Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Gobsmacked at last night

Against a team clearly on their summer holidays we let in yet another two woeful goals then proceeded to celibate a season of total failure with songs prasing the manager.

To celibate failure in such a way was to me shocking. The club has made an arse of itself yet again with the timing of the McNally debacle and quite frankly the acceptance of our fate in such a timid way by the fans is a horrifying. Let down again by our inability to compete in the transfer market coupled with some very dubious tactics across the season.

If I''m the only one who feels like this then maybe I''m the one with a problem but I do feel it.

Celibate failure?

So basically because Norwich have gone done no one connected with the club is allowed to have sexual relations? Seems a bit harsh to me.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Against a team clearly on their summer holidays we let in yet another two woeful goals then proceeded to celibate a season of total failure with songs prasing the manager. To celibate failure in such a way was to me shocking. The club has made an arse of itself yet again with the timing of the McNally debacle and quite frankly the acceptance of our fate in such a timid way by the fans is a horrifying. Let down again by our inability to compete in the transfer market coupled with some very dubious tactics across the season. If I''m the only one who feels like this then maybe I''m the one with a problem but I do feel it.[/quote]

So you''re not coming to any more games then.

It was a good performance in a very strange atmosphere. The crowd were fully committed to the team and manager and on occasions you could be excused for thinking we had just got promoted. whilst lots of things have gone wrong this season there is still an enormous amount that is good about this club and i am sure we will consolidate and have better days ahead in the next few seasons

"acceptance of our fate in such a timid way"

What would you have liked the fans to do? Boo lots? Stamp their feet? Pitch invasion with pitchforks and torches? Hound the manager and any remaining players out of the club?

Utter **** of a season, but if we want to kick on next year then it''s important to move on.

[quote user="Ian"]"acceptance of our fate in such a timid way"

What would you have liked the fans to do? Boo lots? Stamp their feet? Pitch invasion with pitchforks and torches? Hound the manager and any remaining players out of the club?

Utter **** of a season, but if we want to kick on next year then it''s important to move on.[/quote]
This. Why dwell on the past, it''s done, let''s focus on our future, starting with getting in the right CEO as soon as possible. Then we need to back AN properly make sure the bulk of our in''s and out''s are done sooner rather than later.

I''ve seen a lot of this type of criticism about our fans support last night. I didnt notice the critics at the time though. So I can only assume the critics were the timid ones on the night....

...or not even there Nutty.

We are all hurting, but as has been said above it''s now history. We all showed last night that we will move on and support our club...

As above. Yeah we screwed up this season but it''s over now so no point crying over spilt milk. I like 27000 others will still be supporting our team next season like I have for the last 40 seasons regardless of how the season ends. It''s in my blood.

Last night was not what I expected. The fans were phenomenal. Yes, the team decided to turn it on when we were already pretty much relegated, but it just showed for me that whilst the players have tried this season, they are just not good enough at this level. Why boo that? The level of performance last night was not something this group of players were capable of sustaining. Again, why boo that? What would it achieve? The club know its not done enough this season, in every department. Alex Neil admitted as much. McNally''s resignation was an admission of this too. They don''t need boos and pathetic chants from angry, confused, lost teenagers to reinforce that.About 5,000 fans stayed behind to clap Man City around the pitch on Sunday and they''ll finish 4th/5th this season. I''d say around 15,000 stayed behind to clap our team and manager off the pitch last night, after finishing 18th/19th. To the OP, you''re quite right, this is a reflection of the fans. It''s called loyalty, mate. You support the club, not the league they''re in!

Completely agree. No other club would react this way. People seem happy to be back in the championship and play Ipswich. I never give that club a second thought. They have become irrelevant. It was embarrassing last night. Do people have short memories. Those players have pretty much let us down all season and there people are cheering and applauding. Where was Redmond all season? He''s garbage. Hasn''t improved in 3 years. He only played last night for the first 45. The board must be laughing. We are all mugs. Even in league 1 we were getting 25k fans. The board know this and take it for granted. The Scottish guy on canary call hit every nail on the head last night. We are little old Norwich and just happy to make up the numbers in the premier league. We signed bugger all in the summer and that is what has cost us. I don''t get why our fans settle for mediocrity and applaud failure. Baffling.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Against a team clearly on their summer holidays we let in yet another two woeful goals then proceeded to celibate a season of total failure with songs prasing the manager.

