Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

End of season dinner

Yes, we went was a really good night all things considered, were lucky enough to share a table with POTS, Players Player of Season Jonny Howson and Martin Plsson, as well as Frankie ! my take on it is, Alex Neil going anywhere, is still hurting from being relegated, and is genuinely embarrassed by the support he has received over the last week, but will come back more determined than ever.

Afraid to say i think we will lose Klose, and probably Redmond, We had a chat with Nathan and said we thought his applause to the travelling support was more like a sad farewell rather than "thanks for being behind us", he implied it was out of his control where he is likely to be next season.......... And Klose was concerned that dropping into the championship would harm his international career.

Ed Balls did a short speech, to be fair was reasonable, thanked Bowkett and McNally for their work, Steve Stone was introduced and said a few words as interim CEO, also Delia reinforced her love and stated that the fans reaction to the players and staff after the Watford game was probably her proudest moment at the club, everyone sharing the pain but showing a togetherness, that is not seen very often in Football, and she is spot on with that viewpoint, IMO.

Foulger won the draw, a day at the soccer school at Colney, training, which he is going to do, and you can all go and watch for £10.

All things considered a very good night, and i''m glad they didn''t cancel it, Mr Howson should be captain next year (imo) top top man.

PIsson sounds more appropriate in the circumstance 😋

Departure of Redmond and Klose foregone conclusion I think. The

misery of relegation.

Klose leaving would be a shame. I was hoping he would be the sort to want to stay and help us out but I guess those two would bring in enough cash to enable us to buy some decent players.

Did Olsson or Howson give any indication of whether they are happy to stick about?

Klose going would be harsh but not all hope is lost.

He may be seeking a move away but he''s got to secure that first. He doesn''t strike me as a kind of guy that''s going to go on strike or anything silly. Expect he''ll be involved in pre-season training and if he can''t secure a move away would give his all for city.

The longer we retain his services the better.

Klose is staying my source has told me meetings took place last week after we were down

one defender is leaving but not klose

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Klose is staying my source has told me meetings took place last week after we were down one defender is leaving but not klose[/quote]

I hope very much you''re right.  He would be awesome in the Champs and would make a big difference to our chances of promotion if we can keep him.

A lot will depend on how and when Klose recovers from his injury, a season playing regular first team football could be what he''s looking for, he wasn''t a starter for Wolfsburg.

If he doesn''t go to the Euros this summer it will be two years until the next big international tournament he may feel that a season in the Championship won''t harm his chances too much.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Klose is staying my source has told me meetings took place last week after we were down

one defender is leaving but not klose[/quote]

Can''t be Bassong then because you said a defender is leaving

I''m sure Klose wants to play at the highest level possible, but I don''t see how playing regularly in what will hopefully be a strong and successful Championship side next season would harm his international career.
Redmond on the other hand I can''t see staying but hopefully we can get a good return on him and maybe that will give Josh Murphy a chance.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Klose is staying my source has told me meetings took place last week after we were down

one defender is leaving but not klose[/quote]

Only one?

Better be Whitts then, but we need another CB, otherwise Martin and Bassong are our only back-up.

i dont know if they would still sell him if they got a silly bid but as it stands happy to stay

which i think is correct anyway these players were brought in to keep us up they didnt so they should stay to get us back up !

( not just klose or no single blame but you get the idea )

It would be great if we could keep Klose, he could be a huge player for us next season. There is a bit of a myth about players ''needing'' to leave for their international careers - it is not surprising or unreasonable that it might be in a player''s thoughts, but there''s any number of internationals in the Champs; Olsson and Tettey didn''t harm themselves by playing well for us in our promotion winning season.

Peanuts wrote the following post at 17/05/2016 9:48 AM:

"Redmond on the other hand I can''t see staying but hopefully we can get a good return on him and maybe that will give Josh Murphy a chance."

----------------

This is my biggest fear next season; that we don''t spend the money if we sell Redmond, we just think the Murphy''s are good enough. They''re not.

i would like to see murphys given a chance as you do not know how they will play in OUR team not someone elses

BUT if we do buy a redmond replacement i think a young hungry pacey player that can improve is a must instead of a solid championship player who is 28

If we want that then why sell Redmond in the first place; we aren''t going to get someone who is as young as him and better.

We saw Josh Murphy in our team last season when we went up. Although I''m sure he''s improved, as it was only a year I doubt it will be by as much as we need.

