Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Watford sack manager

Didn''t they say earlier this week that he wasn''t leaving?? What a strange club they are at the moment!

Have respect for him, as he barely celebrated their goals on Wed and hugged some of our players after the game. Done well with Watford this season, what we would''ve given for their position and a cup run.

The owners certainly have ideas above their station. Their background is Italian football; if they use the experience they have picked up from that league I really fear for Watford. We''ll wave at them as they sink and we rise this time next year.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i would have him here like a shot the way he set that team up never looked like going down[/quote]Only thing Watford have over us is better financial backing.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]true morty but he set up that team well and got them playing as a unit[/quote]Oh I agree, but being able to buy exactly the right players for the system you want to play helps.Also imagine if we had a couple of strikers who scored 10+? We''d all be having very different conversations right now!

I thought Ighalo and Deeney looked very good on Wednesday. If they''d have needed a result, I think we''d have seen a very different game.

A soulless club now ...

Then again after the years of mediocrity in the 2nd tier I wonder how many of their fans care?

Hope they perish next season.

Might be a similar situation to when Southampton sacked another really likeable guy who was doing well and then they improved even more. As much as I don''t like to admit it because I don''t like the idea of owners buying success the Pozzo''s really seem to know what they''re doing.

Seems like a mad decision from the outside. You could argue that they have been on relegation form for a while after their great start, but even still seems crazy.

Football sure does feel illogical a lot of the time, Everton and Watford have poor 2nd half of the season, but do enough comfortably to stay up but sack their managers. City have poor 2nd half of season, get relegated, and the signs seem to point  to him staying. Does not make sense, but then it never has when talking about football clubs and their managers.

Essjayess, i agree with you about watford but Wverton should be doing better than they are. Martinez has done a terrible job this season. The defence looks inept despite John "£40m" Stones being in it and they have Lukaku up top who would walk in nearly every prem 11