Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Mass Cull Needed!

Simply not good enough. This squad has shown over the last three seasons that they are not up to the task and are defensively/offensively very poor. At times in the championship season we were woeful.

Todays performance was a shambles and the lack of effort is very alarming.

I am starting to get concerned as to whether Alex Neil is the right man for the job but we must give him more time to put things right. I just hope that the players are 100% behind him.

After todays performance there was not one player on that pitch who I would be sad to see leave the club in the summer.

However the two players that I believe the club must pull all the stops out to try and keep are both presently out injured. They are Howson and Klose.

These two should be retained at all costs and should become the mainstay of the team. We need a strong spine and build around them.

Howson should also be made captain.

I have heard comments today that we only need to make 2-3 changes over the summer and we will be challenging for promotion again. I strongly disagree with this. If we only make 2-3 changes again then surely we are following in the same pattern as the past few seasons. We need a change of direction/philosophy and this can only be achieved with a change of personnel.

Wouldn''t say it''s a mass cull needed. There''s plenty there to build on. Thinking purely on starting 11''s i''d be happy with Klose, Pinto, Olsson and one more starting CB, Redmond, Brady, Howson and Tettey in midfield and then 2 new guys up front/ attacking mid.

I make that 4 top quality signings needed. The likes of O''Neil, Murphyx2, Bennett, Wes, Maddison, Jerome providing good back up.

I would be happy with that also but there is not a cat in hells chance that all of those players will be here next season. Some will be off on there own accord and some will be sent packing.

I wouldn''t be so sure. The club will be after silly money for our good players and it''s unlikely that more than one of them will leave.

Personally, I think Redmond is the only one that will leave and will do so for £10m+. Klose and Brady haven''t even been here a year so will have plenty of contract left, Howson should be made captain and the team built around him. That''s abut it for good players!

The fact is contracts aren''t worth the papal we they are written on. The players we want to get rid of will not be wanted anywhere else and will happily take their money. The players we want to keep will think they are better than championship. I can see a few clubs bidding for Redmond and Klose so we should get good money for them. I know this is very pessimistic but money talks and some of our worse players even with a relegation clause will still be high earners in the championship. I hope Klose stays but in order to rebuild we will need to get some money in I feel.

Caught in a difficult place, if we have a mass cull of players I think we can wave goodbye to comming up next season, of course if we do get back up next season we also know that the current squad arnt good enough.

I would rather we brought in 4-5 really good signings and kept the majority of the current squad with the hope those signings make a significant improvement, then we can add another 3-4 when if we get back up. Of course our track record of getting even a couple of signings right at one time is patchy at best.

Can we get rid of Bassong please. Naismith I reckon could be an asset in the Championship.

Bassong returning was crucial to us getting promoted last time.

We shouldn''t throw the baby out with the bath water.

Virtually all our players will look far better in the Championship.

We just need to bring in two quality new forwards and a CB.

[quote user="GJP"]Bassong returning was crucial to us getting promoted last time.[/quote]

Sorry but that doesn''t sit with me. If a center back makes you worry with every touch of the ball he makes then he''s not good enough! The amount of mistakes he makes is shocking and his history of relegations takes up a full page of his cv!

I would get rid of the following with loans to leave

WHITTIKER

BASSONG

ONEIL

DORRANS

MULUMBU

JEROME

WISDOM

BAMFORD

MBOKANI

My staring 11 next season if we can keep then

Ruddy

Pinto

Klose

Bennett

Olson

Tetty

Howson

Redmond

Brady

Naismith or Wes

A new striker

OTBC

Making judgements about players based on yesterday''s performance is absurd, not sure really what people were expecting from a relegated team away from home, if that game had been at CR the performance would have been completely different, the players played their final game against Watford. I''m not saying I like that, far from it, but it''s not a basis for making decisions. A small factor in the broader picture maybe but not a cause in itself.

Vanwink, I think you''ll find people are not judging players on the poor performance vs Everton but by the entire season and if not by the players entire career at NCFC.

I would get rid of the following with loans to leave

WHITTIKER

BASSONG

ONEIL

DORRANS

MULUMBU

JEROME

WISDOM

BAMFORD

MBOKANI

My staring 11 next season if we can keep then

Ruddy

Pinto

Klose

Bennett

Olson

Tetty

Howson

Redmond

Brady

Naismith or Wes

A new striker

OTBC

I like that list although I''d be inclined to keep Jerome as we need workers (even up front) in the champs but I''d look to moving on Martin and Redmond mainly because Martin has lost his legs and I''ve lost patience in Redmond and think it''s a good time to cash in!

The prerequisite to any ''cull'' is the necessity for new investment in the club. We have learnt, again, that our so-called ''mutual model'' is fundamentally incompatible with becoming an established PL club. Fix that and we just might avoid a generation of championship mediocrity, or worse.

