Olano

Tettey - « I don’t know if I will go down with Norwich"

-Tettey

have told NRK (Norwegian tv) that « I

don’t know if I will go down with Norwich"

Have a

feeling he wont play for Norwich again.

http://www.nrk.no/sport/tettey_-_-forferdelig-ikke-a-kunne-bidra-1.12937514

Seem to recall he said that last time. out of his depth in the PL but good in the championship. If he is not committed then lets make his mind up for him

Realistically we will do well to keep hold of Tettey, Howson, Redmond and Klose next season.

Brady, Pinto and Olsson may attract some attention if fjey are lucky. I can''t see any club battering down the door for anyone else.

If we have players who think they can go onto better things, and don''t want to fight to get us up again next season, then they can jog on as far as I''m concerned.

There''s a few players who have acquitted themselves well, and may well be genuine targets for other Prem clubs (Howson, Klose, Brady) - but if the others were good enough to perform at Prem level then we wouldn''t be going down.

Honest opinion - I would let him go.

Sounds obvious, but he does some things well, and is poor on other aspects of a holding midfielder''s role. He''s no Kante (yeh, yeh, I know, who is?) but needs a more ''all round'' game to his skill set, in that role, to be really effective imo.

Thanks Alex, but......

If they think they can go onto better things it makes no difference. We had players who wanted to move on last time we went down, we kept them and got promoted. Although Olsson was gash in the championship last season, he''s been great in the last half of the season.

We need to keep all of our quality players. And that''s it. If we sell players who are crucial to our promotion push then we are making a terrible decision.

I know the player profiles are not always up-to-date on the NCFC website but it says his contract ends this year anyway (see below).
Transfer Markt says the club has a 1 year option. 
So it looks like we''ll extend if only to get a fee?
NORWICH City signed Norwegian international Alexander Tettey from French side Rennes on a two-year deal in August 2012, ahead of agreeing a fresh two-year deal in September 2014. 

We should be building a side that is capable of staying in the top flight , not holding onto players who are not good enough for that league . City fans want a solid defence but also want to keep Russell Martin , they want a potent strikeforce but want to hold onto Jerome , to build this side the deadwood has to go and we have plenty of that . Time to remove all who have had more than one chance in the Prem and failed miserably , they need replacing now while we have the parachute money to do it .

Tettey is a great player, but not irreplaceable. If he wants out he would not be one I would be particularly concerned about losing.

There was a similar interview last time as I recall but was this interview this morning or was it some time last week and he was simply saying he is not sure if Norwich will go down? Even if the former then its not like he''s saying he definitely wants out more a statement of the fact there is some uncertainty. I''ve never seen any evidence of Tettey not trying when playing for us or having a bad attitude.

CanaryOne wrote the following post at 12/05/2016 11:40 AM:

We should be building a side that is capable of staying in the top flight , not holding onto players who are not good enough for that league . City fans want a solid defence but also want to keep Russell Martin , they want a potent strikeforce but want to hold onto Jerome , to build this side the deadwood has to go and we have plenty of that . Time to remove all who have had more than one chance in the Prem and failed miserably , they need replacing now while we have the parachute money to do it .

-------------

Thats not the aim next season though is it. The aim next season is to build a team capable of getting up again. You can say Jerome isn''t a very good striker, but at championship level he is. He scored (about) 17 goals including the first at Wembley - in the championship he''s a beast, saying that we will need another 20+ goals a season striker to compete with him.

Once we go up, that is when you build a team capable of succeeding in the PL because that costs money - and thats what we should''ve done this season.

NRK have talked to him 2 times. Before and after the gameHe is not saying he wants out. Only that he is unsure of his future and he want promise to stay in Norwich (sorry about the English, from Norway)

Good stuff Olano. Let''s hope most of the players are willing to stay and repair the mistakes of this season.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]CanaryOne wrote the following post at 12/05/2016 11:40 AM:

-------------

Thats not the aim next season though is it. The aim next season is to build a team capable of getting up again. You can say Jerome isn''t a very good striker, but at championship level he is. He scored (about) 17 goals including the first at Wembley - in the championship he''s a beast, saying that we will need another 20+ goals a season striker to compete with him.

Once we go up, that is when you build a team capable of succeeding in the PL because that costs money - and thats what we should''ve done this season.[/quote]That will never happen though Miggins , go up with 6 or 7 of these Championship players in the team and you cannot upgrade them all so you end up giving them a go because they got us up . Jerome can be replaced by better even at Championship level as can Martin and a few others . These players are stale and fast approaching the end of their careers , time to ship them out.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]We should be building a side that is capable of staying in the top flight , not holding onto players who are not good enough for that league . City fans want a solid defence but also want to keep Russell Martin , they want a potent strikeforce but want to hold onto Jerome , to build this side the deadwood has to go and we have plenty of that . Time to remove all who have had more than one chance in the Prem and failed miserably , they need replacing now while we have the parachute money to do it .[/quote]This is exactly what I''d do. McNally has paid the price for a failed strategy where we''ve not invested enough in the future, and failed to scout out the next generation. As a club we''ve ground to a halt and are back to square one.

if we keep the same team as we have now how can we gel a team that plays together to a system if we have to replace 7/8 players if / when we go up

build now in a easier league than trying to rebuild in the hardest league in the world

that is where this is a massive year a lot of deadwood players that need replacing and a manager with a poor signing / transfer record thats what worries me

When he got injured people said we wouldn''t miss him. People said we''d be better without him.

Deary me.

That will never happen though Miggins , go up with 6 or 7 of these Championship players in the team and you cannot upgrade them all so you end up giving them a go because they got us up . Jerome can be replaced by better even at Championship level as can Martin and a few others . These players are stale and fast approaching the end of their careers , time to ship them out.

