Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Feel for Brighton tonight...

We didn''t ''feel'' for Wolves in 2002 when they finished 11 pts ahead of us - it happens, everyone knows the rules; Brighton haven''t had much luck but c''est last vie.

While I didn''t care for his style I do believe that Chris Hughton was only trying to do his very best for Norwich City - and I have always got time for that.

I can''t understand criticism of the playoffs after the horses have bolted.

You sign up to it before day one in August.

If you want to be a Prem team you have to be able to over come a Championship rival over two legs.

Hope Hull go up. I''m not too concerned about Derby, Wednesday and Brighton next season.

Wasn''t just away games he made utterly tortuous.

Yes he was doing his utmost for NCFC, but he was wrong. Not only was he wrong, he was stubbornly wrong. The most depressing, boring and most importantly, ineffective style of football I''ve seen us play.

I''m not critising CC, just saying I feel for them, i think it''s good when the team that finishes 3rd gets promoted (unless that team was Ipsh*t or we were the team in a playoff spot other than 3rd)!

Isn''t his Prem points per game average better than AN''s?

So I''m not sure his style was the most ineffective.

And it certainly wasn''t ineffective when we took wins and points off the big clubs.

Like I said, I didn''t overly like that style but Norwich City have had far worse managers than Chris Hughton.

Ok, ineffective was the wrong word in isolation. I was more frustrated in the dogged insistence to play the same way no matter what. It was boring to start with and when it didn''t work, we tried nothing else. For those saying AN isn''t flexible enough with formations (which is a good argument), at least our philosophy of play has changed (too often) and so shows AN is willing to adapt and change.

That season and our style of play sticks in my mind for all the wrong reasons and it ruins the previous 4 seasons hard work (including Hughtons first season, which was a big achievement imo).

To be fair to Hughton they really gave it a go last night absolutely threw everything at Wednesdayfrom the off . A few more efforts like that from us this season particularly against teams around us wouldn''t have gone amiss.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]I can''t understand criticism of the playoffs after the horses have bolted.

You sign up to it before day one in August.

If you want to be a Prem team you have to be able to over come a Championship rival over two legs.

Hope Hull go up. I''m not too concerned about Derby, Wednesday and Brighton next season.[/quote]^^^ This ^^^

[quote user="alartz"]Let''s all laugh at hughton!!!![/quote]

LMA Manager of the season for the Championship gets laughed at by an idiot on a message board.

[quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]think I''ll prefer watching Snodgrass in Premier league more than watching Hooper get there.....[/quote]

He''d be sold to a League 2 or below club immediately, so you wouldn''t have to worry too much about that one.

What a game. Derby are going to get this done.

And what a difference dropping Johnson has made??! Wonder if they will sell us him back if they go up?

Hull look quite ragged compared to the first leg.Derby will win this but maybe by not enough.