Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Top six next year

I''m hoping us and Newcastle kindle a rivalry like we did with Leeds in the league 1 season!

I have to say that its little early to be predicting such things. I mean we have no idea what our first team will look like, we can''t even be 100% sure that AN will be our manager next season, throw in we also have no clue what other teams will look like or who their managers may be and this thread starts to feel rather ridiculous...
Burton Albion
Norwich City
-----------------
Rotherham
Barnsley
Huddersfield
Aston Villa

You don''t even know what the preseason games are, and who will be playing in those games for us.

villa could do well next year

talk of chinese consortium buying them

with new CEO Keith Wyness ex Everton and aberdeen

Just out of interest did Derby sell anyone last year for big bucks? They seem to have spent a lot over the last couple of seasons, could they be in line to get embargoed?

At the moment we do not know who will be in the division and the success or otherwise of various clubs use of the transfer window. Newcastle, Brighton and the other unsuccessful play off clubs will be in and around there, we should be but only if we buy well in offensive positions, at the moment we only have enough goals in this squad for mid table

Newcastle

Sheff Wed

Villa

Derby

Norwich

Brighton

Not sure what order, but that could well be the top 6. That should be the 6 strongest teams, but you never really know. The gap between the Championship and League 1 is huuuuuge now! Wigan will do well to finish top half. Look at all the money in this league now and how mediocre the last 2 or 3 sets of clubs promoted from L1 have done.

It''s gonna be a hell of a scrap next year with I think a high promotion and low relegation total. There''s a big gap in class and resources starting to take shape between the top and bottom clubs of that league now. AN''s play off record is one reason I''m so keep to keep him and the auto''s are going to be bloody tough to get into.

I think next season will end with us between 12th and 16th. Cannot see us being top 6. Misplaced optimism but I like reading it! Guess it''s dependent on lots of factors between now and early August and the transfer window.