Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Its all Nigels fault !

Yeah  ...  lets all cast around for  somebody  to blame  for the dismal performances ,  sure enough  , there he is ...  Worthington !   give the poor sod all the flak   when it goes tits up ...  its the easy route  innit ?    lets ignore  the fact that its the PLAYERS  who lose games .... is it Nigels fault when Greeno  acts like a startled rabbit in headlights when a ball comes towards him ?

Is it Nigels fault  when the strikers miss sitters ?

Is it Nigels fault  that  he`s forced to  keep shuffling his team around because of injuries sustained in TRAINING ?   one might  question  the , so called , " sports scientist "   [ roll in your grave Clough ! ]  who`s methods seem to  resemble  boot camp for the SAS !

Sacking Nigel will cost us a bundle , will further divide  the schism already evident among the players ,  will STILL  leave  the " establishment "  coaching staff  in place , ready to  p**s of the new manager , big time !

And ... when Nigel departs  , he`ll take players with him !   great !!    As it is , there`s a chance of us turning around a very bad spell [ it happens  a lot ! ]     but NOT if a new manager  is thrust into the present situation ,  it would be like re-inflating  a leaky  Li-Lo  ,  floats ok for a while , then sinks ! 

Yes, it''s all nigels fault.

He picks the team, train''s the players, makes terrible tactical decisions, then attacks the fans.

Do we really want someone like that in charge, or take a chance that sombody new will have some sort of idea of how to get us out of this mess.

personally i''ll take the chance with someone new.

p.s every team has injuries just that nigel uses it as an excuse, remember we have a squad of players that he built, they should all be capable of playing that basic of things - FOOTBALL !!

worhty out!

[quote]Yeah ... lets all cast around for somebody to blame for the dismal performances , sure enough , there he is ... Worthington ! give the poor sod all the flak when it goes tits up ... its t...[/quote]

I agree sheded - the players are ''at fault'' too but the buck stops with worthy.

Under-performance from players has not helped but only if that happens for 2-6 games can the manager escape responsibility - beyond that it is the managers job to change things around, adopt different styles with the aim of getting better results.  The current problems with Nigels style have been evident for several months now and with no evidence that he can change the performance of the players then he is the one to take the can.  

OTBC

Turn it around? Thars what the worthy backers were saying last season! How much time does he need to turn things around?

I''m still waiting for someone to state (in a calm & considered way) who can step in AND what he can do with the current state of affairs - other than a team psychologist (even if Worthington were to go).

I suspect that the team psyche and the damaging atmosphere in the ground (you can feel it in the air) are more to blame than anything else (injuries aside). A downward spiral has now been created, from which it will take a very strong team to break.

The ''pulling together'' effect was very powerful and possibly under-estimated. That has now been broken (irretrievably it would seem) and the way forward will be so much more difficult.

I, personally, cannot see that Worthington going will change these other factors and will hurt the finances of the club (and the ability to get in any additional players/replacements).

I need someone (who doesn''t just want to rant) to pursuade me otherwise.

Canaries For Ever

I cannot see Worthy turning this around now, and would hope the board are making some sort of rescue the club plan as we speak.

IMO we aren''t going to get someone like Burley - as much as I would admire someone who is obviously capable at this level and advocates a great style of football.  So who?

As a precaution against further dire consequences of keeping Worthy, Livermore and Foley in charge I would immediately appoint Dave Williams and maybe Keith Webb to stabilise the ship and sort out the style of play and tactics as I personally think that the inadequate tactics and forward planning Nigel has applied this season (if not before) and lack of foresight in preparing an adequate midfield after the departure of Francis, is costing us dear now.

Whatever happens now CFE, bar a miracle in which Worthy turns this around and also learns from his mistaken tactics of before, the club is going to have to bite the bullet and pay him and his coaching staff off.  But rather that then the possibility of relegation and the inevitable loss of our better players in January should things not improve. 

We have seen our team at their worst in the past few games, before that our team not being able to play to their strengths due to many of Worthy''s tactical errors, plus a rather large number of injuries.  We really do need someone in charge who can coach properly, and instill desire and passion into their play.  Step forward Academy coach Dave Williams, I understand that he is reluctant to take over as manager, but hopefully he could be persuaded, failing that, then go all out for Burley, now he is available. 

Hope this goes someway to answering your points.