-----------------------------------------

Cameron Jerome is 29 in his prime. Martin is a decent option to have on the bench in the championship.

Jerome scored a good number of goals in the championship and heavily contributed to our promotion, However we also had one of the championship top scorers as well on our books from the previous season in Grabban - once again we''ll need that sort of signing again (although I don''t rate Grabban that much, it was a logical signing at the time).

You''re point about going up and then replacing 6 or 7 of the team isn''t realistic - incorrect. Look at the teams we went up with Watford and Bournemouth - the bought in a whole host of players, especially Watford. We also spent that sort of money when we went down with Hughton then; the problem then was that players recruitment was poor - RVW and Elmander ffs.

I see what you saying - get the PL players in now to get us up and to stay up, but imo thats not realistic. If we sell Olsson, Redmond, Tettey and Brady - you think we''re going to replace them with better quality? You''re kidding yourself if you think that imo

it can happen to build a side to go up and stay there like lambert did

but like morty rightly pointed out to me lambert era was a bit of a freak as it rarely happens that everything falls in to place like it did in the lambert years

but its what you want and you have to aim for

Lambert had to though because we needed to upgrade as we had a L1 team going into the championship going into the PL. Now we''ve had a PL team dropping down to the championship getting new strikers and thats it (Jerome Grabban) going up to the PL and then coming down with a more or less the same team.

norfolkngood wrote the following post at 12/05/2016 12:26 PM:

if we keep the same team as we have now how can we gel a team that

plays together to a system if we have to replace 7/8 players if / when

we go up

build now in a easier league than trying to rebuild in the hardest league in the world

that is where this is a massive year a lot of deadwood players that

need replacing and a manager with a poor signing / transfer record

thats what worries me

What worries me Nor is the final thro away comment that the current manager has a poor signing transfer record - where does this very negative assumption come from ?Can you back this up with facts or is it based on your FIFA experiences ?

like the majority of our squad, the championship is his level. Lacks the passing ability needed to be considered a good PL midfielder

[quote user="mrs miggins"]You''re point about going up and then replacing 6 or 7 of the team isn''t realistic - incorrect. Look at the teams we went up with Watford and Bournemouth - the bought in a whole host of players, especially Watford. We also spent that sort of money when we went down with Hughton then; the problem then was that players recruitment was poor - RVW and Elmander ffs.

I see what you saying - get the PL players in now to get us up and to stay up, but imo thats not realistic. If we sell Olsson, Redmond, Tettey and Brady - you think we''re going to replace them with better quality? You''re kidding yourself if you think that imo[/quote]Bournemouth and Watford had a much bigger budget than us, for wages as well as fees. Our best chance is to spend time reinvigorating the squad as I don''t think we can afford to buy quality on promotion, at least to the degree that we can compete in a sustainable way.Relying too much on buying big when promoted tends to see the money get sucked into wages and fees, with little coming back in when these players leave. We end up not buying to develop, which is where could be generating a sustainable income.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]That will never happen though Miggins , go up with 6 or 7 of these Championship players in the team and you cannot upgrade them all so you end up giving them a go because they got us up . Jerome can be replaced by better even at Championship level as can Martin and a few others . These players are stale and fast approaching the end of their careers , time to ship them out.

-----------------------------------------

Cameron Jerome is 29 in his prime. Martin is a decent option to have on the bench in the championship.

Jerome scored a good number of goals in the championship and heavily contributed to our promotion, However we also had one of the championship top scorers as well on our books from the previous season in Grabban - once again we''ll need that sort of signing again (although I don''t rate Grabban that much, it was a logical signing at the time).

You''re point about going up and then replacing 6 or 7 of the team isn''t realistic - incorrect. Look at the teams we went up with Watford and Bournemouth - the bought in a whole host of players, especially Watford. We also spent that sort of money when we went down with Hughton then; the problem then was that players recruitment was poor - RVW and Elmander ffs.

I see what you saying - get the PL players in now to get us up and to stay up, but imo thats not realistic. If we sell Olsson, Redmond, Tettey and Brady - you think we''re going to replace them with better quality? You''re kidding yourself if you think that imo[/quote]The players you mention  would not be the ones i am talking about though , maybe Tettey but i would keep Olsson , Redmond and Brady . Players like Russell Martin , Jerome , Bennett , Hoolahan , Jarvis, Mulumbu, Lafferty etc etc players that are no good to us if we find ourselves promoted again .Its time to rebuild now because fail to go up in the next couple of seasons and there wont be any money left to do it .

I can understand Martin, Jarvis, Mulumbu and Lafferty, Andreu etc but not Hoolahan and Jerome.These players have proven time and time again that they boss the championship.

Opinion eh.

but after jerome has scored another 20 goals in the championship who you then sell him if we got up or would it be the same old story of well he did well last year as we know he just falls short in the PL

norfolkngood wrote the following post at 12/05/2016 1:54 PM:

but after jerome has scored another 20 goals in the championship who you then sell him if we got up or would it be the same old story of well he did well last year as we know he just falls short in the PL

----------------

If it were me I''d sell him if we went up. Although he works hard, he''s not and never has been a PL striker.

Although we needed to spend that £12-14m on Koulibaly at CB, we also needed to spend a great deal on a striker.

Jerome''s not a bad 3rd-4th choice striker in the PL, but not as your main rotating 2. Unfortunately he''s not good enough for that. If he were to stay he''s the sort you want in the last 10 minutes when we''re winning 2-0 to run down the clock....not that that''ll happen much judging on the last few times we''ve been in the PL.