Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Roberto Martinez

good time to do it so new man is ready for the next season

Everton have got a good spine to the team be interesting who they will get

No good blaming Everton, though we all hoped they would win last night. It was in our own hands and we ultimately weren''t good enough.

He''s perfect for us. His teams are good going forward but can''t defend for toffee. No pun intended.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Don''t tell Nutty, he''ll start the Neil out - Martinez in campaign!

Apples[/quote]

Good manager who I rate Proff. Apples. But I''m not done with Alex Neil. I still remember his performance at our fans forum. I''m a bit concerned that new CEs tend to change the managers quite quickly. That''s how it seems to me anyway..

If Neil were to leave, I''d be very happy with Martinez - got the experience, got good footballing contacts around Europe, and seemingly a decent bloke. HOWEVER - I don''t want Neil to leave, and I don''t think he will, so it''s hopefully irrelevant.

No thanks.  Good at Swansea.  Other than the FA Cup useless at Wigan and Everton players and fans can''t stand the style of football.

Simply don''t understand why he''s been so highly rated over the years.

Has never addressed his inabilities to improve a team defensively no matter what quality he has to work with (and has turned Stones into a non league CB). Style of play never worked at Wigan yet persisted with it, ok they looked good at times but we''re always at the wrong end of the table and ultimately got relegated. Contrary to popular belief, did not always have his best players sold. Got a move to a bigger club and (presumably) more money for relegating Wigan.

Has slowly taken Everton backwards (as he did with Wigan) despite taking on a good squad that should be well into the top half of the table, and has made some ludicrous comments around players abilities that just sound false and insulting. ''Cleverly is the best free transfer in PL history''. For someone supposedly so dignified and a ''nice'' man of football, he has an uncanny knack of annoying fans.

Would be a brilliant acquisition for any Championship side. Don''t think he''s got much chance of a PL job anytime soon with the football in this league unfortunately moving back into a more physical, counter attacking style where pace beats everything.

I Think his decline at Everton has been more down to his style becoming obsolete right now than him being a bad manager. He is a bit of a one trick pony though.

Roberto Martinez

Record in PL with Wigan

2009-10

16th - W9 D9 L20 - 36 pts

2010-11

16th - W9 D15 L14 - 42 pts

2011-12

15th - W11 D10 L17 - 43 pts

2012-13

18th - W9 D9 L20 - 36 pts

Record with Everton in PL

2013-14

5th - W21 D9 L8 - 72 pts

2014-15

11th - W12 D11 L15 - 47 pts

2015-16

12th - W10 D14 L13 - 44 pts

Roberto Martinez is a good manager has had success in the premier league with Wigan - he kept them in the premier league for 3 seasons before they got relegated. He won the FA Cup with Wigan. His first season in the premier league with Everton was good - got them to 5th - so they qualified for the Europa League.

Perhaps he has failed - because he hasn''t got Everton into top 6 to qualify for Europe. But he did a good job at Swansea got them promoted from League One into the championship before going to Wigan.

I would sack Alex Neill right now if I had my way - Roberto Martinez he has proven he can manage in the premier league with Everton & Wigan. If Martinez came to manage Norwich he could take us out of championship and turn us into decent premier league side. He''s already proven he can keep a club in the premier league with the success he had at Wigan.

When has Alex Neill ever won a cup competition with a club? He''s rubbish - all he has done is had one promotion from championship - he''s the overrated load of rubbish of I have seen walk into this club. He has deceived so many fans. I can''t stand the bloke and I hope if Norwich are in midtable next season the board have the guts to sack him. Are we seriously going to waste another 12 months with Alex Neill and drop lower into the championship? How low the board let Norwich drop for just for one man?

Alex Neill is not too important to be sacked and he is not bigger than our football club. I don''t stupid men standing in the way of this club making progress.

[quote user="E I E I E I O"]Imagine him in charge of our defence. A catastrophe made in hell![/quote]

Can it get any worse 2 relegations in 3 seasons

You admit he failed at Everton.

''He''s already proven he can keep a club in the PL with the success he had at Wigan''. Apart from the bit when he got them relegated.

''He did a good job at Swansea, getting them promoted from League 1 to the championship before going to Wigan''. I think you also mean before angering all the fans by saying he wasn''t going to leave Swansea unless forced out and then choosing to leave for Wigan, saying it was a ''difficult decision''.

So a good League 1 manager that''s taken the 2 PL clubs he''s managed backwards and doesn''t know how to organise a team defensively.

AN over Martinez any day, a man who''s admitted he''s learning, has taken a club from the championship to the PL, proven he can focus on all areas of the team (just needs consistency) and always speaks honestly to the fans, good or bad.

I agree AN isn''t bigger than the club but he is by far and away the best option we''ve got to get us straight back into the PL. We''ve lost a chairman and CEO this season and will need an overhaul of the squad during the summer. Replacing a manager as well would require some serious time to rebuild, time we don''t have if we''re to bounce straight back. We need someone to oversee this transition who''s shown he knows what to do at championship level.