Sign in to follow this  
jaemae2

Ryan Bennett

It''s beyond slow to think Bennett is better than Bassong or a more capable PL defender. I''d say it''s surprising people even remotely think he is, but I''ve been here too long to be surprised at incompetence...

Him and Martin in the middle today were pretty woeful as was Pinto defensively.

They will be a good back 4 though next season.

Pinto Bennett Bassong Olsson

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Him and Martin in the middle today were pretty woeful as was Pinto defensively.

Pinto Bennett Bassong Olsson[/quote]

Agreed. If there is actually interest/a way to get Tom Lees wouldn''t mind that over Bassong TBH. Granted a combination of Bennett/Lees might be really far too immobile could also work really well.

Ah Jaemae, now that Hoopers gone Bennett is your new focus for abuse then! As Jamie (spelt correctly) Redknapp says ''what a ''melt'' you are!''

Bennett is just so uninspiring. Not a dominant type defender nor good on the ball.

I will be absolutely delighted if Klose is a Norwich player next season.

I feel he''s better than Bassong. His performances alongside Kloser were a big improvement from when he played with Martin or Bassong (not that surprising I suppose). Just making the point that the two centre halves have to be a partnership and anyone who has to play alongside someone who is as indecisive and error prone as Bassong is going to struggle. IMO.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Ah Jaemae, now that Hoopers gone Bennett is your new focus for abuse then! As Jamie (spelt correctly) Redknapp says ''what a ''melt'' you are!''[/quote]

Try again, champ.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Him and Martin in the middle today were pretty woeful as was Pinto defensively.

Pinto Bennett Bassong Olsson[/quote]

Pinto woeful defensively ? I take it this is a wind up ?

you can take it how you like.

I would also like to say that I do love Pinto and hope he stays next season as I think he can adapt to the english game, great set of feet on him.

Pinto Bennett Bassong Olsson[/quote]Not in the game I watched. He was close to my MOTM.Pinto has been one of our best the last 2-3 games. I think it just took him a while to adapt to English football and settle. He''s come good.I hope he and Olsson both stay. The thought of those 2 bombing the flanking in the Championship is an exciting prospect!

I think that Pinto''s last two or three performances have indicated that he has come to grips with the defensive requirements of the PL. He has looked very impressive to me.

I certainly think Bennett will be a big player for us next year. If Klose does go he will be our 1st choice along with Bassong. I do hope Klose stays though, he somehow makes whoever plays alongside him look good as well!

I think Pinto had a great game, but as I say he made a few defensive mistakes that I spotted. Watford''s second goal in particular, didn''t track the run. Although the whole defence should''ve done better, that was his man to mark. Goal shown at 3.45.

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/05/11/norwich-city-vs-watford-highlights/

I''m not saying he didn''t have a great game because he did but I couldn''t help noticing some of the mistakes (that some others didn''t). Hope we can keep him; will be big next season to replace whitts.

Bennett is the best CB at this club after Klosse. Pinto looks much better and i have always liked Olson. We were against a good side and we won 4 -2 and that was the way we should have played all season rather that scratching around and trying to keep the opposition out. The freak result at Newcastle shattered the confidence of the club when it should have stayed with our attacking principles. This may be the biggest lesson learned this relegation in addition to the obvious well discussed need to buy better and in the summer

It''s bizarre how easily impressed people are by Bennett. Beaten with ease a number of times by Watfords forwards last night and utterly clueless against Defoe.

[quote user="GJP"]It''s bizarre how easily impressed people are by Bennett. Beaten with ease a number of times by Watfords forwards last night and utterly clueless against Defoe.[/quote]
[Y]

Pinto improves every game, if he had been signed last August would have been POS - at £2/3M bargainBennett - no not a top prem defender, but at an initial fee of £3m, not the quickest but strong in the air, ideal player for Champs

Bennett would be the first of our central defenders I''d look to replace.

I think he can carve out a decent career, a bit like Shackell did, but he wouldn''t get near my preferred starting line up.

At the moment, Klose and Bennett are our two best CHs. They make a good partnership.

Bassong is too stiff and his mind is not always on ''it''. Let''s wait and see who we have come beginning of August

Agreed crabby. Benno and Klose were our best combination this season, hope we can continue it in the Champs

I think youll find its morr a case of Klose + anyone happens to be our best central pairing.

And after watching last night''s hilariously poor defending I wonder if Klose on his own could do a better job.

hogesar wrote the following post at 12/05/2016 7:36 PM:

I think youll find its morr a case of Klose + anyone happens to be our best central pairing."

Not at all, Bassong is a nightmare for any CB to play alongside, he doesn''t hold his position and wonders off out of the line, plus his lapses. Benno is a traditional CB and does the basics well, a far better combo with Klose than Bassong

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think Pinto had a great game, but as I say he made a few defensive mistakes that I spotted. Watford''s second goal in particular, didn''t track the run. Although the whole defence should''ve done better, that was his man to mark. Goal shown at 3.45.

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/05/11/norwich-city-vs-watford-highlights/

I''m not saying he didn''t have a great game because he did but I couldn''t help noticing some of the mistakes (that some others didn''t). Hope we can keep him; will be big next season to replace whitts.[/quote]

Yep watched it several times. Bennett was supposed to be marking Aghalo and lost him yet again just like Defoe. Why do you feel Pinto should man mark Bennetts man every time he loses him ?. Pinto had Sanchez then whats his name the MU left sider in his pocket in his previous 2 games and Watford last night made a left sided substitution as they could not handle his runs or get past him. And was it not Pinto in the 2nd 1/2 that just got to a header to stop Deeney scoring ? Our center halfs made more mistakes than usual - difference ? we scored 4 so it did not matter.

Yep watched it several times. Bennett was supposed to be marking Aghalo and lost him yet again just like Defoe. Why do you feel Pinto should man mark Bennetts man every time he loses him ?. Pinto had Sanchez then whats his name the MU left sider in his pocket in his previous 2 games and Watford last night made a left sided substitution as they could not handle his runs or get past him. And was it not Pinto in the 2nd 1/2 that just got to a header to stop Deeney scoring ? Our center halfs made more mistakes than usual - difference ? we scored 4 so it did not matter.

---------------------

So you''ve watched it and you expect the CB to be favourite when the ball is played between GK and defender - that''s delusional I''m afraid. Bennett positioned himself well to begin with but when the ball came in he had no idea where Ighalo was, Pinto must take the most responsibility for it as he saw the whole thing; he let Ighalo easily get ahead of him which left the striker able to place himself between our CB and RB (and GK). Pinto had no-one else to mark so should''ve tracked the run.

He let the situation (being the low ball in the box) become a battle between striker and CB, where it should''ve been Ighalo v 2 defenders.