Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Question for anyone who watches the U21's

Have either of the young lads we picked up in January from York or Dartford (Godfrey and can''t remember the other one''s name) shown any signs of promise in the games they''ve played or is there anyone else who looks close to knocking on the first team door?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Have either of the young lads we picked up in January from York or Dartford (Godfrey and can''t remember the other one''s name) shown any signs of promise in the games they''ve played or is there anyone else who looks close to knocking on the first team door?[/quote]

I watch him 2 games away at Liverpool and Man Utd

No way to use him next year imo

strong fit but not much to offer in senior squad.Not shine at u21 level so forget about him to help next year

Thanks Boris. wasn''t banking on them being ready but it would be nice to have a player unexpectedly emerge from the U21''s at some point.

With so many U21s out on loan we have had much younger players to watch this season. Glenn Middleton impressed for the U21s when he was just 15. Another youngster who really impressed me was Todd Cantwell who is a real pleasure to watch. Michee Efete always impresses me of the older ones. Ray Grant is a joy and a throw back to his old man and reminds me of footballers of days gone by. I doubt he''ll make it but you never know.

During the season I''ve often put up the link to Gregg Broughton''s The Nex Generation blogs. The latest one is here : -

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-next-generation-blog-3111120.aspx

Past ones can be found here : -

http://www.canaries.co.uk/youth/academy_blog.aspx