Sign in to follow this  
FCC

Naismith - What is the point!

What position is he playing? Not creative as a 10, not prolific as a striker. Today he looked half hearted and clueless - again.

He picked up in the last 15 minutes but I can''t decide that was because Wes had us moving the ball better or the chant of "What a waste of money" had finally shamed him into action.

I thought he would bring bite and effort, if not some skill - but the man is a passenger and needs offloading before August.

Credit to Wes and Big John for coming to the fans at the end and giving their shirts away. Loyal performers for us, unlike too many of the recent mercenaries who have joined.

Everton saw us coming with that one. If he has this £4m release clause cant see anyone paying it.

I am trying to figure out who has been the worst signing(s) in NCFC history:

a) Naismith, a near 30 year old who doesnt score many goals

£8.5m

b) Wolf £8.5m

c) Fleck - his return from Chelsea

d) Mortensen £300k and Cooney £350k (rather than buy Newell for £700k and possibly win the league)

e) Beckford £925k

I''m going for a) given the size of his fee and his age.

A plus B 16 million down the drain

Next you''ll read that due to the demise of NCFC from TP we have to make redundant office staff, cleaners etc.

PS Choosing between Naismith and RVW is a bit like being on death row and having to choose the Gas Chamber or The Rope

Agree bor, though Beckford was truly awful. All clubs make terrible signings difference for us is that when we spend the cash it hurts us more if they fail. ManU spent an astonishing amount of money this summer to no avail

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]I am trying to figure out who has been the worst signing(s) in NCFC history:

a) Naismith, a near 30 year old who doesnt score many goals

£8.5m

b) Wolf £8.5m

c) Fleck - his return from Chelsea

d) Mortensen £300k and Cooney £350k (rather than buy Newell for £700k and possibly win the league)

e) Beckford £925k

I''m going for a) given the size of his fee and his age.[/quote]

Several on here said some guy called Harry Kane was the worse player to ever wear a Norwich shirt so not sure why he is not on your list. Another for your list is Klose who was described by a number of posters as being worse than Docherty.

Let Naismith get fit for next year then judge him I reckon unless you feel AN is lieing about his match fittness now

I''m actually looking forward to witnessing Naismith knocking ''em in for fun next season [Y]

So far he''s looked like a shit version of Hooper, just without the gut and the goals.
I really hope he can get himself fit over the Summer and we find a way to play to his strengths (whatever they are) next season because I can''t see us being able to sell him.

He''s been unfit for a long time then, how did he pass a medical. Maybe the next Iwan, but looking more like RVW to me.

What position did he play at Everton? I think he will come good for us, doesn''t seem happy though.

i think he is a good solid player always was at everton not a world beater but can hold his own in the EPL

I Think is problem is he was sold NCFC but when he got here he found things alot different to what he was told ,

thats how it looks i have no proof or have been told this just my opinion

but he look like he got here saw the coaching and thought what have i got myself into here

Unfit and Uninterested, journeyman.

If he''s that unfit he should book in with my doctor he can get an appointment in 3 weeks time

increasingly Naismith is looking like a decent prem sub and little else - disappointing for our record signing.

If he doesnt invoke his £6m release clause we may see him perform well next year.

Webbo118 wrote on 30/12/2015, 4:39 PM

Re: steven naismith signing for £8 million

If Norwich get dragged into and end of season relegation battle, rest assured Naismith and Brady are just the sort of players you would want in the team.

Naismith offers drive, determination, work-rate, and an ability to find the back of the net at PL level, something the other three certainly don''t.

.......................................................................................................................

21 pages, 311 posts in December on this subject of posters wishing this guy would sign for us. I was one who feared he would sign. Simple because he would take games away from Hoolahan & Redmond. He is not a fraction as go as they. Hoolahan & Redmond needed to play the majority of games for us to be competitive so we would reach 40 points.

Playing cart horses could get us dragged into an end of season relegation battle.

It amazes me how not some people but a lot of people cannot see the difference between a real good player and an average one. They are still out there - he''s going to score for fun in the championship they say. Wait until he''s fit they say.

I''m just an average city fan - not a hotshot premiership manager, but I''ve got a bit a advice for AN. He''s got more talks with the board, he''s got the "mother" of all plans to get us back up. My advise - even if hell freezes over retain Hoolahan & Redmond . He''s pissing into a 100 knot gale if he thinks he can get promotion without them.

A couple of Everton fans I know said that Naismith was woeful in his first year, but can''t good in year two.

So there''s still hope yet I guess...

Naismith''s signing is typical of where we''ve been going wrong on transfers. We''ve bought ourselves a problem rather than a solution.