Agreed there are players who need to move on, but if they are still under contract on (for the Championship) very decent money, that may not be easy. Also in a season of 46 games we need not only a good starting 11 but a decent experienced back up team.

You need to expect that 2 or 3 will be sold in the summer, just like Snodgrass & Fer when we went down 2 years ago.I''d say Redmond, Brady, and (hopefully not) Klose or (hopefully) Naismith will be moved on.Then, there are a few that really need moving on.* Defence - The defence needs a shake up. I''d be keeping Olsson, Pinto, Klose (if he''s not sold), but looking for offers for the rest of them.* Centre Midfield - We need to get rid of too many ''samey'' midfielders. Tettey & Howson are the only 2 I''d say we need to keep. (Make Howson captain!). Madison coming in should also be a good addition, and of course Wes stays. (Also side question - what happened to Louis Thompson from Swindon? Is he ever going to feature in our squad, or is he just an asset to loan out?)* Wingers - I''m assuming Redmond will go, and maybe Brady. This would leave is with Jarvis & the Murphy''s as out and out wingers. Maybe need to add one more, but that doesn''t look awful.* Up Top - I''d keep Jerome purely based on what he did in this league 2 years ago. But we need additions here. One of the best signings we made when we went down 2 years ago was Grabban. He was a good lower league goalscorer with pace. We need to make a similar signing this time - maybe 2 given that we sold Hooper.In summary, I''d say a turnaround of 7 to 9 players is what is needed to shake this squad up.

Need a new Keeper, just heard Ruddy''s off to Boro!

We went straight back up last time because we kept more or less the same player.

No use swapping players we know can get us back for players who can''t get a move to the prem.

Yes we need to change but it must be gradual, it''s more important to invest in coaches and development.

We have the core of a very good Championship squad but I''m kind of sick of watching us play the only kind of slow football we''re capeable of. I''d love to see some pace and running power added to the team. Seeing us get the ball forwards quickly to the final third then stop and slowly knock it around harmlessly until we lose the ball or put a hopeful cross in is getting really old.

Our squad needs a refresh if only to stop us being so predictable and to give the manager some more options.

Klose will be ere so need to build around him at the back

bassong will be moved on so a good up and coming CB to work with klose

now i wouldn''t keep the midfield tried and tested and failed in the EPL we need someone to create chances

we have used wes but one man is not enough we need complete midfielders who ? the scouts job not mine but the current midfield is nowhere good enough in scoring or creating chances

striker we need a upgrade cam jam will score in championship but fluffs his lines in EPL so young hungry striker who can play next season find his feet and move up the leagues with the club

not easy i know but thats what is needed

we also have a cam jam manager AN championship looks a world beater EPL looks lost / out of his depth

such a massive job as the club has to sign a playesr for the team role not to fill a position is AN good enough to sign these players and build a team sorry but i doubt it

The game at the weekend was disappointing and I''m sure all that went were propelled back to Norwich on grumble-power but it doesn''t tell us anything new.

I''m indifferent to the result and performance because I am already set in what needs to happen. The weekend was the first pre-season friendly for Alex Neil in my mind.

What is important is what happens now. That final whistle was the start whistle for the board and the team and the manager to get together and sort it out and I''m confident with some of them it not others.

Go and find us a CEO and get rid of some dross. Get some youth in and find a good balance.

It will not be easy to move on our contracted players they have not exactly impressed. Bassong 6 relegations will not be moving anywhere who in top two divisions would take the risk and expense. Brady and Klose moves will depend on Euro''s performance, Redmond will be gone and maybe Howson.

We have contracted some experienced players which may be useful in Champs including Mulumbu, Dorrans and Jarvis who need to perform in order to continue their careers in the upper levels of football.

We have some youngsters who hopefully can provide the pace to liven up our pedestrian build up.

Defensively if we can keep Klose need another effective CB. Olsson hopefully will stay backed up by Toffolo. Pinto and Martin RB''s to be ok in Champs.

Need forwards AN trusts Jerome only striker on the books. Have to look lower down the leagues to find gems to get us out of Champs. Following promotion whenever that may be we can have a cull when we can afford it.

Ron Manager wrote the following post at 16/05/2016 9:48 AM:

Need a new Keeper, just heard Ruddy''s off to Boro!

Good luck to him.

Isn''t it time to finally look at the bigger picture Alex Neil has now had a year in the prem to access. Its the ideal time to sort a style out that will work in the prem home the team around it this season, get the balance right and get promoted them we have something to build on rather than bringing in 6-8 new faces next season lets get it sorted this year and bring in 3-4 signings next year theyll all know how each other plays and then the new faces should just slot in and we wont need half a season to bed a team in.