Sign in to follow this  
Olano

Tettey - « I don’t know if I will go down with Norwich"

Be a big loss especially at championship level, some fans don''t have a clue. If he wants out and we get a decent offer then fair enough but let''s not delude ourselves into thinking there are countless players out there who do his job as well as he does.

norfolkngood wrote the following post at 12/05/2016 12:26 PM:

if we keep the same team as we have now how can we gel a team that

plays together to a system if we have to replace 7/8 players if / when

we go up

build now in a easier league than trying to rebuild in the hardest league in the world

that is where this is a massive year a lot of deadwood players that

need replacing and a manager with a poor signing / transfer record

thats what worries me

Nor still waiting for you to explain what you mean by Neil''s poor transfer record - details pleaseOr was this just a thro away remark from someone who does not know what they are talking about ?

CanaryOne wrote the following post at 12/05/2016 1:32 PM:

Players like Russell Martin , Jerome , Bennett , Hoolahan , Jarvis,

Mulumbu, Lafferty etc etc players that are no good to us if we find

ourselves promoted again .Its time to rebuild now because fail to go up in the next couple of seasons and there wont be any money left to do it .

Good new CanOne - most of these have contracts that expire in 2017 (good old David Mac)

We can dump them and use our new Recruitment team to find cheaper better replacements

i would say brady / klose are the only players i think are good business maybe pinto you ?

do you think they have been good buys ? how about Naismith your fav is he ?

i agree with you miggins about jerome

he will work a defence all day long and he will score goals in championship

i just like the idea of bedding in a team that will improve together ( maybe dreaming )

a settled midfield where a new striker gets used to how they play how the wingers cross so he can make his runs

then when / if we get up we have a improving squad that are not alien to each other

jerome back up 4th striker in the PL is fine

i know thats in a perfect world but thats what would be my hope

[quote user="mrs miggins"]The problem with selling and getting the cheaper option is that you end up with the cheaper option.

#rocketscience[/quote]Who said anything about cheaper options , spend those parachute payments , Neil wants to see the club move forward not stagnate for another few years . Plus how much do you think players like Martin , Jerome and Wes are worth ? they are the cheap option .

Was lightly responding to gunthorpe''s:

''Good new CanOne - most of these have contracts that expire in 2017 (good old David Mac)

We can dump them and use our new Recruitment team to find cheaper better replacements''

Just out of curiosity if we struggled to recruit good PL players when we were a PL club how the fook do we get these good PL players to come now we are in the chumps ?

in my opinion we need to keep the core of the squad we have (proven they can get out of that league) and introduce some of the talented youngsters we have recruited this last couple of years.

If theyre under contract keep them.....even if that means losing a large chunk of transfer fee in a years time.

Would be very short sighted to take the cash now (transfer fee) and miss the real money in the PL through doing so.

Alex Neil has hinted Norwich could part ways with some of their long-serving players in the close season.

Sunderland''s midweek win over Everton condemned City to an immediate return to the Championship, and Neil will sit down with the club''s owners after the weekend to put together a plan for the summer.

The

Norwich squad contains a number of players - Russell Martin, Ryan

Bennett and Wes Hoolahan among them - whose arrival at the club predates

Neil''s by several years.

The manager said: "There will have to come a certain amount of

freshness. A lot of players have been here for a number of years and

that carries its own problems at times.

"We''ve got the basis of a

really good squad. Looking at the squad we''ve got, how we would''ve hoped

to have performed, I don''t think we hit those heights and ultimately

that''s where we''ve got to."

Well at least the manager agrees that the players who have been here too long need shipping out and we need freshness .

For my money I agree with what some others have said. I''m sure he would be fine for us in the championship, but we should be looking to build a team that can survive in the prem if possible and he has been at the spine of a team that has been relegated twice with us. That position was something that would have needed to be looked at if we had stayed up to try and solidify us anyway.

it would be a huge mistake to offload too many players this summer and start again because there is no guarantee that the players will gel.

Martin, Bennett and Hoolahan all important players for us next season in my view, certainly the latter two anyway and I will be very worried if Neil decides to ship them out. IF we get back up then yes we may need to change the squad more markedly but lets cross that bridge when we come to it.

Forget about building a premiership team. The team have one job now, win promotion back to it.

The likes of jerome and co who are great championship players need to be kept and motivated into getting us promotion. We can deal with having a "premiership class team" when we are back there.

Back to Tettey, is he out of contract in summer or does he have a year left?

Tettey''s Jig''s point is pretty much the crux of the matter when it comes to squad changes. Do we want to retain most of a side that got us promoted twice and would have a very good shot at doing so again but can''t keep us up in the Premier League or try to introduce new players that *might* be able to get us promoted and develop into Prem class players.

It''s a difficult one. Two seasons ago we went with the former, adding players too good for the Championship but who had struggled in the top tier and after not strengthening in the summer it''s ultimately cost us. Will be interesting to see what the club go with this time.

Ok if we are not going to try and keep Tettey, who are the examples of better or at least on par holding players outside of the prem?. I''m struggling to think of anyone myself and I would certainly be worried about a young and promising player in that high responsibility position, unless he was an exceptional talent.

We should be signing up O''Neil for another year (if we can) and alternating him and Tettey as our holding midfielder next season. Tettey wont manage a full season if he''s flogged every game but 25-30 games should be ok.

Howson the other central midfielder with Dorrans as back up.

The only replacement I would be happy with would be George Thorne from Derby, but he''s not as good as Tettey imo....and he''s just broken his leg

[quote user="mrs miggins"]The only replacement I would be happy with would be George Thorne from Derby, but he''s not as good as Tettey imo....and he''s just broken his leg[/quote]

I agree he does look a good player, but he''s another walking injury and he''s only young. Usually when young players start stacking up the injuries they seem forever out with niggles throughout their careers, Wiltshire is going the same way.

Crucial period for us now. If we do lose players like AT, which I sincerely hope we don''t, investing that money wisely is going to be a difficult process. Finding the players that are capable of getting us up and then being good enough to be competitive the PL is a tough tough task. Tettey has shown he''s good enough for the prem IMO so for me would be a big loss.

[quote user="FCC"]I think he will find by 5:00 today he already has.[/quote]Hilarious! [:|]Are you here all week?

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 2016-05-12 3:10 PM:

We need to keep all of our quality players..............

Won''t be keeping too many then!!

I''m another one who won''t be hugely disappointed if he goes. A good solid player on his day but if off the boil he gives the ball away far too much.

Certainly if he has an I''m too good for the championship approach I''d be getting shot of him asap so we build a team of players prepared to fight for the club

Vastly under rated player IMO and would be a top player at championship level, which he has proven before.

Plenty I would rather go before AT.

Since Alex Neil is staying I am quite sure Tettey will be staying. He has very often found a starting place for him. Reckon Tettey brings the steel in the midfield that is lacking with other players. I may be wrong but would be amazed if he is out of the picture later this week when we get to hear about the list of released players.

Alex Tettey was arguably our most effective player in the championship and there''s no reason why he can''t be again.

Why people try and re-write history is beyond me, but to say he''s not a very good player in the championship is clearly wrong.

He said exactly the same thing before we went down last time, yet played a hell of a lot of games for us becoming our most important player that year with the exception of BJ and perhaps Wes and Redmond.