Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

kaching

so what are they worth ? redmond 10 -15 mill ?howson - 5 mill ?tettey - 3 millruddy - 4 - 5 mill ?brady - 7 - 10 mill ?ollson - 4 - 5 mill ?naismith - 5 mill ?Bassong £1

close to 50 million by my reckoning

Not a mile out.Maybe even an underestimate considering the new Sky money.

Taking the Asset/Liability approach, some of our players are worth less than £0 dues to their contracts so to talk in actual fees going on them players:

Redmond: Would be a massive player for us in the championship. 1 year left on his deal whereby we''d get about £6m compo for him I reckon. Given the way the market is for british players, I''d say he''d be worth £12m-£15m. We are as the manager says in a financially stable position so can afford to keep the players we need, especially if more deadwood is cleared.

Howson: Older than Redmond and not as unique but still undoubtedly proven premiership quality. I''d put him in the £8m-£10m bracket personally. He''s got 2 years left of an affordable deal so no pressure to sell him.

Tettey: Not sure but I think he might be out of contract in summer so £0. If he''s got a year left, he''s worth £5m as he is good enough for the prem but has injury worries.

Ruddy: Going on the January rumours, he''s worth about £4m in my book. Debatable premiership quality but has shown it in the past.

Brady: Only a year into 3 or 4 year deal, a key player for us and one we got for £7m when he had a year remaining on his deal and was less proven. £12m or go home in my book.

Olsson: Another of those who is good but debatable premiership quality. Would be a gamble for a prem team to rely on him as first choice left back but again he''s a key player for us and has a couple of years left on his deal at an affordable rate. I''d say £5m

Naismith: Here''s where the "liability" bit comes in. Naismith was signed with the premiership in mind and while he''s proven a useful premiership option at Everton, he''s not been great here and we are stuck with him on high wages for 2 more years. Undoubtedly though, he''s still a useful player and one we''d use next season so I reckon we''d only do business for £6m or upwards.

Bassong: Titus Bramble MKII. On his day, he''s every bit a premiership quality defender but sadly we all know his liabilities and he''s got a year left of a contract we''d rather not have to pay. I reckon we''d let him go for free if we were able to just free up his wages.

Others:

Lafferty is one I reckon we would consider the same as Bassong with. Perhaps we''d get a small bidding war going if a few lower Championship sides fancied him and he had a good euros but if we could get £1m for him, we''d do well.

RvW: The big liability... Hopefully in the final year of his big contract right? Again, one of those who if nobody takes we would try and use as he might well find his level in the championship but I reckon £2m or more and he''d be off. Perhaps we''d even think about mutual consent if he shows nothing in pre season. The fact we''d free up his wages of around £30k a week means another £1.5m of savings if we manage to offload him.

Mulumbu:

Probably the only other you could consider a liability as he''s got a couple of years left on a very expensive (£40k i think) deal. That''s £2m a year we are paying him and he''s not even playing much! I think we would happily offload him for free if someone offered to take his wages off our hands. He might be one of those that needs a good preseason and he''s suddenly a key player though so I think we''ll hold fire until August with him and see then.

Others of note:

Klose:

We paid £8.5m for him and he''s been worth the money on ability alone. We also have a lack of alternatives so he''s probably our most irreplaceable player. Given that he has a few years left of a new deal and the fact that we don''t need to sell, I can''t see us selling unless £10m unless we gave him a release fee...

[quote user="lappinitup"]Bradley was sold for £6m so why would Tettey only be worth half that when he''s a better player?[/quote]

Contract is nearly up? Injury problems? Age of player (Tettey is 30, Johnson was 28)?

Other one; suited to the job at hand? Johnson was a standout player for us when we got promoted. While he was never really good enough in the prem for us, the championship suits him down to a tee. If Derby go up and he helps them, it''s £6m well spent.

What job would Tettey be brought in to do somewhere? If it''s to start for a premiership side battling survival and they hope to rely on him playing 25 games or more then we should hold out for £6m+ but I have a feeling his injury problems limit him to 20 starts a season max.

I''d like to see who''s willing to pay £1 forBassong.