Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Now the dust has settled, what do people think of this season?

I''ve enjoyed some of the games and as expected we finished where I thought we would.

Great performance by the squad to keep us in the mix till the last three games.

Not sure AN is this great manager those who have been defending him say he is. That said I think he deserves the chance to build the squad and give the championship a go.

The loss of Bowkett and McNally to me is poor from our board and those in have done nothing for the club. Ed Balls supporters keep rolling out his paper credentials and his supposed rich list of contacts, yet he''s really had no impact since being bought on the board, jobs for old mates and family come to mind.

A very important summer coming up and we go into it with four or five premiership quality players who are all either gone back to their parent club or indicated they want to move on for the good of their careers.

AN who has a questionable success in the transfer market, only a couple signings had any real impact. Question mark on him to the type of player as a manager he can attract, not being funny but if Benitez stays at Newcastle he''s got some pull for players!

Our budget is by all accounts not as healthy as some think, last year we went into debt, this year we spent a fair bit on wages and loans, not to mention 20 million on some very poor players, Jarvis, Dorrans and Naismith to mention 3.

So to sum up not happy with going down but it''s been a good ride this year, not happy with the make up of our board but nothing I can do about that, not too happy with some of our current squad, won''t be too sad to see all bar Howson, Pinto, Wes, Klose, Ruddy, Jerome and Olsson go! AN still to prove his worth and this summer might define him as a manager.

Going into the summer with a few concerns but looking forward to a fresh sweep of the broom with hopefully a younger more hungry squad by the 6the of August.

"Great performance by the squad to keep us in the mix till the last three games."

???   ....I''m not sure if you''ll find too many offering to pat the squad of the back for that ??

I''ll look at the 3 points out of a possible 27 from January 2nd through to March 19th as being the reason that we were in that mess in the first place....

I get that, but this squad went down two seasons ago and in reality not much quality was added till January, so I think to be in the mix with three games to go was a fairly decent return.

When I look back at past relegations... it tends to be "if only"...

95 - if only we''d had a decent backup to Gunn.

05 - if only we''d signed Ashton before the start of the season.  When we were playing the Doc up front, I knew we were in trouble and it was going to be a tough season.

09 - somehow this one had an inevitable feeling about it; we were reliant on goals from short-term loan strikers and it just felt like it was going to happen.

13 - if only we''d not blown our budget on an unsuitable striker, and if only we''d sacked the manager before Christmas.  But with RVW and Hughton, it also felt like we weren''t going to survive from about the New Year TBH.

This time though, there are so many "if onlys" that you could go on and on and on.  Probably the most frustrating relegation, because there are so many things which could''ve been changed and it wouldn''t have taken much for us to survive.