Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Bradley Johnson

I''d say he''s worth even less than that when played in the middle. Strange the way Derby play;

------------GK----------

RB----CB----CB-----LB

----CM----CM----BJ---

LW-------------------RW

------------ST-----------

Doesn''t suit him at all

A lot of people seem to be focussing on solely the footballing ability of BJ and not what he brought to the team...

Personally, I''d say we should never have sold him. Yes, £6m was a great fee considering the footballing ability of BJ but the overall package of the player in our team was probably worth nearer £15m. Remember the number of times last season that BJ''s fight and tenacity dragged us over the line? That''s what we''ve missed this season - someone to drag us over that finishing line in games such as the Liverpool match, or someone who will drive at defenders and be a natural leader on the pitch. IMO we''ve massively missed him this season and it''s my opinion that selling him is one of the big contributing factors to our relegation.

How many disappointing, tame performances did we have with BJ in our team when he played last season? Even at the start of this season when he played for us?

Sometimes, money doesn''t tell the whole story...

Great (?!!) quote from Don Goodman just now

"You can''t win it today, but you can lose it"

😂😂😂😂

i dont know just guessing

BUT was he sold for football reasons or Non football reasons

football reasons ...... i think was wrong was a good player for use

non football .......... ?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Pretty much everyone''s favorite choice in midfield I believe. Might we have stayed if we had him during those games where we threw away points at the death?

I really hope Derby win the play offs so we don''t have to face him next season.

Our best player in the Champ campaign and what did the club do?[/quote] Couldn''t you have just posted on my thread about Johnson the other day?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i dont know just guessing

BUT was he sold for football reasons or Non football reasons

football reasons ...... i think was wrong was a good player for use

non football .......... ?[/quote]I personally never heard anything that confirmed those alleged rumours.

Derby have too many bang average players. I can''t see one that would hold down a regular Premier League starting position.

From the match thread on dcfcfans.uk........"Not the first poor touch from Johnson ""lol, Johnson is just awful isn''t he""Johnson should not be a professional footballer. He''s appalling""If I had a firearm and after taking everything into consideration I''d probably shoot Johnson right now. Get him off the pitch he''s a liability.""Aside from Johnson who has been awful, we''ve not actually played that badly""I don''t like this formation but I feel that we should take Johnson off n put bent on""Was Johnson this bad before? Still, we need to keep believing! A long way to go yet""As for Johnson, he''s been out for a decent amount of time and is

struggling with his fitness today. His touch is the worst in our team at

the best of times""Can''t believe we paid £6m for Bradley Johnson. If he''s worth that much, Hughes must be worth £30m""Butterfield on for Johnson so it''s now the team we should have started with"
So the Derby fans feel the same way as most of our fans until Johnson hit that purple patch.

"

No it wasn''t a big mistake. He was a good player but had shown his limitations in the Premiership. Just another stick."

Yup. Spot on.

I''d love to have him back now that we''re a Championship team again. But planning for failure is even less productive than not planning at all and 7 million for him last summer was a damn good deal.

Andreu is a good championship player. Should we have been playing him all year to get him ready incase we''re relegated?

Looks like we will be seeing him next season but if Derby are among the better sides in the Championship there is very little to fear. They looked streets behind Hull when push came to shove.

Even in the very few games he played at the start of this season, Bradders looked a few steps behind the players he was up against.

Maybe he didn''t come back fit enough, or maybe just wasn''t up to speed. Even so, I think in hindsight, I would have rather kept him just in case- rather than Grabban, who most probably knew about how effective he would be at this level.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Jerome scored 20+ in the Championship while Bassong looked like Bobby Moore.[/quote]

Katie, problem was Bassong still thought he was Bobby Moore!

Plodder of the year. Hard to believe he was once POTS.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Pretty much everyone''s favorite choice in midfield I believe. [/quote]

As a central midfield player he''s not my favourite choice. He doesnt have the discipline to stay as a holding midfield player and he''s a poor passer of the ball.

Much better as a left midfield player in the Championship but not Premiership class.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Much better as a left midfield player in the Championship but not Premiership class.[/quote]In case you haven''t noticed we''re not in the Premier League

I could have sworn we were "playing" a Premiership game this afternoon. Mind you given the way our mob has been playing this season you are probably right to think of the Championship.