Sign in to follow this  
FCC

New Signings

I think we will find it difficult to recruit this summer. The newly promoted clubs have a far bigger budget than we had last summer and can hoover up a lot more players as squad members than we could last year.

If Rafa stays at Newcastle they will be short odds to bounce back and an attractive proposition.

I''ve read the thread on Gayle, and if we agreed a fee I fear Burnley or Boro could walk in late on and offer Premier League money for what for them would be a squad player.

I hope we can get who we need and cash in on the Premier money if we are selling Redmond. At £10 million ever Premier club could afford him now, so we need to bargain hard.

Or here is an alternative view...

Newcastle have gone down with a huge wage bill and will need to offload quite a few players probably. Villa are a squad in need of a major reboot with an ongoing takeover situation hampering any forward planning for transfers. Derby (last years big spenders in the Championship) will surely be unable to match last seasons spending and one of Shef Wednesday or Hull will probably go up leaving us with Brighton as the only other top 6 team to worry about.

Can see Newcastle doing exactly what they did last time they were relegated, leaves only one direct route back before the play-off lottery.

The current team are not good enough and that''s before the cull begins.

Added to the internal problems at CR regarding the Board.

Mr Bowkett resigning days after being re-elected

McNally going

Players playing away from home does not help team spirt

Could be a bad season

Hopefully targets are in place and soon as the play-offs are decided if any players we like are with these clubs move in,the young Sheff Wed defender springs to mind

[quote user="daly"]Can see Newcastle doing exactly what they did last time they were relegated, leaves only one direct route back before the play-off lottery.

The current team are not good enough and that''s before the cull begins.

Added to the internal problems at CR regarding the Board.

Mr Bowkett resigning days after being re-elected

McNally going

Players playing away from home does not help team spirt

Could be a bad season[/quote]

I''m not naive enough to think they won''t be challenging but I think the composition of this Newcastle side is quite different to when they last came down. Then they had quite a British and physical core with the likes of Nolan and Carroll. This time they have a lot of skilful foreign players who signed to play on the premiership. They are far more of an unknown quantity at this level than us I think as it''s hard to know how those players will take to playing championship football or indeed how many will stick around.

I''m optimistic about our recruitment this summer having learned a very harsh and costly lesson last summer. The u-turn of signing Joaquín Larrivey says everything about the fact that Neil was not happy with the scouting network and acquisitions being lined up.

I would like a good mix of upcoming talent and experience in the squad. Targets I would like to see are Hal Robson Kanu, Jake Cooper or Hector on loan from Chelsea, Zac Clough. For an experienced proven goalscorer I do think Glenn Murray would be a good short term deal player. New keeper is needed and reckon someone like Westwood at Sheff wed or Silvestri from Leeds. Would Lansbury fancy a second stint at CR?

I don''t see that we will have any more or less problem in recruiting than we usually do - we''ll have more buying power than many in the Champs, and with a decent core should be able to show that we will be challenging towards the right end of the table. There will be inevitable leavers and players we''re linked with who would never come, but at least we hopefully won''t get those stupid Italian links that popped up regularly last summer - perhaps thse rumours will move on to Burnley?!

IMO Newcastle could easily go either way - it would be a surprise if a number of their players didn''t look to move on, considering themselves above Champs football, but as they didn''t exactly perform would that be a bad thing? They will have a degree of ''pull'' for new players but have a hell of a lot to do, as do Villa.

[quote user="FCC"]I think we will find it difficult to recruit this summer. The newly promoted clubs have a far bigger budget than we had last summer [/quote]

Promoted from Div 1 : Wigan, Burton and one other.

I think we can compete with these clubs.

I think we will find it difficult to recruit this summer. The newly promoted clubs have a far bigger budget than we had last summer and can hoover up a lot more players as squad members than we could last year.

If Rafa stays at Newcastle they will be short odds to bounce back and an attractive proposition.

I''ve read the thread on Gayle, and if we agreed a fee I fear Burnley or Boro could walk in late on and offer Premier League money for what for them would be a squad player.

I hope we can get who we need and cash in on the Premier money if we are selling Redmond. At £10 million ever Premier club could afford him now, so we need to bargain hard.

I am not optimistic in the PL but there are loads and loads of players out there, there are many search engines available even without proper scouting. I think i could honestly do better than Lee Darnborough myself on a cursory tour of Transfermarkt. The recruitement at our club has been an absolute joke for a no of of years now and why McNally should have resigned some months ago

Looking domestically, my picks would be Gayle, Cairney, Zach Clough, Pritchard (loan), Shackell, Joe gomez (loan).

I''d like Dwight Gayle from Palace, though I suspect newly-promoted sides will show an interest and he''ll likely want to stick around in the Prem. Failing that, Moussa Dembele from Fulham would be a good signing. 15 goals in 41 apps this season in an average side. Only 19 too, with the likes of Hoolahan, Maddison, Murphy''s as well as inevitable signings, he could really develop with us.

Tom Lees from Wednesday would be a good signing at CB, I''d also be looking at Jake Bidwell at Brentford should Olsson leave.

[quote user="MJR"]I''d like Dwight Gayle from Palace, though I suspect newly-promoted sides will show an interest and he''ll likely want to stick around in the Prem. Failing that, Moussa Dembele from Fulham would be a good signing. 15 goals in 41 apps this season in an average side. Only 19 too, with the likes of Hoolahan, Maddison, Murphy''s as well as inevitable signings, he could really develop with us.

Tom Lees from Wednesday would be a good signing at CB, I''d also be looking at Jake Bidwell at Brentford should Olsson leave.[/quote]

Bid well is a good call. I''d try and get Alan Judge too.