To celibate failure in such a way was to me shocking. The club has made an arse of itself yet again with the timing of the McNally debacle and quite frankly the acceptance of our fate in such a timid way by the fans is a horrifying. Let down again by our inability to compete in the transfer market coupled with some very dubious tactics across the season.

If I''m the only one who feels like this then maybe I''m the one with a problem but I do feel it.[/quote]You''re talking out of your R''s

Agreed, no other club in the land would celebrate relegation quite like our fans did last night. Quite frankly it''s embarrassing and epitomises everything wrong with the attitude of the club as a whole. Are we back to Costa del Colney? Too right we bloody are.

If the fans aren''t going to be gutted by relegation and letting their feelings known to the players and management''s performance this season (or lack of, should I say) then why should they care enough to put it right?

Completely agree. No other club would react this way. People seem happy to be back in the championship and play Ipswich. I never give that club a second thought. They have become irrelevant. It was embarrassing last night. Do people have short memories. Those players have pretty much let us down all season and there people are cheering and applauding. Where was Redmond all season? He''s garbage. Hasn''t improved in 3 years. He only played last night for the first 45. The board must be laughing. We are all mugs. Even in league 1 we were getting 25k fans. The board know this and take it for granted. The Scottish guy on canary call hit every nail on the head last night. We are little old Norwich and just happy to make up the numbers in the premier league. We signed ** all in the summer and that is what has cost us. I don''t get why our fans settle for mediocrity and applaud failure. Baffling.

exactly how i feel how AN has got away with this is beyond me some are still calling him one of the brightest young managers in british football what rubbish

hate him all you like but eddie howe played this season perfectly

People who are complaining about how us fans reacted at Carrow Road last night, get out of your armchairs, switch your radios to Radio Suffolk and go and support that blue s  hite heap down the road. All the best!

So why didn''t the critics make their feelings known last night? What''s the point of happy clapping in the stadium and then going to the nearest phone box to morph into Supermoan just to make faceless posts on social media. You surely have to admit that''s pretty lame...

i wont get it a argument over opinions as there is never a winner

but you clapped last night because you were happy with the season and effort put in by the players ?

i wasn''t so i didn''t clap i felt that the club as a whole has failed in getting the biggest pay day it would ever get and grow as a club

for any professional football club not be prepared for this season like we were was a shambles

like i said i respect your opinion nobody sees two things alike

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Agreed, no other club in the land would celebrate relegation quite like our fans did last night. Quite frankly it''s embarrassing and epitomises everything wrong with the attitude of the club as a whole. Are we back to Costa del Colney? Too right we bloody are.

If the fans aren''t going to be gutted by relegation and letting their feelings known to the players and management''s performance this season (or lack of, should I say) then why should they care enough to put it right?[/quote]
Haha, yeah alright.
I think you''ll find most grown men (as oppose to toys-out-the-pram pansies) had pretty much already dealt with the fact relegation was on the cards a few games ago.
Then, those of us that actually attended last night saw the team put in a good performance. We saw the manager hurting, the players hurting, the fans were hurting. But I, along with others, realised they''ve given what they''ve got. They''ve made mistakes. They''ve admitted to that. But we had a good time last night and the only people criticising our fans are so called "fans" like yourself. The national media has had nothing but praise for us.

Well, I can see both sides here and from my point of view, I was happy to cheer my team on to victory last night, but chose not to stay at the final whistle and applaud the players for their efforts this season. Cant quite get my head around a form of celebrating failure,.....

