Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Redmond v Watford

Never got the anti Redmond thing. Good player , get you out of your seat , Allow him to use his pace and he will deliver. Play one up front , Wes in at 10 and give NR a defensive midfield role and you may as well ask Lord Lucan to present the POTS this year.

He will go this year, to a Prem Club, and we will probably get enough to go and buy Bradley back (we might have to pay the bonus we reneged on first mind)

Loads of natural talent and by now should be at his peak. Sadly has not progressed since he has been here. To me he is an out and out right winger and our attacking play should have been based on that. In common with other players he has been tried in other positions which do not suit him and this season he has been short on confidence for some time. It is poor management to expect this type of player to have any sort of defensive role. He now treats the ball like a hot potato and on occasions just cannot get rid of it quick enough. I would imagine most supporters at the match crave for him to take on his fullback on the outside, but for no apparent reason he does not. For some time he has looked like a player ready to change clubs and indeed under better firmer coaching could still be a force in the Premiership. Bearing in mind the crazy state of the transfer market we should get in excess of 10 million.

The evidence that AN wanted Redmond to be more defensive comes in the fact that he preferred Jarvis to him for a number of games. Precisely because Jarvis does keep his shape and track back.

But Jarvis isn''t that much of a grafter and he has much less ability going forward.

But AN went down the Hughton road of being more worried about how the opposition could hurt us than how we could hurt them.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]He''s not going to be at his peak at 22.

Most players reach their peak at around 29 years old[/quote]

All I can say is that Spurs have three players under 23 in the England Squad and they look pretty useful to me. Redmond has 3/4 years of Champs/Premiership experience but has shown little improvement since he has been here. If he is to make it at the higher level he needs to show a lot more desire and commitment.

[quote user="GJP"]But Jarvis isn''t that much of a grafter and he has much less ability going forward.

But AN went down the Hughton road of being more worried about how the opposition could hurt us than how we could hurt them.[/quote]

Spot on

vos wrote the following post at 13/05/2016 10:00 PM:

mrs miggins wrote:
He''s not going to be at his peak at 22.

Most players reach their peak at around 29 years old

All I can say is that Spurs have three players under 23 in the England Squad and they look pretty useful to me. Redmond has 3/4 years of Champs/Premiership experience but has shown little improvement since he has been here. If he is to make it at the higher level he needs to show a lot more desire and commitment.

-----------------------------------------

The Spurs youngsters are indeed better than Redmond but that doesn''t say anything about the potential of Redmond; it doesn''t even say anything about the Spurs lad e.g Alli - At 20 years old its incredibly naive to think that Dele Alli has reached his peak.

Both have got a lot to learn and like most players will reach their peak in a few years.