you want to finish in the play offs or dare I...[/quote]

What a idiot holloway will look after 90 mins on sat.By the way if you had gone to luton on tue you could have seen the reserves again.Because it certainly was not our preferred eleven or 6 come to that.

[quote]One Question Mr Worthington would you like to see Norwich City promoted or relegated? If relegation features in your plans leave things as they are. If you want to finish in the play offs or dare I...[/quote]

One thing Worthy can not be doubted on is his committment - he does have a desire to do well and expects that from his team above all else.

His commitment is not in doubt, not from me at least - it is all about his ability to deliver results.

OTBC

So Chris, how would you avoid playing players out of position in midfield for instance, when Hughes, Marney and Safri are all out? With players out of position, a change of formation to try and play to the strengths of the players you do have in there is perfectly feasible. The manager used to get slated for rigidly sticking to 4-4-2, now he''s getting stick for changing it!Tell you what, get your advice in a letter addressed to Mr Worthington so he sees it. And when you''ve done that, why not do a service to football and send your pearls of wisdom to other managers whos teams are struggling because i''m sure they''d see a dramatic turn around in their team''s fortunes once they,"change the formation, stop playing players out of position, get some new coaching staff, and teach the Players to play for 90 minutes...""Teach" the players to play for 90 minutes! I love that! Worthy, Steve Bruce, David Moyes, Dario Gradi etc will be kicking themselves that they never thought of that before! Imagine...Right, settle down class, quiet at the back, today''s lesson, "Playing for 90 minutes."In the next game, what i''d like you all to do is; play for 90 minutes, that''s the whole game, but with a little break in the middle. Can you do that for me? That''s grand!

[quote]What a idiot holloway will look after 90 mins on sat.By the way if you had gone to luton on tue you could have seen the reserves again.Because it certainly was not our preferred eleven or 6 come to th...[/quote]

Because it certainly was not our preferred eleven or 6 come to that.

Green, Colin, the Doc, Davenport, Brennan, Huckerby, McVeigh, Ashton, Hughes, Henderson

Yeh really our "reserves" mate! Charlie was the only non regular in the team!!!!!

[quote]So Chris, how would you avoid playing players out of position in midfield for instance, when Hughes, Marney and Safri are all out? With players out of position, a change of formation to try and play t...[/quote]

Are Mssrs Hughes, Marney and Safri Indispensible to the Team? Bear in mind Hughes played against Luton, he wasnt injured. So worthy in his eternal Wisdom plays a left back alongside Hughes rather than a midfielder who he conveniantly leaves on the Bench - Jason Jarrett.

Ok, Jarrett hasnt made the best of starts to his Canary Career but he is a central midfielder, and he must be pretty fed up playing second fiddle to an ageing left back who has been thrown in the deep end. Also, Jarrett must be fuming to see Charlton getting skinned every week out of position when Jarrett himself could perhaps have coped with the situation himself in his natural position. 

What is your opinion of letting in 4 goals in 37 minutes (i correct my error in an earlier post), with these players out of position? Also, what is your opinion of Worthington not bothering to make any form of change until the game has been won by Luton?

as for Steve Bruce and David Moyes, they are both managing in the premiership, and Dario Gradi has been at crewe for over 20 years, something Nigel Worthington WONT Acheive. Its also worth noting that teams like Everton, Crewe and Birmingham do attack for the full game. Everton arent having the rub of the green this season, but Birmingham are doing ok and this is because their managers can motivate and get them to attack... and before you start lets remember Steve Bruce was a Defender, just like Worthington, the only difference is that Brucey knows that to win games you have to play for the full 90.. not 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there.

Also, all 3 managers arent afraid to criticise their team and not try and cover up their own misgivings or make excuses for poor play... Remember it was David Moyes who substituted Gravesen when he first became manager of the Toffees then had a go at him on the touch line, he also criticises both himself and his players when need be on TV.. As does Bruce and Super Dario.

Not like Worthy who "cant fault his players for their efforts today" completely failing to see their capitulation against a team who are enjoying early season form (Luton), and will be in the relegation fight, along with Norwich, This season once the bubble bursts.

Chris

[quote]So Chris, how would you avoid playing players out of position in midfield for instance, when Hughes, Marney and Safri are all out? With players out of position, a change of formation to try and play t...[/quote]

I rest my case

Sent the letter by Red Star for next days delivery  but the way things are going Worthy will be probably be gone by the time it gets there.......Here''s hoping.

Worthington Out

Burley IN it would be nice.

or Ian Holloway.

Any Manager who does not suffer fools gladly.....Someone in the mould of the Bill Shankly, Brian Clough and George Graham to name but three. 

Chris

[quote]I rest my case Sent the letter by Red Star for next days delivery but the way things are going Worthy will be probably be gone by the time it gets there.......Here''s hoping. Worthington Out Bur...[/quote]

what a tube!!

Why is it that the only one you are prepared to criticise is Worthington. They players are presumably beyond criticism are they??

I''ll agree that its the managers responsibility to motivate and coach the players so that they go out on to the pitch and put in a performance. However, theres not a fat lot the manager can do if virtually the whole starting 11 put in a performance worthy of Local Sunday pub league. He can only replace 3 of them.

I agree that the ''magic'' touch Worthington has had in the past is missing at present but he''s not the only one who''s lost it.

Singling out Worthy is ridiculous and you''re a stereotype for doing so.

I read with dismay the comments of a1canary & alwaystravelling.....and, incidentally, Andy Hughes, who reckons we are "the best team in the division".

It is precisely this "head in the sand"" attitude that will see us relegated - either that or you''re all on drugs.

I was at Luton, and the performance of the team, and of Charlton and Henderson in particular, were pathetic, despite what you might have read in the press.
I could not believe it when both players started again against QPR. It''s like sticking your finger in an electric socket, getting a shock and then doing it all over again. Even a laboratory rat would learn from the experience.

Let''s hope Delia & the Board prove to be true Canaries, not Ostriches like
Worthy and his backers, and act now.

Message to the Board: Please thank Worthy nicely for all his efforts but replace him with a laboratory rat before further damage is done.

you rest your case do you? what exactly do you read with dismay hairy? i really can''t stand this childish "told you so" attitude that goes round on here. i could just as easily come on and gloat and say the same the next time we win.

if anything, the continued poor performances only strengthen my point - that your ridiculous ''advice'' to worthy to do things like "teach the players to play for 90 minutes" is simplistic to say the least. You really think he doesn''t know that''s needed? If any manager knew how to do that then no team would ever go through a bad spell.