Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Mbokani dropped for three matches!!!

Being reported today that DR Congo have dropped Mbokani for the next three matches due to not turning up and playing after being caught up in the Brussels airport bombing.

However they have given fellow countryman Yannick Bolasie plenty of time off to prepare for his wedding.

Absolute scandalous. Easy for me to say but I would tell them where to stick it!

Would also love to see Mbokani here next season as I think he would frighten the life out of those championship defenders.

It sounds like he''s been given a bit of a bum deal by his country - perhaps he should just retire from internationals, if the FA is a bit ''off''.

As regards next season, I personally think he''s a bit of an ''inbetweener'' in terms of PL/Champs so would be a great signing there - for me, this season he didn''t do ''it'' often enough. I reckon he''d look great at the lower level and do much better if/when promotion came around, but he didn''t sound like he wants to drop down and money is also likely to be an issue.

Hadn''t relationships (with management?) gone a bit sour for him in the Ukraine?

It might well depend upon who else is interested in taking him on and at what price.

We have the advantage of him knowing us so, if there''s no competition, another season long loan possibly?

It would be a good move for our prospects next season, IMO.

We have the advantage of him knowing us so, if there''s no competition, another season long loan possibly?

or the disadvantage of him knowing that we do not create chances for a striker ............

"or the disadvantage of him knowing that we do not create chances for a striker ..."

We created enough the last time we were in the Chumps. Third highest goalscorers, I seem to recall.

I am sure he would do a good job in the chumps but not at his current wage levels - if he is prepared to compromise (which his earlier comments suggested he wouldnt) then perfect

However like Jerome I just dont think he is quite prem standard (the team scored roughly the same number of goals/points per game with either CJ or Mbokani starting, but we conceded far more goals with DM starting, suggesting there isnt really much between them) - for me signing some one who may step up is more important.

I suspect the non appearance v Everton highlights that his future isnt here.

I would be gobsmacked if he was here next season, bearing in mind he has already said he won''t play in the Championship.

Mbok retired from international football, so they would do well to drop him?

Also, he is better than the Champ. I expect a Prem Club will sign him in the summer.