Sign in to follow this  

Although only a cameo appearance last night and a limited contribution to this season.......I do hope he remains at the club.......He will be a main player in the Championship.

Yes. Will at the very least be a good squad player, so lets hope his wages are not prohibitive.

I said to my mate at the game last night, that if he could lose a bit of timber, he could be quite a major player, for us, in that League

I love Gladys. Hopefully he can spend a few weeks on boot camp and activate ''beast mode'' next season. He has shown flashes of frightening power, skill and directness that could be way too good for the Championship.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]I love Gladys. Hopefully he can spend a few weeks on boot camp and activate ''beast mode'' next season. He has shown flashes of frightening power, skill and directness that could be way too good for the Championship.[/quote]

This^ Just in his 10 min cameo last night, he did a neat shoulder/heel flick around a defender I believe. He probably could lose some weight, I''d reckon he''d make a decent creative force in midfield.

Vadis has the potential to be our Bradders for the coming campaign- a powerful midfielder with a genuine goal threat.

I''d wager the reason that he hasn''t played much of a part this year is his stark inability to track runs playing as a regular midfielder. This became horribly exposed as we conceded 12 and scored 1 in the 4 games in which he started; most notably away at Bournemouth where their left side had a field day around him.

I''d like to see him played off the striker.

[quote user="Mason 47"]Vadis has the potential to be our Bradders for the coming campaign- a powerful midfielder with a genuine goal threat.

I''d wager the reason that he hasn''t played much of a part this year is his stark inability to track runs playing as a regular midfielder. This became horribly exposed as we conceded 12 and scored 1 in the 4 games in which he started; most notably away at Bournemouth where their left side had a field day around him.

I''d like to see him played off the striker.[/quote]I think Hoolahan and Maddison will be competing for the number 10 role (unless Naismith stays, which is unlikely). If he is 100% fit and sheds a few pounds, I genuinely think he could play anywhere in midfield. Either alongside a genuine holding man making bursts from deep à la Howson, as a narrower wide midfielder cutting inside and playing one-twos to get in behind, or as another option for an out-and-out number 10. His opportunities might be limited if we switch to playing two up top, but I can''t see that happening under Neil – he is about as staunch an advocate of the five-man midfield as you will find.

For those who think Vadis moving on after being injured almost all of last season and making 3/4 brief cameos this is going to attract offers from other clubs who will pay more than City are deluded. He should stay and be a pivotal player for City next season if Neil gives him the opportunity those 10 mins against Southampton convinced me.

One of Neil''s many errors imho.

I''d like to see Vadis stay and get more game time.

He needs a run of games to get that level of consistency.

He is versatile and can play central midfield and wide midfield. For central midfield his defence is not as good I expected for a big man but the same can be said about Howson. Not really the nibble second forward (like Naismith) but has good footwork and offers us something different with his power if played behind the lone forward. Hoolahan is our best playmaker and is usually put in the "hole" so he can be central and we can use two defensive midfielders in our structure. AN is interchanging the 3 behind the forward to outfox the opposition defensive structures. AN doesn''t always play too wingers wide and Vadis could feature in these 3 interchanging forward positions.

Likes his cakes a bit too much to be effective at the top level.

However i think he could do a job next season. As always though if better than him becomes available we should persure them. Same with everyone in the squad

[quote user="If wed only kept Howie"]what error?[/quote]...and which Neil??

He shows sparks but I''ve never seen him do it in more than 10-15 minute cameos. The laziness of the penalty he conceded against Bournemouth did make me question his desire to play here.

After the Southampton cameo, Alex Neil said he''d get some game time, but clearly didn''t like his inability to trackback and cover.

I find this blind faith in Voo rather astonishing as i have never seen anything in his appearances to date that show he will be of benefit to us. Off the pace, body language poor,unable to read the game and does not seem cut out for the English game. Like RVW we have been tucked up for a few million quid.Mind you that is just my opinion.