I think it''s wis to not write him off and wait for pre-season, but at this stage I''m personally uneasy with that plan of selling Redmond and assume the murphy twins can be pivotal in our success next season.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Peanuts wrote the following post at 17/05/2016 9:48 AM:

"Redmond on the other hand I can''t see staying but hopefully we can get a good return on him and maybe that will give Josh Murphy a chance."

----------------

This is my biggest fear next season; that we don''t spend the money if we sell Redmond, we just think the Murphy''s are good enough. They''re not.[/quote]
Whether they are good enough or not remains to be seen. By all accounts Josh impressed this season in a poor MK Dons side and I think he deserves a chance. Obviously whatever money we get for Redmond needs to be spent strengthening the first team but now would be a good time to give one or two youngsters a chance.

If we want that then why sell Redmond in the first place; we aren''t going to get someone who is as young as him and better.

because IF ? redmond wants to move on we have no choice

so if thats the case i would perfer to sign young up and coming player that we can improve instead of solid old championship pro

Josh Murphy got 7 goals and 8 assists in a pretty poor Championship team from midfield.

Imagine what he could do in a superior side? I''m not saying he is going to be a raving success but he has more than earned the opportunity to feature in pre-season, make a claim and who knows. If he can get 7 goals and 8 assists in a team that is relegated, it is reasonable to expect he can exceed that in a team that we hope will be challenging at least for the playoffs.

I think the lad''ll do well and I''d be more than comfortable selling Redmond and replacing him with Josh Murphy and spending the proceeds elsewhere in the squad.

Redmond only has a year left on his contract so we need to sell him if he won''t sign an extension.  From his perspective, why would he sign an extended contract with us now ?

I''d be very interested to see how Josh Murphy has come on, I think he has as much natural ability as Redmond and more pace.

With regards to Klose a think a huge amount depends on whether he has a relegation clause or not- ie if someone bids over a certain amount we have to accept it. I wouldn''t be shocked if he did (realistic thing to do if you''re joining a struggling side in January) and he will have plenty of suitors.

If he doesn''t though then we have a reasonable amount of leverage. If we can persuade him to stick around for at least 6 months and see how we''re doing mid season I''d be happy- if we''re challenging he stays and if we''re not we sell, like with Dean Ashton.

With the younger players I think we are getting to a bit of a ''shit or get off the pot'' situation. Murphy has played a full season at the level we''re playing at next season. If we don''t think he''s ready after that when will he ever be?

[quote user="canarydan23"]Josh Murphy got 7 goals and 8 assists in a pretty poor Championship team from midfield.[/quote]Not entirely sure where you got this from. He got 8 goals and 11 assists throughout the season, 7 goals and 10 goals of which were scored in non-U21 competitions. Source.Also, everyone always seems to forget Jacob who also had a great season with 10 goals and 10 assists at Coventry pushing for a play-off position in League One.I think Brady with Josh as back-up on the left and Jarvis with Jacob as back-up on the right would be an incredibly strong Championship line-up of wingers.

I thought Klose was not getting a start in Germany before moving here , if that is the case i fail to see how Championship football is anymore harmful to international chances than German reserve football .

What was the actual dinner like and, more importantly, can we make any quippy "Rodger Moore style" retorts about what was served up?

I fully expect that we have seen the last of Redmond, Brady, Klose and Mbokani. There may be others but those four look nailed on to me.

Whether we rely on the Murphy''s or not, I too would be upset if we did not re-invest any money from a potential Redderz sale. However I am right in saying there are no squad restrictions in the Championship like the 25 over-21 rule in the Premiership? The only restriction is financial fair play, but with parachute payments of c. £30 million next season and the relegation clauses supposedly in all the players contracts, this should not really come in to play, should it?

Jim Smith wrote; Did Olsson or Howson give any indication of whether they are happy to stick about?

Both said all the right things, Olsson looking forward to facing Italy in first game of Euro''s in Paris, suppose risk is if he has a good tournament ?, Howson seems very settled, 2 young children loves the area, so would only be if someone else wanted him enough, he did say he will move back to Yorkshire when finishes playing, they have kept a house up there, he keeps in regular contact with Snoddy and Bradley, no surprise there !

IMO Klose will go, he looked me in the eye and said it is up to him, I fully expect him to go, would be delighted if he does stay, simply not convinced.