Next year will be my 50th season going to Carrow Road. In that time there''s been lots of disappointing seasons where the fans have wanted to hold the club to account. We had the disgraceful zigger zagger chanting at Watling. Then we had no Reeves, no future, no fans at South. Then we had the where''s the money gone protests and police horse battles against Chase. Even in more recent years we''ve seen protests directed at Worthy, Roeder and the board. But now there''s not a peep of discontent in the stands just attacks on other fans on social media. I said it was lame but really it''s pathetic.

="lappinitup ''You''re talking out of your R''s''

😂

Btw SHAME on you supporters that supported last night - what the hell were you all thinking of?!. Thick and thin folks, thick and thin 👍

So you were at the game then norfolkngood?

What I got from it was a lot of frustration from the fans that we haven''t had many other similar performances this season when obviously capable of it, but also a lot of gallows humour. It was also funny to watch the confusion on the Watford fans'' faces as they tried to get a rise out of us.

Initially, I felt that there was a chance that we might not be down (so wanted to encourage the team), but by the time it was obvious we had gone I personally felt that booing and castigating the players and managerial team would have had absolutely zero benefit.

In my opinion, it''s the time to stick together rather than implode, and as such I joined in a lot of the chants during the match. It also seems like the reaction of the crowd has humbled and shamed a lot of the players, so probably had more effect than boos would have done.

I also left about 30 seconds before the end, because I had absolutely no desire to stay for a "lap of honour" when the team had so badly failed over the course of season.

Yes I was there you mug. I''m always there. I walked straight out at final whistle. My and other peoples point is. What were the rest of the fans clapping about? Relegation? The inept board? Or the players who fell short yet again??

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]Agreed, no other club in the land would celebrate relegation quite like our fans did last night. Quite frankly it''s embarrassing and epitomises everything wrong with the attitude of the club as a whole. Are we back to Costa del Colney? Too right we bloody are. If the fans aren''t going to be gutted by relegation and letting their feelings known to the players and management''s performance this season (or lack of, should I say) then why should they care enough to put it right?[/quote]

Haha, yeah alright.

I think you''ll find most grown men (as oppose to toys-out-the-pram pansies) had pretty much already dealt with the fact relegation was on the cards a few games ago.

Then, those of us that actually attended last night saw the team put in a good performance. We saw the manager hurting, the players hurting, the fans were hurting. But I, along with others, realised they''ve given what they''ve got. They''ve made mistakes. They''ve admitted to that. But we had a good time last night and the only people criticising our fans are so called "fans" like yourself. The national media has had nothing but praise for us.

[/quote]

I''m glad you had a good time celebrating failure. But as long as the media say nice stuff about nice little Norwich, then it''s all good isn''t it?

Pathetic.

norfolkngood wrote the following post at 12/05/2016 12:35 PM:

Completely agree. No other club would react this way. People seem

happy to be back in the championship and play Ipswich. I never give that

club a second thought. They have become irrelevant. It was embarrassing

last night. Do people have short memories. Those players have pretty

much let us down all season and there people are cheering and

applauding. Where was Redmond all season? He''s garbage. Hasn''t improved

in 3 years. He only played last night for the first 45. The board must

be laughing. We are all mugs. Even in league 1 we were getting 25k fans.

The board know this and take it for granted. The Scottish guy on canary

call hit every nail on the head last night. We are little old Norwich

and just happy to make up the numbers in the premier league. We signed

** all in the summer and that is what has cost us. I don''t get why our

fans settle for mediocrity and applaud failure. Baffling.

exactly how i feel how AN has got away with this is beyond me some

are still calling him one of the brightest young managers in british

football what rubbish

hate him all you like but eddie howe played this season perfectly

The only baffling thing in your post are your rediculouse comments. Go and post you negative views elsewhere - you clearly are not a genuine Norwich fanIf you were you would understand what last night was all aboutWhat a sadoo ????????????

Lol @ alex_ncfc. Either a troll, or a very unhappy person.

Do you remember the time that football wasn''t always about being rich and competing with the big boys, but about being part of a community - a feeling of identity if you will? Oh, and actually being entertained?