Sign in to follow this  
Jammy Yellow

Rickys on his way out...

The confuing thing is you can find many videos of him on Youtube scoring many excellent goals but the  it just didn''t happen at Norwich.Go figure !

[quote user="K Lo"]The confuing thing is you can find many videos of him on Youtube scoring many excellent goals but the  it just didn''t happen at Norwich.Go figure ![/quote]
I think the key is to look at the defending he was up against.  Watch the centre backs and full backs lumbering around like the Walking Dead.  It seems to me that Wiz would have scored fifteen in the Portuguese league.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][img]http://www.edp24.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.4209164.1440578921!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg[/img]I love this picture.  It was a very nice finish too.[/quote]
I was at that game and what this picture doesn''t show is the amount of opportunities RVW squandered to finally score this goal, not to mention up to this point the Rotherham defence were probably thinking that there was more chance of them scoring for Norwich than RVW and so left it to him to perform their defensive duties, you can even see the shock on the Rotherham player''s face like "oh shit, I thought he was playing for us!" My other favourite part of the match was when RVW decided to head someone''s already on target shot from an offside position, it''s sums RVW up for me A+ for effort, D- for execution. 
I really like the guy and wish him all the best but we''ve now had three managers realise he''s not good enough and all this talk of "he''ll come good" is nonsense. There''s is absolutely zero evidence to suggest even the remotest possibility of him coming good, he''s not going to come good and we all need to move on. The best thing now for both parties is to either get him transferred, loaned out again or come to a mutual agreement on cancelling his contract.

I can''t imagine there is a cat in hell''s chance of him going to Victoria Setubal. Most of the the clubs in Portuguese league, other then the possible exception of the big 3, have very little money and I can see them only being able to afford a fraction of his current wages.

I guess we will negotiate the early release of his contract and he will end up at Lisbon again or similar statue of club, as low risk gamble.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][img]http://www.edp24.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.4209164.1440578921!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg[/img]I love this picture.  It was a very nice finish too.[/quote]
I was at that game and what this picture doesn''t show is the amount of opportunities RVW squandered to finally score this goal, not to mention up to this point the Rotherham defence were probably thinking that there was more chance of them scoring for Norwich than RVW and so left it to him to perform their defensive duties, you can even see the shock on the Rotherham player''s face like "oh shit, I thought he was playing for us!" My other favourite part of the match was when RVW decided to head someone''s already on target shot from an offside position, it''s sums RVW up for me A+ for effort, D- for execution. 
I really like the guy and wish him all the best but we''ve now had three managers realise he''s not good enough and all this talk of "he''ll come good" is nonsense. There''s is absolutely zero evidence to suggest even the remotest possibility of him coming good, he''s not going to come good and we all need to move on. The best thing now for both parties is to either get him transferred, loaned out again or come to a mutual agreement on cancelling his contract.
[/quote]

So you moan about him even when he scores.

The evidence in his favour is: 1 game for us v championship opposition - 1 goal.

But let''s not try and get any return for the money we paid, let''s spend another 8 million for another 1 goal a season striker.

Yes, if we give him a decent try out (what would that be ?  10 games maybe?) and he doesn''t perform, we miss out on promotion as a result... I''m sure the fans will say that''s ok, no problem.

Or, radically, we could leave it to Alex Neil whether he thinks it''s worth giving RVW a shot next season.  Pretty sure I know what the outcome of that will be.

That''s a great picture nbs, almost looks as if he should be wearing a pair of tights.

Can''t knock the athleticism of the man, reminds me of the way he soared like an eagle to score that goal against Everton.😄

[quote user="curious yellow"]So you moan about him even when he scores.

The evidence in his favour is: 1 game for us v championship opposition - 1 goal.

But let''s not try and get any return for the money we paid, let''s spend another 8 million for another 1 goal a season striker.[/quote]
It''s been nearly three years, roughly 80ish appearances and only 12 goals in total, we are not going to get a return, I suggest you get over it. Alex Neil has already once run the rule over him and found him surplus to requirements, I am even willing to put my money where my mouth is and will donate £5 to charity for every league goal he scores for us. If he suddenly turns into a 20 goal striker then that will be £100 for charity and we''ll be promoted I expect (win-win) but heck I''d be surprised if he''s even present for pre-season!
As I say I like him, he seems a thoroughly decent guy but sadly for us he is just not good enough and I wish him all the best in the future.

AJ wrote the following post at 18/05/2016 11:25 PM:

''''Be afraid of the Wolf? If you''re sitting in row Z..''''

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if he can kick the ball that far AJ..

I personally have come to terms with the fact we seemingly have fallen foul of the most outrageous transfer con since Ali Dia.

However, if no-one wants his wages, and we aren''t going to get much by way of a transfer fee, I see no reason not to keep him around the squad.

Maybe the dead cat will bounce. Or, erm, dead wolf?

Rikki Van Wolfswinkle suddenly turning into a goal machine for Norwich City would be nearly as much of a turn up for the books as Leicester City winning the Premier League or Elvis Presley being discovered buying fish and chips in Valori''s.

I, like many, held faith in the player for much longer than I should have done, but the divorce was final.

Pay him off.

If you''re going to give him a chance it''s only fair you give me one too.
I also can''t hold the ball up, can''t finish, pass, cross and i''m slow too.

If you watch the everton goal again RVW is leaning so far back, the ball spins off his head rather than him heading it!

Just throwing this into the mix-Ricky scored one goal in a season where most people accept that the manager set us up mostly not to be beaten. Cameron Jerome scored 3 goals in a season where the manager set us up far less defensively.

Now I''m not sure if I''m being selective in my memory here, but I don''t recall Ricky actually missing that many chances, in fact I think that sometimes he just found goalkeepers in great form-Stockdale for Fulham springs to mind especially. Whereas CJ has had quite a few chances that he should have done better with-2 headers straight at the keeper in the last few games, blazing over from inside the 6 yard box (can''t remember who against).

I happen to like both of them, but I don''t understand why Ricky is given considerably more criticism than CJ-is it just the pricetag?

Exactly Angry. It''s both the price tag, and the failure to live up to expectations, which were ridiculously high. It was never fair on the lad.