Sign in to follow this  
Dr Zeuss

Paul Lambert in directors box last night?

A fan who sits near the directors box is adamant that Paul Lambert was sitting near Delia for the Watford game. I had no reason to doubt him but would have thought by now the story would have made it onto social media or EDP/Pinkun at very least. Especially as there seemed to be an exceptionally large number of telephoto lenses pointing in that direction just before kick off.

Anyone else aware of this?

[quote user="Dr Zeuss"]A fan who sits near the directors box is adamant that Paul Lambert was sitting near Delia for the Watford game. I had no reason to doubt him but would have thought by now the story would have made it onto social media or EDP/Pinkun at very least. Especially as there seemed to be an exceptionally large number of telephoto lenses pointing in that direction just before kick off.

Anyone else aware of this?[/quote]Not heard anything, which is odd.So I would have thought its likely he is mistaken.Was the fan is question a big bloke, answers to the name of "Waveney Canary"?

I sit near the directors box and always make a point of seeing who is there and can say this thread is total and absolute nonsense.

Im fairly close to the directors box and saw Delia, Lambert was definitely not in the box so just another made up rumour.

I wonder on what terms Lambo is with our club now?

I would hazard a guess he''s not on the Christmas Card list and doesn''t get free invitations to the directors box...

So, surprising that all the telephoto lens didn''t take any photos.

But say well done to your honourable friend for noticing all those cameras

I thought I saw him in the Jarrold complaining his sausage roll was only luke warm and not hot.

funny this post has come up i honestly thought i saw him driving yesterday near norwich but thought no must be someone who look likes him driving a audi 4x4

i must admit if he was anywhere near the club / ground yesterday someone would have a photo so very unlikely

but uncanny this post came up today

The pink ''un does have a pic (sorry - I can''t get it to move across) of the directors'' box from last night, and there is a Lambert lookalike in there.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]The pink ''un does have a pic (sorry - I can''t get it to move across) of the directors'' box from last night, and there is a Lambert lookalike in there.[/quote]Which page is it on?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]The pink ''un does have a pic (sorry - I can''t get it to move across) of the directors'' box from last night, and there is a Lambert lookalike in there.[/quote]Which page is it on?[/quote]Could this be the one (if it works)?http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/1.4533085!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg

3rd row from the bottom, 2nd from the right?
I see the resemblance.
But then 3rd row from the top, 4th from the left could be Fabio Capello.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]3rd row from the bottom, 2nd from the right?
I see the resemblance.
[/quote]Immediately to the left of Capello -- I thought Cilla Black was dead? [;)]

Katie Borkins wrote the following post at 12/05/2016 8:38 PM:

Bottom row, 4th from right, must be Colonel Sanders?

Or John Hurt

Roger''s back! Doomcaster next?

Actually Roger never went away. Proper gent and City fan despite the Hull jibes of years ago...

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]3rd row from the bottom, 2nd from the right?
I see the resemblance.
[/quote]Yes. Him. I assume it is not Lambert, but I can ses how someone might have thought it was. But also then you would have to believe the directors were stupid enough to have Neil''s successor on display on their box when we hadn''t yet been relegated...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Katie Borkins"]3rd row from the bottom, 2nd from the right?
I see the resemblance.
[/quote]Yes. Him. I assume it is not Lambert, but I can ses how someone might have thought it was. But also then you would have to believe the directors were stupid enough to have Neil''s successor on display on their box when we hadn''t yet been relegated...[/quote]Looks nothing like Lambert imho.  It is in fact Steve Stone, Director of Finance and Interim CEO.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Roger''s back! Doomcaster next?

Actually Roger never went away. Proper gent and City fan despite the Hull jibes of years ago...

[/quote]There seems to be a few familiar faces on the row with Munby in it.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Katie Borkins"]3rd row from the bottom, 2nd from the right?
I see the resemblance.
[/quote]Yes. Him. I assume it is not Lambert, but I can ses how someone might have thought it was. But also then you would have to believe the directors were stupid enough to have Neil''s successor on display on their box when we hadn''t yet been relegated...[/quote]Looks nothing like Lambert imho.  It is in fact Steve Stone, Director of Finance and Interim CEO.[/quote]It does look roughly like Lambert, with the fleshy face, the cropped hair and the East German-1960s glasses, and it is possible to see why a fan, from a bit of a distance, might have thought it was him. That it is someone else that the vast majority of Norwich City fans would not be able to identify is interesting, but not to the point.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Katie Borkins"]3rd row from the bottom, 2nd from the right?

I see the resemblance.

[/quote]

Yes. Him. I assume it is not Lambert, but I can ses how someone might have thought it was. But also then you would have to believe the directors were stupid enough to have Neil''s successor on display on their box when we hadn''t yet been relegated...
[/quote]

Looks nothing like Lambert imho.  It is in fact Steve Stone, Director of Finance and Interim CEO.
[/quote]

The fact that you think it is Steve is even funnier than Lambert. The infamous SS crew cut has grown back a bit sharpish if it is. I''ll tell him on Monday night you think he looks like Lambert. As a fan of a certain other Midlands club that will cheer him up no end.  

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Katie Borkins"]3rd row from the bottom, 2nd from the right?
I see the resemblance.
[/quote]Yes. Him. I assume it is not Lambert, but I can ses how someone might have thought it was. But also then you would have to believe the directors were stupid enough to have Neil''s successor on display on their box when we hadn''t yet been relegated...[/quote]Looks nothing like Lambert imho.  It is in fact Steve Stone, Director of Finance and Interim CEO.[/quote]It does look roughly like Lambert, with the fleshy face, the cropped hair and the East German-1960s glasses, and it is possible to see why a fan, from a bit of a distance, might have thought it was him. That it is someone else that the vast majority of Norwich City fans would not be able to identify is interesting, but not to the point.[/quote]The point is that Lambert would not be in the director''s box, and anybody with any modicum of common sense would know that.  So it is not really possible to see why a fan would think it was him, even if they did think there was someone there who looked like him.  He wears similar glasses to those that Lambert used to wear and because of that some fan thinks Lambert was in the director''s box!