Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

let us take a deep breath...

Calls for a complete change of players are bonkers!

This team may well have been short of the necessary quality to survive - but they rarely were trounced and showed lots of effort. I think we would rue losing some of these guys- just look at how different Hooper looked one division down.

We clearly need a few good marquee signings- but I still maintain the boardroom is where change is needed most.

It''s an interesting theory.

Can you outline what changes to the Boardroom are required and who you would bring in?

I agree on the point regarding the squad, we have plenty within the existing group to suggest we should be up there fighting for an instant return. With 2 or 3 top championship signings we would be really strong.

Whilst I agree in principle of changes to the boardroom, I would suggest the timing isn''t right for that to happen this summer. With DM leaving and then the relegation which will no doubt see changes to the playing staff, we need to have some stability somewhere.

We need to lick our wounds quickly and get our business dealt with promptly and professionally. Further changes to the board room would only slow that process down, and hinder recruitment.

People can call for a mass turnaround in players all they want, it wont happen, so don''t worry about it.

I can see maybe 3 players being released, and four players sold.

I think we know who they are.

This squad sleepwalked to relegation. No bite, no end product,no quality in key positions. They were regularly trotted out to reassure fans that there was no danger of relegation saying the squad was together and good enough to stay up. All of which was rubbish.

A major clear out is needed even at the risk of not going up in the first year.

And what boardroom changes would you make o wise one?

Thecanaryfan finds it funny that some fans are calling for a mass cull of players.

The next sentence he then states that 3 players will be released with a further 4 players being sold.

Thats a total of 7 players by my reckoning! If thats not a massive change in a squad of 25 then I don''t know what is.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Thecanaryfan finds it funny that some fans are calling for a mass cull of players.

The next sentence he then states that 3 players will be released with a further 4 players being sold.

Thats a total of 7 players by my reckoning! If thats not a massive change in a squad of 25 then I don''t know what is.[/quote]
It seems fairly normal for clubs to change six, seven, maybe eight players over the summer, regardless of whether they were promoted, relegated or remain in the same division. I would postulate that changing half the squad or more represents the kind of mass overhaul that some on here seem to be advocating.
Incidentally, I don''t see Thecanaryfan expressing particular amusement. Did I miss something; perhaps on another thread?

I''m not sure it''ll be the club controlling the players out, there''s a lot going into the last years contract and some will no doubt want a fresh challenge.

Then there''s the Redders who deserves his move to a bigger club if he gets the chance (Sad that Southampton who we left behind in division 3, 7 years ago are a bigger club now), and those who will just be on big wages and attract the offer which we can''t turn down.

Regardless of a good thing or bad I think we will see 50% of our first team moved on.